Why am I still single?

I'm a senior in high school, and I haven't had a boyfriend since freshmen year(he only dated me just to have a girl,only lasted a week, and I haven't... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• In order to answer this question, let me reflect a little of my own life. I am currently 21 years old, I didn't get into my first relationship until I was 20 and was never kissed until I was 20. A lot of my friends in high school had girlfriends but I didn't, so I can relate to what you are saying. Sometimes a person doesn't have their first relationship until later like I did.

From what I have read you are trying to get into a relationship with someone without really knowing who this guy is. You ask guys to dance with you, but how well do they really know you? Most guys (as I have found with most women) will not just jump into a relationship with someone they don't know. The best thing for you to do is to stop focusing on trying to get a boyfriend and just get more guys that are friends, hang out and do stuff with them. If you and one of your new guy friends develop mutual feelings for each other then you can move on from there.

Your friends may have boyfriends, but how long will many of those last? The best relationships are the ones that bring out the best in a person :)