• Ask
  • myTake

My girlfriend has changed.... how do I get her back?

my girlfriend used to be a great girl who thought everything I did was great and didn't care about what I did really.now she gets annoyed by anything I do.( for example childhood habits that are harmless like shaking my leg or messing with my sleeves on my shirt) when I do anything like that she gets furious. she also has become extremely jealous and tries to control everything I do. sometimes I miss out on things I enjoy the most because she doesn't think I should do it. All I'm saying is I want my old girlfriend back. Does anyone have suggestions?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Unfortunately this is why the phrase "We grew apart" is so common. People grow and develop over time. Sometimes that happens to be the so apart from their loved one that it's difficult to be in a relationships. You cannot change her. You can only talk to her about it. And if you have done so for a while now then you can either stay with her or you can choose to part ways. Neither of the choices are fun. The newness of your relationship has faded and you are now left with the everyday hum of the relationship. You have got to talk to her about it, let time go by and then make a decision. Good luck. Remember, she's not going to change unless she wants to.

What Girls Said 5

• Find out if she's having any personal problems that you aren't awarw of. You guys should like just sit down and talk and explain the situation to her. Probably take some time apart (not a breakup) just clear both y'all heads!

• Let her know that you feel like she has been over controlling you and you feel like your relationship is in jeopardy. Just talk to her about it

• awww. I feel like I'm becoming this way with my boyfriend. and it sucks. personally, why I do it.is because I couldn't stand losing him [jealous part] . and as for the habits. you guys are so comfortable with eachother. maybe she always hated it.kept it in so long.just think if your not happy now. can you spend the rest of your life in marriage with her? eye-openergood luck :)

• True I don't think I could and she doesn't either she just won't admit it

• Well, give her an ultimatum..start off by sayin' I really miss my old girlfriend and wish I still had her you know? or I don't know if I can continue because now I have someone watchin' my every step..maybe itll open her eyes that she gonna lose the ones she loves by her actions.

• You of all people know she is not like this. Right now she is probably depressed. I don't know if you did anything to make her feel so insecure? maybe cheat on her or somethign? idkIf you did do something to get her like this then give her a lot of love, attention, and honest communication. And trust me she will eventually get over it and go back to herself and maybe even a better version of her old self.If you didnt' do anything to get her like this then leave. It's hurting you and wasting your time. There are plenty of more fish in the sea. Also, I think everyone shakes their leg or messes with their sleeves. I've seen 10000+ people do that. I'm sure she's done that too.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like she's getting ready to trade up to another guy that's giving her attention and doesn't have the "flaws" she's noticing about you. She'll backwards rationalize it as you driving her away. Seen it bunch of times.