• Ask
  • myTake

Why do guys never seem to initiate conversation?

So this happens with a lot of guys I talk to. I seem to have to initiate the conversation. However when I do initiate the conversation they do seem... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I figure if someone wants to talk to me, they will. I wouldn't want to annoy someone who doesn't want to talk to me, so I wait for people to message me first. That's just online, though, it's a lot easier to brush someone off in person, so I'm not too worried about that.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys are shy, however, if someone is interested, they will talk to you.I don't know how old you are, but the older you get, the more you use the lack of communication as a sign that they aren't that into you. When you are younger, its more a product of being shy.Its not that all men grow out of being shy, but more that in general they have had more dating experience and feel comfortable initiating more conversations.

• I'm 16, my birthday is later in the year and he has not long turned 17 (we are in the same school year but attend different schools) however, I have never been in a relationship and I don't think he's been in one either

• Yeah I would chalk it up to being shy.