He says that we just don't "click" anymore...

this is coming from my best friend of 7 years. it doesn't make sense to me... we can hang out, talk for hours, do whatever and have fun... but he said we just don't click anymore and that I'm not his best friend anymore. when/how did this happen? is there there anything I can do? it just seemed so sudden and unapparent to me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm going through what you are right now...my best friend now...she is a girl...I'm a guy...usually what happens...is someone starts to like the other person...and it goes down hill...so he is trying to make you go away...without hurting your feelings...it's worse then breaking up with a boyfriend or girlfriend...but it does happen...unless you are willing to get with him...it's pretty much done...or unless you give him space and let some of the emotions die off...and maybe he will come back...but friends come and go...sorry to be so brutual...but being honest...Good Luck

• hm. OK. I should do it. this should be interesting. great..

• That's what I mean by emotional "circle jerk"...I tell you what...just kiss the guy and tell him...I want more then friendship...go for it...if he says no...then at that point...at least you know...and it's time to move on...for your emotions sake :)

• oh. well, the funny thing is, we keep identifying them and then we both decide we don't like each other anymore and then we do it all over again! so what do I do? really just stop being friends all together?

• Show Older

What Guys Said 5

• Another vote for he loves you but realizes you will never have him.I've contemplated doing this with my best friend who is a girl. I love her unquestionally, but its not returned in the slightest, so every day with her is a day in pain.

• ah. yeah, well after what he did to me last summer it'd be pretty hard to take him back right now. I'm already having a hard time being friends with him, part of me just wants to walk away forever. It's not even that I don't love him back... it's just that he and I have done this thing for years where we like each other at different times and then we somehow deem it inconvenient to try to date. my friends say he's really trying to be good to me again though. last summer he pretended to like me

• Yep...exactly where I am at bro...I just told started avoided her...but did doing it gradually...she is getting the hint

• Have you asked him what he means by not clicking anymore? Tell him you really want to know, no matter the answer. Like others have said, it could be unrequited love, and he might just not feel comfortable copping to that.

• I just want my best friend back. that's all. no relationship. not after this. I think that's what he wants too

• Sure, maybe he doesn't know what he wants. Maybe he's afraid of opening up and then at some point being rejected if you two were to get together.Going to school is a good excuse to stop being in contact: you're busy with classes, with various school-related activites, new friends, etc.

• yeah. definitely. it's almost like he wants me to always be around, but he doesn't want to make the comittment to me... I mean, I think he's pained by the idea of me leaving, but I haven't asked. every time I tell him how much he hurt me he says he has to work that much harder. maybe he's lying or doesn't know what he wants? talking face to face is different. he told me we didn't "click" over text message. I leave for school in 3 weeks, I don't really plan to stay in contact unless he talks to me

• Show Older
  • probably because he hinted he likes you and you didn't (want to) pick up on it, and he's always there for you even during the times guys who you date are mean to you and now he doesn't want to deal with it anymore that's why

• strangggee... last summer he pretended to like me when I liked him. I, and most of our friends think, that he's just suppressing his feelings for me. I don't know though. what kind of best friend uses their best friend? however, now he's being suupperr nice to me all the time.

• What 'Clicked' Means Anyway Please Explain

• I guess I should ask him...

• Move on and do NOT come with any form of resistance.

• ah. well, yeah, I could let go very easily ha.

• the more you are prepare to leave, less likely is he to let go ;)

• haha okay... really? leave him forever? any reason?

What Girls Said 2

• Obviously he thought that with enough time and effort he could get his pee pee wet but since he had a realization that he can't, he decided it was not worth the time nor effort to continue to be your friend. Mi prima thinks the same thing. This is why you don't become friends with guys...it's a hard lesson...

• Your life will be better for it, you don't need people like that in your life...Enjoy it while you got it cause you only got one...

• yeah, but he's been my best friend for so long. it seems so strange just to up and leave him, yanno? that's the part that's hard.

• I don't mean to sound like such a puta mija, pero YOU deserve so much BETTER. I see this type of thing happen A LOT. You deserve someone that will treat you like the most important thing in the world, not some vato that plays games for years, lies and all that other BS.

• Show Older
  • My best friend (who is a girl) and I have been best friends for about 6 years, and we've never had a time where we haven't "clicked".So, I guess I'm not much help, lol. I don't know how what he said makes sense, and to me, if you've been best friends for that long... I dunno. One or both of you would have to have changed drastically for you two to suddenly not "click" anymore, if that makes sense.Anyways, I'm sorry this happened.

• yeah, that's a good idea. how strange. :(

• Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me, either. I think if you hang out as you did before and still enjoy spending time together, then you do still "click". So, that's a bit confusing. Maybe you can ask him to clarify because you don't understand exactly what he meant.

• that's alright. that helps anyway. he has changed, but not that much... I feel like I've been there all along to help him through his hard times and then it occurred to me that he hasn't really been there. I think. I mean, I'm not even really sure what he's talking about haha. We can still get together and have a ton of fun together for hours on end... and then he said we don't "click"? That just... doesn't make sense to me.