What's the best way to boost self-esteem?

How can I learn to love myself more and be more confident?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Look at yourself in the mirror and find features that you like about yourself. Features that you're glad to have and really like them.Write out all your positive traits or traits that you consider to be your strengths as well as your achievements. There might be a time when you've done something you thought you never could do.Write out a list of your flaws or what you consider to be your flaws. Reconsider them and think whether they're actually valid/true and if they are, learn to accept them.Exercise - not only will you look better but you'll feel better about yourself (For me it's an easy way to forget about my problems and only focus on what I'm doing at the time) and you'll give off a better energy.Find some small things that you were always afraid of doing and try tackling them one by 1. Preferably starting with the smallest.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, think about it. How did all the confident people around you get confident? Were they somehow born with the confidence gene? Don't be ridiculous. When you were a baby, were you really self-conscious? Don't think so. At some point in your life, you read magazines, listened to criticism from people, etc and you formed certain beliefs that are holding you back. You need positive beliefs. People mistakenly believe that one I get a certain haircut, a certain paycheck, a certain car, THEN I'll be confident. That's wishful thinking and patent nonsense. A loser with money is still a loser. First do the things you're scared of. Then you get the courage. People think incorrectly. They think you need confidence first to do things. You just need to go out and do it like how actors just do it on stage.

• Succeed at something significant. My confidence increases when I have the best work of anyone in my class. When I work really hard and achieve the results I want, my confidence rises. That wan I can look back at my accomplishes with pride and say, "wow I can't believe I did that."

• Be active, go to the gym, study, read books, do a lot of self development... and don't spend too much time online, it's only going to bring you down more.

• By simply Believing in YOURSELF :)

• I'd hit the gym and work out. Endorphin release is a big help to self-esteem. Then you can dress and feel sexy. Also spread out your interests in things to be more well-rounded. Good luck!

• There are a lot of self-help books out there that can help you with these dilemma."Ten Days to Self-Esteem" is an excellent one.

• Agree with both answers, exercise will naturally boost 'feel good' endorphins and self esteem books are good for fresh perspective. Also eastern philosophy (buddhism) is a different way to view yourself which could help. And volunteering! Studies have found helping others will make you feel better about yourself and raise your self esteem

What Girls Said 2

• Practice. Especially if you have an expertise skills that other don't have. :)

• Lose weight and go jeans shopping. It is AWESOME!