Why can't he look me in the eye?

There is a guy that flirts with me and another girl. They joke around and goof off whereas he likes to tease me. PLEASE give me some insight. Why is it that he is all chummy with her and can look at her and talk with her but he can't look at me. I've tried to get his attention to look at me. He'll do it for 2 seconds then look away. I'll even tease saying WHY can't you. He just gets silent and CAN'T. CAN ONLY look at me from the side when I sit down next to him. Yet with her, he has no problem. I even joked that I must have to lower my shirt to get him to look. He smiled and nodded jokingly (still looking from the corner of his eye) I started to do so (don't worry, we're both very much so adults) and he looked (from the corner of his eye) but the second that it showed too much, he QUICKLY turned his head and looked away. I know it was probably stupid to do and we were both drinking but I was SO frustrated. To flat out call him out on it and he STILL couldn't. Got embarrassed and shy! WHY?!?!?!?!? If I mean nothing to him, and she means more, wouldn't it be easy to look at me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• This guy sounds like a coward. If he flirts with you but can't look you in the eye at all, he's just scared. Eye contact for some men is extremely terrifying. Either that, or he's just not interested in you and is trying to blow you off, bit you're saying he flirts with you and gets shy when around you, seems like he just can't man up.

• He definitely flirts and jokes around. I have even tried just sitting there w/o saying a word& watch him from the corner of MY eyes and I'll find that he'll look at me a few times. Even up and down as I sit there. (sometimes you guys aren't exactly discreet!) & then he'll break the silence. He's never mean or anything. In fact when I was trying to get him 2look at me, he only did for about 2 seconds and then looked away. He smiled and then INSISTED on side glancing.if I meant nothinghecouldlook!

• Show Older
    • Unfortunately, this other girl plays a roll too. The second that I stand for myself, she feeds him lies. It was only recently that he got all sensitive with me saying that he's not a jerk, that he's a nice guy (he's very shy and insecure). I told him that deep down, he is a nice guy, just make sure ge act like it! The girl is all drama and he puts up w it. I only hope him happiness. Sometimes it's not just girls that settle for d-bags...

• Oh I know, guy's will settle for women just because of their looks, no matter how bad she treats him. Girls don't even have to look pretty sometimes. As long as you have boobs and a vagina, some guys will do anything for you, its sad. Sounds like both of these people don't need to be in your life though, too much drama and bullsh*t if you ask me...

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!