My boyfriend does not want to meet my parents, why?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. I have already met all of his family, but 3 days ago when I asked him to meet mine he said it would be awkward because he and my brother do not like each other. The reason my brother does not like him is because in the past my boyfriend cheated on me, 3 years later we decided to give things a try again. My brother sent him an email telling him he did not want him talking to me. Since then my boyfriend does not like my brother, in one occasion I tried bringing them together by placing them in the same party. That was a mistake since my boyfriend told my brother that he was still waiting for an apology for the email he sent him, my brother refused and said he did not owe him anything, and they were about to get in a physical fight. My brother says he does not have a problem with my boyfriend, but my boyfriend demands an apology from my brother for the email. I broke up with my boyfriend because he did not want to meet my parents and come around my family. He has not even tried talking to me or anything, why is he acting this way? Did I make the right choice?

Most Helpful Guy

• you need to talk to your brother and your boyfriend. Tell your Boyfriend your brother doesn't need to apologize for doing what a brother is supposed to do. Tell your brother that although this guy cheated on you, you want him to give him a chance.

All that said, your boyfriend needs to man up. He made a mistake in the past and now he thinks that since you forgave him all is well. He needs to establish a relationship and trust with your family not vice versa. He needs to put himself in the uncomfortable position of your family. It is the only way things will only get better between him and the fam.

• I did, he still refuses because he thinks it will be awkward. He has not spoken or attempted to since I broke up with him. I am guessing he did not really care for me as much as I thought he did :(

• relationships often require either person to put themselves in positions that are awkward or slightly uncomfortable. Add to that infidelity and it compounds that awkwardness. If he's not will to make the effort then he probably isn't worth it.