Do stomach exercises make a fat belly hard? or does it help it flatten out?

If I do a lot of stomach exercises, would that make my belly harder or will it make it flat? I do not have a flat stomach now, but I want one. I... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not a gym instructor nor am I qualified to advise, but I have been workingout / gymming since February / March this year (after 20 years) and I got a pot belly to now look flat outside my clothes but flab still exists. What I'm stating is out of experience and advise given by my instructors (and I think they are correct)

The abs exercises help in strengthening the abdominal muscles. What makes one lose fat is more of the cardio of which 20 minutes of rigorous regime is good enough once or twice a week or one can resort to either Spartacus workout or something similar that works out the whole body symmetrically.

Maybe these will help

link

link

Exercising every body part is as important since they are all interconnected. No good if one wants to do one part and ignore the rest that they can afford to for a while if they are at an advanced stage

Diet YES is an integral and most important part of any regime.

Asker upvoted
    • I do 20 min everyday on stair master link on level 5 ... it's very slow paced at this level, but it makes me sweat and tired very quickly. Would that help? Or should I be doing it for longer or higher level? Also would a tread mill work better or is this one fine? This one gives me a hell of a work out! but I don't know if it's actually helping I've only done one week so far.

• Show Older
    • Wow, I didn't think so since the stair master makes me very tired and sweat faster than the elliptical.

• Check with an instructor too :)