What exactly do women mean by "emotionally available"??

I get confused on this one. I hear so many women complain that men are not "emotionally available" enough. Does that mean sensitive? If anything I... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Interesting question. I don't think it necessarily means sensitive. I think that women often experience that when they share an experience with another woman, she will be likely to show signs of understanding it by nodding, asking questions, and telling about her own experiences that are related to what the first woman was saying. This way, woman I can react and a kind of mutual understanding comes into place. However, when women tell men things, they often seem at a loss for things to say and end up saying something like "yes, that sucks" or "well, just solve it by doing X", making the woman feel like he doesn't understand or doesn't care. When this happens, men can seem very distant, and it's difficult to establish a connection with them. When this happens it usually makes me lose interest in the guy. I don't bother to try "opening him up" because there are so many nice guys out there you can just talk to. Maybe other women do find it interesting?

Hope this helps :)

• Nice guys you can "talk to" are not usually nice guys you date.