Why are women so needy and clingy?

Its a simple question, so feel free to debate it and don't be afraid to ask me any questions in relation to this.

I'm in my mid thirties and she is in her early 40's. I have to leave the country for a new job. This morning on the phone she demanded that I don't go, saying that I don't love her or care about her if I go. She has been getting more needy and clingy over the past few weeks. Will be seeing her on Tuesday next, and breaking up with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you made the right decision. I wouldn't put up with that from a boyfriend, and I don't expect someone to put up with that from me. I think we all have moments where we have a needy or clingy thought, but the difference between that and being a needy, clingy person is that people who are stronger than that can rationalize and dismiss those thoughts before acting on them like a complete ninny.