Am I an overbearing girlfriend?

the one thing I've been terrified of since my boyfriend and I started dating is me being the overbearing girlfriend. The kind that makes he and his friends say "omg she keeps you on a tight leash" or "My God your girlfriend is too needy". I have never said no to him when he goes to hang out with... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl you gotta stop being paranoid! I know we see it in movies and TV a lot, guys will talk amongst themselves about how they "disapprove" of a dude's girlfriend because she won't let him go to a strip club or something haha, but that doesn't mean your boyfriend and his friends are like that! I've personally noticed that, in reality, many guys don't judge their friends' girlfriends, they just don't care that much about it.

It also depends on whether or not your boyfriend is respectful of you or not. Say you make plans with him, and his friends want him to bail to hang out with them. Is he going to say, "Nah I have plans with my girlfriend" or "I can't, the old ball and chain wants me to hang out with her tonight'? :P You know how your boyfriend is, he's probably not a douchebag.

Besides all that, it doesn't sound like you're being controlling anyway. Hold him to his promises, respect him when he makes the same promises to his friends, and all will be well.