Why do women get excited/aroused when we men lose our temper?

i always have noticed this. every time I get angry at someone till the point I wanna kick that person's ass chicks who are around always get turned and always end up approaching me with full interest. like today was a good example; at work(I work at a little convenience store in a bad neighborhood) I caught a guy stealing and I switch to rage mode and confronted his ass, he tried to deny he was stealing but I was positive all the way that he was stealing as I saw him with my own eyes trying to put a can of soda in his jacket on the download. him denying it made me more angry that I grappled him and I was shouting "if your not stealing! then why you are hesitating to show was in your pocket?". then I ended up causing a scene as all the customers where watching. then he decided to admit he was trying to steal the can of soda, and this outraged me a lot more and he jetted out the store as I through a glass bottle at his ass. after that, all the customers that where chicks were excited towards me like I was a celebrity or something. why? why do women get turned when we men act a fool like this?

another time was also at work when I lost my temper with my ex over the phone. I was talking reckless and shouting out curses. at that moment, the hottest chick in the block was in the store(all the guys in the neighborhood were dying for her) and I was always invisible to her but this time as I was spitting fire she was drooling at me. she even walked up to me smiling as this was happening, 3 days later she came in flirting with me and all.

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as he is NOT yelling at me...yes,i think its super attractive.It just shows that he is not a cuckhold or a jelly backed man as my mum used to say.It shows that he can stand up for himself.There is nothing more unattractive then a guy who allows someone else to run over them.

I once had a crush on a bartender at a club I frequent.One night,he got into an incident with a customer.The customer slapped him and the next thing I knew,the bartender had wiped the votive candles off the bar,hot wax flying everywhere DARING him to hit again...because he was going to kick the sh*te out of the dude. Now,im not into violence,but the fact that he was relentless and aggressive in the situation automatically upped his attractiveness.So much so that I asked him out a couple of weeks later.I KID YOU NOT.

Also,somewhere within me,i would be feel that if we were dating (hypothetically) and someone decided to cross some serious lines...he would be able to protect me. Truthfully,i can take care of myself,but its nice to know a guy has the ability to step in and set somebody straight.Scrumptious.

• so it has to do with being a alpha male after all

• reminds me of the ending in that King Kong sequel that came out in 1986

• Exactly. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they think you'd make a good lap dog.

barbarossaaaa explains it perfectly - link

• the damn true!

• Beware the female manipulator, friend. Be vigilant.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 48

• Yh I'd think you were a psycho and leave the shop, that isn't the way to handle shoplifting. On the 2nd I'd think you were a psycho and once again leave the shop lol

I have read a few comments on here and I think girls have it messed up, there is nothing fierce or exciting about someone who looses their cool and acts so unprofessionaly.

Smashing a bottle after a guy leaving? ding ding ding

Screaming curse words over the phone at a girlfriend no one can hear her side or know the full picture... ding ding ding

Those females took you anger for power.. which it isnt. Power is sticking up for yourself and showing dominance without having to raise a finger, use a curse word or raise your voice.

• ding ding ding ding ding

• I said and I quote "I'd think you were a psycho" had I been there and witnessed it, not that you ARE a psycho.

• amen to this! :p

• Protectiveness is something I adore on guys. But there's a difference between handling a situation and losing your temper. For example, when my guy friend found out that our friend's boyfriend was just a creep who wanted her virginity, he got this stern, angry look on his face and quietly said "He's not touching her." He's very much a pacifist, so he didn't do much, but it was enough.

On the other hand, my last boyfriend was very protective but he was out of control. It never really happened with me, but he told me about one time a gas station clerk made fun of his ex for being petite, and he went ballistic and started yelling at the clerk to come out from behind the counter and "face him like a man."

So, I guess, the way I feel is that it's very nice to know when a guy's got my back, but threatening violence at the slightest provocation is too much.

• Guys with a temper are sexy I always attract guys that have a bad temper lol. Plus I kind of like to see what happens when a guy gets angry it says a lot about his character. I think there are a lot of girls like me that are tired of guys having a lot of talk and no action or being around wusses. It's just macho...until it's directed towards you.

• Because guys don't show their emotions as much so him blowing up is him showing some emotion and B, its kinda sexy to see an angry guy all strong and tough, I feel like he could protect me if need be and he could also handle me in bed sorta thing

• I prefer gentle, sweet guys.

My fiance is the complete opposite.

He has a very short temper and likes fighting things out.

I get tired of seeing him bloody and watching him get hurt/hurt others.

It scares me.

I am not the kind of girl to jump in on the fight or be like: "Yeah baby, kick his ass!"

Before it escalates I try to stop him or tell him to walk away.

But when he's fighting there is nothing I can do except cringe.

I hate violence especially when it involves someone I care about.

Why am I with him, then?

I like it rough in bed- I enjoy being man handled. n_n

• So you're with him for the sex only?

• Of course not. He has plenty of other good points about him besides his anger issues.

• Nice guys finish last! ^^

More from Girls
43

What Guys Said 21

• i notice more women being turned off by a guy who can't control his emotions...it just means he's still in the habit of behaving like a child...

• You're making a real assumption there, dude.

They don't get aroused, they get disgusted.

• well, sounds typical to a person who was never there to witness it

• When you let your anger out like that, it shows your potential as a good catch in a primal sense that maybe our consumerist, bourgeois culture has lost interest in and maybe forgotten. Sometimes gilts like this so much, at such an imbalance and to the neglect of all other things, that they don't mind being hit themselves.

• "Sometimes gilts like this so much, at such an imbalance and to the neglect of all other things, that they don't mind being hit themselves"

Oh god that was so beautifully snuck in at the end. Bravo to you, sir. +1

• Then next time I see an attractive woman I'm going to punch the nearest guy right in the face and see what happens. I'll update with results...

• irrespective of what women like, being unable to control your emotions is hardly a virtue (though I appreciate violence is sometimes necessary). If women want this link then fine, leave them to it. Thankfully in my experience many women genuinely don't like it.

• (remove the comma in the link)

More from Guys
16