Why do ugly women reject attractive guys at clubs?

Im a pretty attractive guy, I'm not some hot guy, but I'm definitely not average looking or ugly. Every once in a while I get asked if I do modeling or get suggested that I should for example.

I go clubbing, and I have been rejected by ugly women. It blows my mind. why do ugly women reject a guy who is above average? In fact, why are they rejecting any guy who isn't digusting for that matter? These are women who have no options because theyre fat and/or ugly, so I would expect them to be "taking what they can get".

These women are alone the whole night getting hit on by no one (Im the exception that would give them a chance), so I would think that would get them to figure out that theyre undesirable and need to settle for anything that comes along. And if someone a guy is above average, that is a catch of a lifetime for them, but they still turn their nose up.

Can anyone explain this for me please. This is some unbelievably irrational behavior right here.

*Even though the title is talking about attractive guys getting rejected, theyre also rejecting average looking guys. This too is mind blowing. they should be accepting any guy who isn't disgusting.

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl in question vastly overrates her own attractiveness. Also, in an environment where there are a lot of less-attractive or overweight girls, she might still have another chance with other guys who are willing to hit on her. Some girls like being flirted with strictly for an ego boost, not because they are genuinely interested. Pull out if you reach one of these girls and move on. She wasn't worth your time anyways.

• so far the best answer. Your answer seems to make sense and is plausible. Ironic how a man answers this question better than the women. lol the women keep throwing out answers(the same dumb answer) that don't make sense and leave the question unanswered. I was really expecting the an insightful answer to come from the mind of a woman since its the women who are doing the rejecting...guess not.

• The girls that responded may or may not use guys for emotional boosts. Some girls may genuinely not find you attractive, even if most do. Lastly, some girls may already have a boyfriend and as such, aren't interested in anyone, including you. Most girls are at least a bit solipsistic in nature, which makes it harder for them to relate to your position.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 21

• Probably because they know you think they're ugly and unattractive so they don't want to be bothered with a guy who they know will just use them and treat them like trash.

• I completely agree with BlackCatAnon's answer, so I only have one question to ask... If you are exceptionally good looking, then why are you approaching these women in the first place?

You say you're the "exception" and that you actually give these women a chance. But then you turn around here and talk about how ugly/undesirable/ and (or) fat they are... Last time I checked, a person who talks about "those" types of women isn't "giving them a chance", more like they're assuming that because these women are apparently ugly on the outside, they must then be obliged to accept and/or hook up with any hot stud who approaches them. That's called looking for what you think is going to be an easy f*ck.

• Ignoring the common stance of personality, types and character versus looks and so on– what makes you think the girl is fishing for someone anyway? Why does a girl, any girl, in a club automatically have to be there to hook up? Some people want to get lost in a crowd, meet friends their own age (note: friends), enjoy a social atmosphere whether or not participation occurs, or just forget about life outside of the background music and the drink in their hand.

And why on earth would you think another human being must 'settle' for anything they don't want? If I gave you a dead animal and said, "You won't find better fur anywhere," your first reaction likely won't be, "Oh goodness, you're right! I should take it home and clean it now..." Likely I'd get a strange look, perhaps some negative stilted conversation, and the interaction would end, with you sans dead animal.

There is absolutely nothing irrational about anyone turning down sexual advances that are unwanted, no matter the reason or circumstance. I may dare to venture and say, irrationality is your inability to accept that it can occur.

Simple answer to your question: "Because she really doesn't want anything to do with him" or, "She's not there to get picked up."

• great analogy :)

• Your analogy is flawed. Not even close. The relevant characteristic of a dead animal to your analogy is that no one wants it. Not the case with me, my advances have been accepted by many and I've noticed that I'm far more likely to be accepted by attractive women than ugly women. Look, if it were the case that I'm just a delusional unattractive guy, wouldn't I be getting rejected by the hotties as much as the uglies if not more? I'm seeking insight into the ugly woman's mind on here for a reason.

• And your simple answers fail to explain the observation that ugly women have a higher chance of rejecting me than attractive women. And one of your explanations is in fact a circular one. You're trying to say the reason the ugly girl wants nothing to do with me(ie. reject me) is "because she really doesn't want anything to do with me". Cute, but try again babe.

