How are fat/less attractive girls getting with fine guys? are the guys taking advantage of low self esteem?

i've been seeing this pairing a lot lately. any reason as to why fine guys are starting to date girls that aren't that cute? I always thought a really good looking guy could damn near get any girl he wanted so why would he date an ugly girl? well maybe not "ugly" as in hideous but he's a 10 and she's like a 4, he could do so much better so why is he with her? you hear all the time that men are visual creatures. men even say it themselves. most guys want beautiful women and don't have much regard for unattractive women...so why would a good looking guy date down? is it REALLY for personality or do you think these girls have low self esteem and feel lucky to date guys like this so they are doing really nasty sexual things or maybe giving him money (sugar mama)?what is it? is it REALLY because of personality reasons or something more sinister?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Ohhhh girl I know! It is like a trend lately, ugly fat girls and sexy guys. I assume it's just like they are easier targets because they will get with anyone, and they will have sex sooner than pretty classy girls.

• Thanks for best answer! And ugly girls obviously drop it pretty quick, that's how they get bfs

• What about the men who aren't interested in casual sex and aren't looking for a woman who "drops it on a dime"? Seriously, you need to open your eyes.

• Obviously not enough personality...since she's anonymous...

• Show Older

What Guys Said 11

• nice personality wins out over looks every time. But initial attraction is solely based on looks. No matter how great your personality, a girl won't meet a decent guy unless she's got the goods.

• Because some guys aren't shallow and actually value a woman for her personality.So maybe you should stop being so shallow and insulting to other people, and you might become more attractive...

• I've been attracted to women who aren't as attractive as I am... I like very rare personality traits and for some reason the more attractive women tend not to exhibit them. They also tend to be more appreciative of you as well because they feel really accomplished getting a guy like you. I've liked women of various levels of physical attractiveness. I am being completely honost with this as well so eff off if you think I'm BSing you.

• I see... Extremely good looking people Don't usually have that But I do know some...

• Modesty, humility.. things like that. They also don't consider you an accessory. Girls that aren't as attractive usually have a much better sense of humor and I love a girl that can make me laugh. I also love intelligent conversation. Obviously attractive girls can show these traits as well. I just like very unique personalities and not people that follow some clique.

• What are this rare traits? Just out of curiosity...

• Seriously, it has a lot to do with personality, a hot girl or pretty girl that is a bitch or thinks to highly of herself becomes ugly to me. If on the other hand she is not self obsorbed, friendly, carries a little extra weight or not as pretty,well, her personality may win her over a lot of guys.Oh, and yeah, girls that are all that tend to be high maintence, a lot of guys get tired of that. A smart guy in the end will realize that looks fade and it is what is inside that matters.

• I have to be honest. One of the biggest things a girl needs to be to keep my interest is to be secure in who she is. I would rather date a less attractive girl who was comfortable with it and didn't obsess over her looks than a hot girl who did. Whenever anyone obsesses over their looks to me it seems like insecurities that will manifest themselves in ways that will introduce a lot of unwanted drama into our relationship.In other words, even more important than looks are:She must be LAID BACK, DRAMA FREE, and MENTALLY STABLE. And when she obsesses over losing 5 lbs, or tanning, or stuff like that, then I would highly doubt she was those things.

• Looks aren't what you're offering. They're just the bait. Once the person has sunk their teeth in, it no longer matters at all.

• Lol I would expect someone who doesn't have the looks to offer to go for other non attractive people... Just saying. Anyways I have a boyfriend who loves me so I could careless what you think about me.

• Wow...Lucky...don't you think you're being shallow here?Do you honestly think this is how the world works?If this was how the world works everyone would be couples up, there would be no sites like these and societies would work on a some kind of a beauty principle!WTF is wrong with some people...

• Show Older
  • that's rare.Most guys prefere attractive girls over fat/ugly ones, even if the pretty ones have worse personalitites

• im glad somebody decided to tell the truth in here today. I will give you thumbs up just for that. that's why I think the have some ulterior motives when dating these girls it gotta be either sex or money or they're abusing them...i just don't see a guy passing up cute and pretty girls for mudducks

• I am not sure how many questions you are asking here...and any answer I give will get me in trouble...but I am already in trouble this morning...I even have Selfishstars after me...guys will go after the less attractive girls very frequently...some attractive girls have big heads which can ruin their personality..but a lot of times the males are just intimidated and feel more comfortable and confident...(isn't that what all you females say you want? confident) asking choice #2 or even 3 or 4 out instead of choice #1. As far as "fat/less attractive" as you put it...all depends on the male..remember: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. For me, iwould prefer slender/less attractive over fat/more attractive...but I have a lot of friends that don't agree with that..

• That would be true...

• They can't shoot me down if I don't feed their ego, bro.

• Likewise I am sure...

• Show Older
  • well I'd sure date a girl who was less attractive than me if she had a personality to make up for it :) I think loads of guys would.

• I'd really want to be with her. But I wouldn't find her ugly, I'd just not find her perhaps as attractive as a girl I could get, but no matter if she's more amazing. I wouldn't that a girl I found unattractive though.

• would you really want to be with a girl like that or would you just be tolerating her?

• Easier to go for a girl that isn't good looking. The good looking girls know they're good looking and they think beauty gives them some kind of rein to be bitchy, controlling and disgusting in general. I find the quieter ones tend to be nicer or more reserved.

