What does "I care for you" mean?

What does it mean if a man tells you, "I care for you"?

Does he sees me as his sister? A close friend? Does it mean more...Guys, why would you use those specific words?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Ask him!

If you want to know what he meant, you're going to have to have a conversation about it with him. Be prepared to tell him specifically how you feel if you broach the subject.

(there is no such thing as secret guy code)

What Guys Said 2

• I guess he is a promiscuous chicken, don't fall for that.

• It can mean a lot of things. If he's shy it means he has a crush on you. If he was using it to reject your advances, it means he just wants to be friends.

• i don't pick up any shyness from him

But also he didn't say it in response to anythin I did or said. He also sometimes say, "You are dear to me"... It sounds platonic or sister love... I just want to know if it is secret guy code for you are only a friend.

What Girls Said 3

• i care for you (definition): I care for you

• Ok I know I'm not a guy BUT, if he says he cares for you it means he cares about your feelings. In other words "I like you but I don't wanna get with you." Not trying to sounds harsh but I think its important not to look too far into things. For your own sake...good luck, doll! :)

• Thank you Glamgoddess, The situation is so confusing because he does drop hints now & then that he has deeper feelings but then he withdraws & goes cold. I generally align myself to how the guy feels as to "not get hurt" but when he's so confused it makes me a roller coaster lol!

• I'm not sure if it means as a sister or as someone he really likes, but one thing is for sure; you are definitely not just another girl to him and he won't treat you as a HPOA

• LOL!

• hot piece of arse haha

• What does HPOA stand for? Thank you for your post :)