• Ask
  • myTake

Am I being ungrateful?

So basically I just finished high school and I have just gone through a wind-whirl of emotions that have got me thinking. I'm about to start a rant,... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You're being very typical. Not especially bad or evil or ungrateful.Your high school experiences and how your opinions fluctuated, are very very typical.Same for recognising that you've taken things your Mother did for you, for granted. And wanting to improve that. And finding it difficult. It's all very text book. What you don't know, yet, is that you'll probably go through it with your own daughter. And your mother probably went through it with her mother.Something else you don't know, is that even if you do have an utterly thankless child, as a parent you can't help but love them anyway.In other words, you may argue with her, and pull back from time to time, but never doubt that your mother loves you completely even if she can't necessarily show you the affection that you'd like.

• So there isn't anything particular I can do? Do I just have to ride out the journey of adolescence? Will I eventually be able to be close to my mum like my older sister is?

• Yes, you ride out adolescence. We all had to.The good news for both of you, is that you're trying the make the effort to improve things, befor you even finished your teenage years.Yes, I have no doubt you'll be as close to your mum as your older sister is. It will just take a little time.

• Thank you

What's Your Opinion?

Add your opinion...

0/2000

What Guys Said 3

• To be grateful is a prayer. The more you are grateful the more you will be given to be grateful for. You can say it, but the power is not in the words it is in the feeling. Be grateful, feel grateful and your entire universe will change. Thank you sister she is on to something strong and a force.Good luck,

• Do something everyday for your mom, where you don't necesarrily have to interact with her (unless you want to to try and strengthen the relationship). Something small like cooking a meal (is that small?) or vacuuming or something. It doesn't even have to be everyday, just frequently enough for her to notice and infrequently enough for you not to lose your mind doing it. The guy ahead of me is right. You're just going through adolescents, it sucks, but you recognised it which is more than most people do.

• Thank you so much for your comment, I'll be sure to help my mum more. :)

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What They Said On Facebook