Why am I still single?

I'm a senior in high school, and I haven't had a boyfriend since freshmen year(he only dated me just to have a girl,only lasted a week, and I haven't been kissed). Anyways, guys do not talk to me nor do they even try to show some interest, I get called pretty/beautiful by many people including my friends/family/peers and adults, but yet guys don't even look my way, I didn't even get asked to homecoming all high school or prom junior year, but I still went and no guys danced with me. I even took a step and tried approaching guys but they turn me down, so I don't try anymore. I am a varsity/all-star cheerleader for my school and outside school, so its not like I am not overweight or shy, I am pretty easy going and I have some friends, I do not dress or act sleazy and I don't dress uptight or careless either (I got a secret Valentine's day gift delivered to my class during class on Valentine's day but I don't even know who it's from and the person hasn't even come up to me still, so it's just a waste not knowing). I don't know what else to do so I turned to asking here... I had a few self esteem drops because of guys not liking me but I have an good self esteem now. It just devastates me cause I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm average height at 5'5 and I have a toned/slender body cause of cheerleading and working out,and I have dark brown hair not long but its in the upper middle of my back and I do care to look nice and pretty. I even stopped caring about getting a boyfriend but guys still didn't flock to me when I didn't care. Prom is only a month away and I don't even have a date yet. All my friends have dates and I just really don't know what to do anymore..I'm not even picky but I have a preference just like everyone else does. I think it's nice to have someone there besides your family to tell you your pretty and you can depend on him and it seems cute having a boyfriend. NO guys approach me and I have only 2 guy friends so its not like I'm surrounded by guys...at this point I would be happy if any guy even looks my way...Please do not tell me that I don't need one or that nothing is wrong cause it won't help. Can you please give me an idea of why I am single or why guys don't even give me the time of day? I don't know what else to do at this point...

BTW: I do not want to post a picture cause I really don't want anyone I know to know I am even asking this and thinking I am weird or desperate...but please please give me your ideas on why I may be single or unlucky

Most Helpful Guy

• In order to answer this question, let me reflect a little of my own life. I am currently 21 years old, I didn't get into my first relationship until I was 20 and was never kissed until I was 20. A lot of my friends in high school had girlfriends but I didn't, so I can relate to what you are saying. Sometimes a person doesn't have their first relationship until later like I did.

From what I have read you are trying to get into a relationship with someone without really knowing who this guy is. You ask guys to dance with you, but how well do they really know you? Most guys (as I have found with most women) will not just jump into a relationship with someone they don't know. The best thing for you to do is to stop focusing on trying to get a boyfriend and just get more guys that are friends, hang out and do stuff with them. If you and one of your new guy friends develop mutual feelings for each other then you can move on from there.

Your friends may have boyfriends, but how long will many of those last? The best relationships are the ones that bring out the best in a person :)