How to stop missing someone who doesn't miss you?

It's a terrible conundrum, one that makes no sense and is self-defacing. Yet, I can't help it. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• i know what you mean, its been years for me and I still miss him but don't contact him or anything I feel like its his call to do that because he dumped me. Anyways, time and distance helps, get rid of everything that reminds you of her, stop going places that you went with her, just distract yourself whenever you think of her, focus in school go out with friends, find that one friend you can let it out to and talk with about it, music helps a lot, I love going for a nice jog hearing music its so relaxing. Music helps me get my mind off of things and makes me think of other scenery in my head...a lot of people say to start dating other people and meet new girls, but only do it when you are emotionally ready to give some other girl a chance, without being rebound, and without thinking she will be better or will be similar to the last have to have an open mind and realize everyone is different and you won't find a perfect match because no one is perfect, you have to get to know a girls imperfections and her inner beauty in order to realize she just might be 'perfect' for you after all...

its tough I won't lie. I don't even think we'll ever forget these people, the only difference though when it comes to successfully moving on, is not wanting to be with them anymore, and being indifferent about their existence.