Do stomach exercises make a fat belly hard? or does it help it flatten out?

If I do a lot of stomach exercises, would that make my belly harder or will it make it flat? I do not have a flat stomach now, but I want one. I don't want to end up looking like a pregnant woman when I'm not. I'm wondering if I do a lot of stomach exercises, will that make my belly hard? as it is now? without flattening out? Or do I first have to do a lot of cardio to burn off the fat? Also does anyone know of a good daily diet I can follow? I already know what stuff is bad and what I should not eat, but it's hard for me to eat right, I want to follow a strict diet that's already planned out for me. Thnx!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I am not a gym instructor nor am I qualified to advise, but I have been workingout / gymming since February / March this year (after 20 years) and I got a pot belly to now look flat outside my clothes but flab still exists. What I'm stating is out of experience and advise given by my instructors (and I think they are correct)The abs exercises help in strengthening the abdominal muscles. What makes one lose fat is more of the cardio of which 20 minutes of rigorous regime is good enough once or twice a week or one can resort to either Spartacus workout or something similar that works out the whole body symmetrically.Maybe these will help link link Exercising every body part is as important since they are all interconnected. No good if one wants to do one part and ignore the rest that they can afford to for a while if they are at an advanced stage Diet YES is an integral and most important part of any regime.

• I do 20 min everyday on stair master link on level 5 ... it's very slow paced at this level, but it makes me sweat and tired very quickly. Would that help? Or should I be doing it for longer or higher level? Also would a tread mill work better or is this one fine? This one gives me a hell of a work out! but I don't know if it's actually helping I've only done one week so far.

• Show Older
    • Wow, I didn't think so since the stair master makes me very tired and sweat faster than the elliptical.

• Check with an instructor too :)

What Guys Said 4

• If you have fat on your stomach, you need to lose the fat.If you want to flatten your internal organs etc out, you need to do transverse abdominal work.

• you mean when you raise your lower body instead of folding your upper body?

• No. That's jus hitting lower abs. Try. link

• exercises will burn away fat, assuming you aren't eating more than you exercise off. Gradually that will shrink a belly. Do in long enough, combined with abdominal exercises, you can obtain a hard belly.

• But if my stomach is not flat now, it's kind of big, but not sagging, will too may stomach exercises make my already big stomach hard? I don't want that. I want it to de-inflate lol ?

• maybe, if your abs muscle grow from exercise, they will push the fat against your skin.

• Best way to get good abs would be to do both cardio and stomach exercise. Try arobic exercises like tai bo it helps burn fat and tone. Watch out with too many sit ups and crunches though they can as you say just make your belly hard. But a good mix between the cardio and work out give great results.

• You need to do cardio and eat right. You won't lose any fat with stomach exercises. You will make your abs stronger but they will still be covered by a layer of fat.

• How much cardio?

What Girls Said 2

• cardio and toning exercises.cardio drops fat and exercises tone do you won't be sloppy

• The main way of losing stomach fat is through diet. Stomach exercises will build muscle, but that muscle won't be seen unless you combine them with diet.Basically, eat things in moderation and cut your portion sizes. Make most of your plate veggies, then whole grains, fruits, and lastly, meat. Get the majority of your protein from non meat sources.Cut out candy and junk food, especially soda and other caloric beverages.