Single people...ever been so lonely you feel desperate?

So I'm 18, single, a virgin, never had a serious boyfriend. It's been about a year now that I've practically been hunting for someone to be with. Does this happen to anyone else?

This question has a poll!

• Yes, I'm pathetically lonely. Vote A
  • No, I'm happy by myself. Waiting for it to happen on its own Vote B
  • Other (explain or don't, whatever) Vote C

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I used to feel this way. In high school it's like nobody would date me. I never dressed to impress, so I can kinda understand why. I was also one of the guys and never the girl in the group that was dateable or popular or anything like that. I actually dated this guy that I kinda had a thing for. I mean, I thought he was kinda funny, but he was a complete nerd. He treated so badly it was unbelievable. I thought he would have felt lucky to have a girl even look at him, but he didn't see it that way at all. I was just there. I know that if he does get another girl they'll never be as good looking as me. I mean, I know I'm not the best looking person, but I'm definitely not ugly. Anyways, after high school tons of guys suddenly wanted to date me and I didn't know what to do with all the attention. This clique mentality that high school makes us experience completely wore off. Now I'm dating a wonderful guy that is totally sexy and I'm the only one he thinks about. (: I'm no longer desperate now that people don't have such a cliquey mind-set.

What Guys Said 5

• yeah but it's worse for guys

• care to explain why it's worse for men?

• Show Older
    • even as a girl being desperate/needy/clingy is not desirable though.

• yeah but it still is much worse for a guy, guys are penalized for it more

• Sometimes. It goes away, when I realize I am financial, mentally, and intellectual better off (as in I can focus on school more).

• Not really only felt like that once after I got rejected from someone I crushed on for a long time but that was for like 3 days at the most I don't dwell on these things they are urgent to me I know they will happen

• Every day.

• Not at all I'm comfortable being alone but I do see the merits of having a female companion.

What Girls Said 7

• yup. And I'm afraid I'm going to rush into the next relationship because of it... been single for 6 months. What's holding me back is I want something serious and I don't want to fall for the wrong guy.

• Oh yeah, this totally happens to me from time to time. I end up getting crushes on totally random people, it's really pathetic and funny at the same time.Don't worry about it though. It's normal to want a relationship. Try doing online dating.

• Online dating is pretty useless way of trying to hook up with someone. :( Tired it loadssss of times. There a complete waste of time. Or have been for me anyway.

• I actually had some luck with finding my boyfriend with online dating sites. We've been together a few months now. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't help someone else.

• Yes I feel lonely...no I don't feel desperate.

• No.

• sometimes yeah. I try so hard it feels like and I always get so close but then nothing ever happens...usually the guy loses interest. I'm just tired of being single and I am ready for something real and long term. I mean I've never had a boyfriend before so I really want this to happen. But I just feel like I'm stuck on the sandbar in the ocean.And then I'm also afraid because I want it so much that once I get it I'm afraid if something happens I will be hurt terribly.I think I need to change my attitude and read up on the benefits of being single. lol.

• I'm not desperate like OMG crazy I do wish I had a bf... I've been single for a year now.. I'm realizing that it's okay if people are single because there's no one to hold you back and with a boyfriend/girlfriend they are always checking what you do and that suck lol well I'm happy alone

• yeah but guys get frowned upon, criticized way more than girls do if they feel desperate needy, or clingy