Does anybody on GAGs have postpartum depression?

Little did I know that PPD also happens not just to mothers that just have babies but to those who had miscarriage as well. I had miscarriage about 8... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• PPD specifically is triggered by hormones. It begins a chemical problem, then as time goes on, it feeds into itself and starts to snowball into emotional problems.

It's been 8 years, so your hormones and everything have likely gone back to normal. But it wouldn't hurt to check. Unlike regular depression, when PPD is caught early, it can be treated almost completely with medication -- and not indefinitely. Just until the body stabilizes.

You'll likely need a combination of medication and counseling. I recommend seeking out a psychologist. NOT a psychiatrist. If the psychologist thinks you'd benefit from medication, they'll say so and refer you to a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists like to dish out meds without trying counseling first.

• true dat. Thank you.