• nice personality wins me over more than looks

• so do guys really like these nicer less attractive girls or are they just putting up with them because they can't take the prettier ones? what I mean is, can a nice personality warm a guy overtime and then he'll see her as pretty or is he just tolerating her?

• beauty to you isn't necessarily beauty to someone else. we are all very different and it is no different when choosing a partner. beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

• I understand what you mean but just because someone is considered universally unattractive it doesn't mean that someone isn't attracted to them. I guess if the guy is 'considered more attractive' then he's the bigger man for not caring what people may think.

• yeah but there are some people who are just universally attractive and some who are universally unattractive...like rosie o'donnell. who thinks she's hot? lol but thx for your input

• I happen to think some big women are gorgeous. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

• HAHAHA

• How many times are you going to ask the same question. I answered you. Yes, I can see that you don't get it. As far as 'all the guys' you know and the sh*t that spews from their mouths, I blame that solely on your selection of guy friends, we aren't all like that.

• so personality is more important than looks?for real?seriously?im sorry I am just being mind f***ed right now because I was SURE that men go crazy over a fine girl. I thought guys hated ugly girls. I hear guys that talk sh*t about ugly girls so I don't get it

• Show Older

What Girls Said 6

• Your a bitch.Why do you think that everybody thinks the same way you do? Obviously if he is dating her he likes the way she looks and her personality.You are so stuck up, I highly doubt that any guy will EVER Date you. Chances are if you ever get in any relationship, you will scare him off with your expectations and you digusting personality."Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder". There also is this thing called a personality and obviously you have never heard of that with your low IQ.

• LOL! heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

• this is one of the best answers!

• Umm because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Obviously the guy likes the way she looks or he wouldn't be with her. Maybe the girls have great personalities too. You just sound like a dumb bitch. There's someone out there for EVERYONE. Just because you think the girl is ugly doesn't mean the guy thinks she is. Your personslity is very ugly so maybe that's why you're not getting the guys...

• OOOO BURN.. nah scratch that... FLARE.

• Because all guys arnt as shallow as people portray.. Maybe you can learn a thing or two from these guys and stop judging base on looks!

• I have seen this and usually the partner you might consider a 10 doesn't really think of themselves in those terms. They also are attracted to a look that you may consider a 4 but they do not.I do believe all initial dating starts with physical attraction, but what each of us considers attractive runs the gamut. I do understand some of what you are saying but, really, most guys want to be with someone they consider attractive even for one night stands or FWB. In those situations they could really care less about your personality or a lot of other things, but they won't be able to sleep with someone they cannot stand seeing naked.Oh, and I disagree that most men want beautiful women. Most men want women they are attracted to. A lot of guys will say that they would sleep with a beautiful woman but would never make her a girlfriend because they either think she would be too high maintenance or that she will eventually move on to another guy that they think could offer her more than they can. Some guys are completely intimidated by "beautiful" women.The whole sugar mama thing, thankfully, most guys just don't want to live off a woman. Yes, some guys would be happy to have a woman support them, but most guys derive their self esteem from their work. They may enjoy having a woman they don't have to support but they won't stick with an unattractive woman for money.

• Yeah, God forbid the "ugly girl" actually has a nice, outgoing personality, and that's why he wants her. Where in the world do you get the idea that she must be doing dirty sexual things with him and giving him money? I mean, seriously? That's a mean thing to think. A guy that's a 10 will have a lot of girls after him, if sex and money were all he cared about he could get them without having to get in a relationship with a girl he's not attracted to. There are plenty of hot girls who engage in slutty behavior, no attachment necessary. He clearly likes the girl or he wouldn't be with her, simple as that. He doesn't see it as "dating down". Men do have brains, they recognize other qualities in a girl that they find attractive. You make it seem like visual creature=basic creature, as if they can't see beyond looks. If that were true, it'd be really sad. Besides, it shouldn't matter to you anyway. Why would you want to date a guy that would be with a girl only for nasty sex and money? His personality would be sh*t.

• Good be done because I will never agree

• @ lucky in response to ALL this talk about 'universal standards of beauty', I'll have you know that I have ALWAYS looked at the women who were presented as 'universally beautiful' and scratched my head. NEVER got it.And since I think that way, it stands to reason that there are other people who also think that way.

• Stop worrying so much about what other people do. It's perfectly okay for a hot guy to be with a girl who's not as good-looking. People disagree on what a 6 is and what a 7 is, and to be honest, the whole scale thing itself is ridiculous. Think as you like, I'm done.

• Show Older
  • never seen that myself just the other way around...i found it interesting and that the guy isn't shallow that's all...

• I wasn't good enough for them so I Actually rejected them...But I do like good looking Guys at least a 7 and to me a 7 just have to have a cute face...I do wish hot Guys liked girls that aren't perfect...Overall Guys are shallow so If you found some that aren't I think its great... Why only Ugly Guys can get pretty girls?

• I see all My girlfriends they are all about 7 to 8 But their bfs are about 5 and under and the reason why is that there aren't many Guys that are above 7 in My opinion and girls don't care that much to looks they Actually prefer to be with a less Good looking guy as they believe there will be less chances they will cheat as they won't Be as tempted as a 8 guy would they feel better...I do think I am about 7/8 never could Be a 9 or 10 But I had Guys that were 9.5 wanting me and I just tought I wasn

• yeah I mean I'm not mad or anything I just don't get iti see pretty girls with ugly guys but 9 times outta 10 she's using him for something. I don't even see it that much