• Ask
  • myTake

Why do guys never seem to initiate conversation?

So this happens with a lot of guys I talk to. I seem to have to initiate the conversation. However when I do initiate the conversation they do seem to talk. For example, I have to initiate conversation with this guy I am kind of being set up. He added me on Facebook, initiated chat then went and added me on msn. However, I have to initiate talking on MSN. Yet, he does appear flirty and friendly and does talk as he did when he initiated contact on Facebook chat.So I am confused as to why guys don't appear to initiate conversation? I just feel like a pest if I have to initiate it all the time :L also, a guy I spoke to said that he's online because he wants to talk but if people don't he assumes they don't want to talk to him...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I figure if someone wants to talk to me, they will. I wouldn't want to annoy someone who doesn't want to talk to me, so I wait for people to message me first. That's just online, though, it's a lot easier to brush someone off in person, so I'm not too worried about that.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys are shy, however, if someone is interested, they will talk to you.I don't know how old you are, but the older you get, the more you use the lack of communication as a sign that they aren't that into you. When you are younger, its more a product of being shy.Its not that all men grow out of being shy, but more that in general they have had more dating experience and feel comfortable initiating more conversations.

• I'm 16, my birthday is later in the year and he has not long turned 17 (we are in the same school year but attend different schools) however, I have never been in a relationship and I don't think he's been in one either

• Yeah I would chalk it up to being shy.