Why don't guys take care of their kids?

OK so I think about the weirdest things and recently I have been trying to figure out why so many (not saying some females don't) guys don't take care of thier kids.I have came up with my own conclusion and would like you guys to tell me if you agree or disagree. I think it is because boys are taught from an early age that they aren't suppose to play with babydolls.After I came to this conclusion, I wanted to see if I may be right so I told my 3 sons AGES 12,10 and 5 I was going to buy them a babydoll and they all 3 said the same thing (I asked them at different times while it was just us two) They all said I don't want no baby doll so I asked why not and they all said Because theyr'e for girls So If we teach them from an early age that only females are suppose to care for babies then? Agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a tough argument. Toys are gender-role reinforcing, but there are all types of toys. If a boy builds a sand castle and imagines himself as the "king of his castle" doesn't that reinforce father-like behaviors? Ask them why their action figures are different from dolls?Then ask them who their role models are?

See, it's not that I agree or disagree with you, I think the question needs to be expanded-What is the relation between money and power, gender, and parental roles? Because in different societies they're culturally different. Being in the US, if a wealthy male travels all the time for work, and is never home, and the parents become divorced then joint custody is going to be a problem for the male. If he's poor and works two jobs and the parents divorce, he then faces a similar time restraining conflict, but instead of being flown all over the place, he is stuck in two places.

The next factor is the ideals and value a person holds in parenting versus the amount of success they wish to achieve (or not achieve) and they way in which they manage it. This is going to relate to what they saw as the big picture in life compared to their actual situation. And bridging those gaps or creating wider spaces relates to how we or future generations may act as parents.