Boyfriend is Distant After Whispering "I Love You"... Should I be Worried?

Last weekend my Boyfriend whispered "i love you" to me during a post-coital "afterglow" moment :)

Funny thing is he seems to be acting a little distant these days. Should I be worried?

I pretended like I didn't hear it... given that he whispered it so quietly (barely audible) in my ear. I have already said "i love you" to him a month ago -- and not that I am expecting him to say the same -- because for the most part he is a very emotionally distant guy. But since my admission he has outwardly identified that "he cares for me deeply; that he has feelings that he wants to ensure grow and develop, has mentioned twice that he would take a bullet for me (with tears in his eyes), sobbed while he came and had me over for a formal dinner to meet his parents. All good signs I think.

Anyways... he seems to be withdrawing and I am giving him his space to figure it all out. I hope that is the right thing to do.

Do guys really take a while to figure out what the do and don't feel? Do they practice it first before saying it?

I know I muttered it quietly to myself while we were together a few times in the sack... in the same whispered manner before I told him directly. Is it the same for guys?

I let him know that I felt the same way -- and solidified my sentiments by ending an email sign-off -- Love, (name). He waited a day to respond and he too signed off with Love, (name). I think we are growing slowly.

Most Helpful Girl

• if a guy that isn't open with his emotions whispers he loves you and you ignore it...of course he is going to act a distant...or maybe he said it to please you and when he said he realized he is not there yet or maybe he won't be you really need to sit down and have a talk with him