Insecurity in friendships and significant relationships.

Hello there.

Well, I recently have realized that I have a serious problem with being very insecure in my friendships and relationships. I am constantly worrying that the person is mad at me, or doesn't like me, or that I've done something wrong.

I don't know why this is, but it just happens. Usually after about a month or so when I feel everything is going great...then the insecurity sets in, I start thinking these thoughts, and then the constant worrying begins. It's very hard for me to function when I'm thinking about how the relationship is going.

And when this happens, I tend to get desperate and end up harming the relationship. I notice this when the thoughts begin, and I try to stop, but it's just really hard!

Does anybody else have trouble with this? If so, what advice can you give me? I would really like to overcome this issue. :(

Thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

What Guys Said 2

• Thinking and overanaylsisng is bad, its a form of nerosis...get some professional help if you think its a real issue for you with relationships.

• Im the same exact way as you. I don't really have much advice cause I still struggle with it. You just have to really try and trust what people say and a lot on what they do to prove they care about you be it as a friend or a partner. You have to have faith and confidence in yourself,not base who you are on what someone else thinks. otherwise you'll smother and always be looking for that validation from someone else. Try doin the opposite of what you normally would. Its not easy changing how you think and feel esp when youve been doing it most of your life. You just have to try and all you can do is be a little better each time.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!