• Why are you hitting on an ugly woman, buddy? If she's not attractive to you then dont. Also, she probably is rejecting you because she knows you think she's ugly or because she's just not attracted to you... how attractive we are does not determine or guide who we find attractive. Hence why many beautiful girls are with average joes.

• Its because they are bitter and they think that you're just using them.

Think about the other hot girls that tool ugly guys at clubs. They dance with them and play around with them on the dance floor because they are "safe".

They are all over him sexually, playing with his body and giggling. And the poor guy thinks she likes him.

Then he asks for the number and they freak out and leave.

Its the same sort of thing. They think the guy is being a sleazeball and they don't believe he is being genuine.

And sometimes its just because they are bitter and want to get back at men in general, it has nothing to do with you personally. It has everything to do with all the men that's treated her badly before you came walking up.

The solution is to be genuine with her, and make it to where she understands that you're just looking to have fun and not turn it into something more.

Or you can always just move on and talk to someone else. There are plenty of other women you can talk to.

I think uglier women have problems because hotter women get treated better, they see it and they hate it.

So when you talk to hotter women they are going to have better personalities "in general" than most uglier women.

But when you meet a hotter woman with a bad personality, its much worse than any uglier woman with a bad personality.

• a good answer. It makes sense. definitely the best female answer so far..I find it strange how attractive women seem to be more likely to accept me than the uglies. My reasoning has always been that the more attractive a woman is, the pickier she will be due to having more options. reality doesn't seem to mirror this reasoning...

• For a few guys, yes, I think they'll stick around with the hot girl. But if they were capable of landing one hot girl, they can generally land another one, often with a better personality. I've done it first hand before, and seen other guys do it as well. Only lazy guys will stick around with a hot girl who is a pain in the rear. Excellent points otherwise, and I agree on those.

• "But if they were capable of landing one hot girl, they can generally land another one, often with a better personality"

I agree., but the ratio of ugly women getting dumped is greater than the number of hot women getting dumped.

thats what my point was

More from Girls
16

What Guys Said 9

• what works with 8s, 9s, and 10s doesn't always work with 4s and 5s, and that goes for men AND women. some unattractive people think that attempts to pick them up are just a cruel joke. you have to be friendlier with them and make a connection before hitting on them.

• Because you don't know how to talk to them? I'm guessing it's your personality. If you think you can just approach them at the end of the night after all the other prospects have failed and be like here I am I'm better then you then you're probably doing something wrong. =P

• and yet the women who didn't reject me were hot. Your explanation fails and my question still stands.

• Well obviously you are doing something wrong in their book. Different girls look different things. What you're offering works for some and not for others. Those are the breaks.

• since now a days clubs are places ran by women... even ugly chicks feel some type arrogance while they are in there

• This is pretty funny. it's obvious. You aren't Brad Pitt or Chris Hemsworth.

• Its funny and obvious that you are no Einstein or Newton. It's also obvious you suffer from reading comprehension problems too.

• Here's my theory. And anyone that knows me, well they know my theories always prove to be 100% true.

Here's what you said about yourself...I'm a pretty attractive guy, I'm not some hot guy, but I'm definitely not average looking or ugly.

Well there's your problem then. These ugly girls are looking for the real hot guys, and apparently you just aren't hot enough. Even you yourself say so. Don't you think these ugly girls can pick up on the fact that you're not hot enough? Obviously since you're trying to pick up on them, this implies to them that some of the prettier ladies are obviously not interested in you, otherwise you would have one of them all over you. So why would these ugly girls want to give you the time of day, when obviously no other girl is giving you the time of day? Clearly they just don't think you're hot enough, just like the rest of the ladies in the club feel the same way about you obviously.

• And yet the attractive women are accepting me. Obviously if it was the case that I'm "just not hot enough", I could have figured that out myself. But the observation is that ugly chicks are regecting me and yet the more attractive ones are accepting me. Don't you think that's strange? Oh and my case is one of those times when your theories fail to be true. I bet your theory didn't predict the part about attractive women accepting me now did it? idiot.

More from Guys
4