Why do some women call themselves Goddesses, Princesses and Queens?

I've seen this on Myspace, Facebook and various other social sites where the girl will call herself "GoddessCathy" or "Princess-Lil-Keyonda" or "QueenSandra".

You don't see guys doing this, you don't ever see screen names like "God-Kevin" you know. Okay, okay, you might see a few "Prince-Somethings" here and there but you rarely see "God" or "Master".

I mean even on this site, coughing*..LondonPrincess..coughing*..

Coughing*...excuse me, sorry, winter seasons coming up so..

Not really scoffing at this, I'm just wondering if anyone had any theories on this. If you think about it, adding God before a male name just sounds weird, but seeing Goddess and Princess before a female name is kinda commonplace nowadays and doesn't seem as weird. Why is that? And is it an ego thing? Or is it just like a "trend"...kinda like how Guidos fist pump at nightclubs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think guys are a bit more sly about their screen names than girls lol. Instead of "God-______" some would use Zeus, spartans (I think that trend is over) or whatever. Basically, I think guys do it too lol. It's just not as flamboyant as Princess____ or Godess_____.

• oh and my favorite... instead of spelling master correctly, it's "masta"

• See, now you're just making everyone jealous.

• I'm greater than Little Wayne and not ugly like him either

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 11

• Egotistical trash talk! people do it all the time

• Personally, I chose to add 'Queen' to my username because I adore reading/writing fantasy and historical novels and because I needed to add something, fairly memorable, to my name to make it unique. Also, what girl doesn't want to be treated like a goddess/princess/queen at least once in their life? And I do know a guy who likes to use 'emperor' in their username, and a few who add things like 'isthebest' or 'isawesome' to the end of their names.

• to seem confident,really they're either hiding their low self-esteem or just have massive egos

• Eh, I've seen plenty of guys use "King". A few masters, too, but they are mostly either guys into BDSM, or Jedi knights.

• ^My username means empress so I'm one of those women you're talking about. Why did I choose that? Because it represents me well.

• thumbs up

• I am Emperor GuyAdviceFromGuy and you are my concubine imperatriz

• You can't be emperor unless I name you emperor!

More from Girls
6

What Guys Said 5

• Because they're completely f***ing daft. Goddess that is. I don't have a problem with Princess or Queen, it's more mundane and down to earth. Try not to take it too seriously at any rate.

• people juswant to be aded like GODS... that's all, and since nobody is going to give them that title, they will just call them themselves that... it's stupid but it's used to impress people...

• "Guido fist pump!" Hahahaha! That's precious!

I am not racist! One of my beast friend is a guido! Am I digging my own grave here?

Seriously, I am a Canadian and I am not even white so the guido thing is irrelevant for me. But still, it was funny...

I do see the trend that you are pointing out. In my limited wisdom I think it is the result of the so called princess syndrome.

• Massive, overinflated egos, I guess.

• This will probably be deleted lol. be forewarned.