• Ask
  • myTake

Boyfriend is Distant After Whispering "I Love You"... Should I be Worried?

Last weekend my Boyfriend whispered "i love you" to me during a post-coital "afterglow" moment :) Funny thing is he seems to be acting a little... Show More

I let him know that I felt the same way -- and solidified my sentiments by ending an email sign-off -- Love, (name). He waited a day to respond and he too signed off with Love, (name). I think we are growing slowly.

Most Helpful Opinion

• if a guy that isn't open with his emotions whispers he loves you and you ignore it...of course he is going to act a distant...or maybe he said it to please you and when he said he realized he is not there yet or maybe he won't be you really need to sit down and have a talk with him

What Guys Said 1

• A guy telling you he loves you is a big step. If you pretended you didn't hear it, he might be taken back by that even despite that you said it yourself last month. Guys don't always ante up with the "L" word and it clearly took a lot for him to say it. You are pushing him away by giving him space. If anything, you should do everything you can to make sure he knows you love him as well. He feels it.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you've both got it wrong, maybe you giving him space is making him think you've gone off him, or he's scared you off.Try speaking to him about him being distant, ask him if he wants the space you're giving him