If a guy asks a girl, "do you still like me?" - does that mean he still likes her?

what does really mean?

ive been ignoring him. yet he still has the guts to talk to me, come to me and chat with me. why?i used to like him aloooooooot but the inconsistency of his actions turns me off. we had a history together so yeah I'm getting over him. he should too.

Most Helpful Guy

• it maybe that he asks you this question not because he still likes you but to see if you you still like him, and he can use your response to gauge weather he still can get his d*** wet but this may not be because he likes you but because he wants a pieceof meat to shag I know a lot of guys who treat girls like crap and its not right but if he did like you he proberly would be groverling to gfet you back not just askin if you like him:)

• " but if he did like you he proberly would be groverling to gfet you back not just askin if you like him:) " ---- groverling? pls explain?

• groverling means begging you and licking your arse to make it upto you lol sorry for my poor spelling

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 23

• usually when a guy asks a girl if he still likes him, he's trying to make sure that he's investing his time and affection in someone that will give it back whole hartly to him

so yes he still likes her

in response to the update, if you really feel he should be over you, then just use the direct aproach and tell him that you are just not into him. if he should ask why, then just tell him. if he tries to change for you however...then you might want to take a second look.

He could be the person just for you if all you disapproved of was inconsistency, and should he change just for you and you like it, then chances are he was serious from the start. :)

• I told him the truth today why I'm being a bitch towards him lately because I feel like I'm being used for his benefits only. he said I'm retarded for thinking that way because he doesn't want me to feel used. he said he likes me still and that I like him back. I told him he should like me for me not because of me giving him blowjobs only because I'm not just that. because anyone can give him a blowjob. and he said its not only that G, its you that I want.

• Haha, and this is why I shouldn't assume things D:

but yea, if that's the case, then drop em and move on, IMO, there's no point in a relationship if there's no emotional connection (and I'm personally against fwb, so I'm biased on that one).

If all it is a physical thing and your not enjoying it, then drop em, and move on. best decision you could possibly make (imo of course)

• I like him that's why I can't just let go. I told him id give everything if he shares the same emotions and feelings that I have but if not, its better for us to just forget and move on.

• It could mean quite a few things, actually.

He might like her.

He might just want to know if she likes him to boost his ego.

Her liking him may have been annoying to him, so he's trying to see if he has a reason to stop feeling annoyed or uncomfortable.

He may want to see if he's got a shot at sleeping with her.

Regarding all the answers...a lot of them don't even consider all sides to this issue, yet they still present their answer as a certainty, so take them as possibilities, not definite truths.

• so what's the ultimate sign for her to know that he actually likes her?!

• Not so fast. On many occasions men and women talk different languages... studies have documented that women communicate much more effectively in non verbal languages and men are not as sensitive to this.

The question itself indicates that he is picking up the signals of ignoring and the change of feelings, but he has not quite put the math of 1+1+1=3 together yet.

Don't be a coward and "ignore" him. Just step up to the plate and relay how you feel in a mature and sensible way. Use phrases like "I feel..." "I believe..." and not phrases like "you don't..." or "You can't..."

Until you are mature enough to speak to him, don't bash the guy because you've left him hanging...

• What about I think. can guys understand I think ?

So you mean you don't or you can't to mean don't use negatives or don't put it to him in place of saying your own position, pr do you mean specifically don't say you don't you cant?

• I mean don't point a verbal finger at him... if your feelings have changed, make certain that is what you are saying.

Far too often persons blame their partner for the way they feel. It's both immature and inaccurate.

Be responsible and mature ... tell him that these are your feelings and don't accuse a guy of "making you feel this way because he doesn't/can't/won't..."

Keep the discussion in first person...

• lol yea this guy was doing exactly what you said not to. and its terribly confusing. & unnecessary. he could have had a 5 minute conversation by saying I instead of five hours saying I.. but you. I ... you would not. I... you always.. I.. you never..

btw THINK do they get "I think" ? in your opinion.

• well... He's asking if you still like him because he likes you...

Guys are pretty simple.

• A girl certain won't ask a guy a question like this probably she doesn't like or even love d guy,.so it mean she likes him

More from Guys
18

What Girls Said 14

• well if he said "still" then you have liked him before or ya'll have already dated... it may mean that you seem like you like him and he is curious... depends on how it was said...you need to give more detail... its not like any harm will be done if you give us more to work with... you are already doing it anonymously... ?

• Lol... I'm actually asking in general. but if you say so, ye we went out, flirted, hooked up but we didn't have a label or were actually together and yea we had those warm fuzzy feelings and butterflies moment. lol. but in general, I think I was the one who fell more than he did. and I noticed he isn't that into me as I am to him so I am pulling away. I ignored him and distanced myself to get over him. that's why he had to ask.

• Could be.. but some guys just like to mess with girl's head..

• Yes, my answer is yes because generally a person will want to make sure that your answer matches theirs to avoid the embarrassment of them admitting feelings that you two do not share in. Is this guy an asshole? If so he might just be asking on an ego trip and he does NOT like you.

• He was a sweet nice guy. WAS. now, I think he is an asshole who's bored and insecured. so he tries to get it with me and honestly I'm done being used

• it means he wants to know if you like him. genius.

• yes he's still into her

• How do I know

• Becouse he said do you still like me :) 100%

More from Girls
9