Why are single mothers so vindictive?

Why are single mothers so hungry for revenge? I got one of my cousin that is a single mother, she always comes to my mother for support of any kind. My mother doesn't mind because she gets to use her car (the single mothers') when in need. But she always brings her child along, which when she was still a baby I had an argument with her about not wanting to be the Dad substitute (emotionally speaking). Now the girl has gotten older, 10 years old , and she struggles at school. What the mother did, I guess no proof of that is that she took my tooth brush and sank it in the toilet. I always sniff my tooth brush and touch the head just to be sure it's dry. 98% of the time it is, unless I brushed my teeth before going to sleep, which I didn't. This morning, the day after she came in, I smelled my tooth brush it had a weird acidic smell I tossed it in the trash and took a new one, always keep a spare. Even today she keep looking at me like it's my fault that she doesn't find a man, that It's my fault she has to raise her daughter on her own.Thoughts? on single mother in general would you help them raise their (mistake) child with them?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• My mom was a single mother with the exception of the couple relationships. The next best thing to having a dad was having a grandfather. My family is amazing and my moms cousins or my 2nd cousins were also a huge part of my life. It takes a village to raise a child , my family is the village.My mom did everything for me but love and support didn't just stop there... It continues with family. I will tell you right now I wasn't a mistake child. Referring a child as a mistake is not OK. It's no wonder she gives you the look of death.

What Girls Said 3

• because its a hard job and people can be insensitive to mothers, they can feel attacked, alone, while mom's with husband have a partnership , are supportive and someone has their back. Single mom's are alone in the world out for the wolves to get them...

• My cousin split with his girlfriend and was left raisong their child on his own and yes I do help out if he needs it. They're my family.

• Why are single mothers so vindictive?Likely the same reason 'nice guys', dorks/nerds/geeks/, etc are so vindictive. That reason being most people desire a partner and when they're unsuccessful or regarded as undesirable they respond with anger and lashing out at others even considering it others fault they can't get what they want.

What Guys Said 1

• LIfe is so hard for most single mothers; its financially difficult, and most guys won't go near them because they don't want the responsibility and problems that come with father substitute status.So naturally she got mad when you attacked her on that very issue...Why have that arugment? Just keepyour distance from her. You don't need to tell her directly not to look at you as a substitue father. That's is asking for a fight, or Or, for a dirty toothbrush. Who knows what else she's done to you that you didn't detect?

• You could have been a little more diplomatic wen you turned down taking her of the kid...and she's only asked yu the one time..?

• tooth brush attack was yesterday lol.

• the argument happened 5 years ago. 8 months ago she asked me to nanny her child, which I replied "find a Nanny I'm busy today".