Why do girls cross their arms when they take their shirts off?

The left hand grabs the lower right side, the right hand grabs the lower left side and then they pull the shirts off over their heads. When I and most guys take ours off, we typically grab the collar and pull over our heads and take it off that way. Is crossing your arms an easier method for removing certain types of women's clothing? Or do their boobs get in the way and the cross-arm method is easier?

I have tried the cross-arm method before myself and it feels awkward, that's why I asked, lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... 3 basic reasons why I do it...

#1 When the shirt is stretchy and you try to pull from the bottom front without crossing your arms, the shirt will catch on your chest if you've got a lot up top.

#2 Pulling your shirt from the back will allow the collar to brush up against the back of your head, thereby messing up your hair if it is quite long (i.e. past your shoulders)

#3 Turning your shirt inside out, which happens to occur when crossing your arms and pulling your top off in the front, is the best way to wash delicate clothing. Tops with beads or lace on the front should be protected from brushing up against other items in the washer, allowing it to last longer. Also, if you keep the shirt inside out in the dryer, the outside of the shirt won't be touching the hot metal drum, which is hotter than the air in the dryer. This saves the color from fading prematurely.