Why am I still single?

I'm a senior in high school, and I haven't had a boyfriend since freshmen year(he only dated me just to have a girl,only lasted a week, and I haven't been kissed). Anyways, guys do not talk to me nor do they even try to show some interest, I get called pretty/beautiful by many people including my friends/family/peers and adults, but yet guys don't even look my way, I didn't even get asked to homecoming all high school or prom junior year, but I still went and no guys danced with me. I even took a step and tried approaching guys but they turn me down, so I don't try anymore. I am a varsity/all-star cheerleader for my school and outside school, so its not like I am not overweight or shy, I am pretty easy going and I have some friends, I do not dress or act sleazy and I don't dress uptight or careless either (I got a secret Valentine's day gift delivered to my class during class on Valentine's day but I don't even know who it's from and the person hasn't even come up to me still, so it's just a waste not knowing). I don't know what else to do so I turned to asking here... I had a few self esteem drops because of guys not liking me but I have an good self esteem now. It just devastates me cause I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm average height at 5'5 and I have a toned/slender body cause of cheerleading and working out,and I have dark brown hair not long but its in the upper middle of my back and I do care to look nice and pretty. I even stopped caring about getting a boyfriend but guys still didn't flock to me when I didn't care. Prom is only a month away and I don't even have a date yet. All my friends have dates and I just really don't know what to do anymore..I'm not even picky but I have a preference just like everyone else does. I think it's nice to have someone there besides your family to tell you your pretty and you can depend on him and it seems cute having a boyfriend. NO guys approach me and I have only 2 guy friends so its not like I'm surrounded by guys...at this point I would be happy if any guy even looks my way...Please do not tell me that I don't need one or that nothing is wrong cause it won't help. Can you please give me an idea of why I am single or why guys don't even give me the time of day? I don't know what else to do at this point...

BTW: I do not want to post a picture cause I really don't want anyone I know to know I am even asking this and thinking I am weird or desperate...but please please give me your ideas on why I may be single or unlucky

Most Helpful Guy

• In order to answer this question, let me reflect a little of my own life. I am currently 21 years old, I didn't get into my first relationship until I was 20 and was never kissed until I was 20. A lot of my friends in high school had girlfriends but I didn't, so I can relate to what you are saying. Sometimes a person doesn't have their first relationship until later like I did.

From what I have read you are trying to get into a relationship with someone without really knowing who this guy is. You ask guys to dance with you, but how well do they really know you? Most guys (as I have found with most women) will not just jump into a relationship with someone they don't know. The best thing for you to do is to stop focusing on trying to get a boyfriend and just get more guys that are friends, hang out and do stuff with them. If you and one of your new guy friends develop mutual feelings for each other then you can move on from there.

Your friends may have boyfriends, but how long will many of those last? The best relationships are the ones that bring out the best in a person :)

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 10

• (Age:Under 18)

Time to panic? I don't think so. link

Well, I didn't date much before I was 19.

• Get some guy friends. You won't date them but other guys (their friends) will become interested in you.

• Pick one you like and tell him you like him.

• oh my god my life isn't perfect is high school that means it'll be awful forever if you haven't had sex and a relationship by junior year of high school your life is over I should just go die somewhere because there's no point in living if I don't have a boyfriend in senior year of high school.

i hope you got the sarcasm.

• it's high school...

• Its hard to tell without being able to look at you. Maybe they are intimidated by your looks. There could be a guy that's fallen in love with you and is to scared to ask you out, that he's begged every guy to keep away from you. You could have a scary looking dad. If you are keen you can send me a message to my profile regaurding your pic. I don't think I will know you or any of your friends and I will respect your privacy.

• Intimidated by looks... or by a reputation of being too 'prudish', too 'serious', too keen to marry. We can't know.

More from Guys
5

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know. Do you go to a small high school? Maybe the people that go to your school just are not good matches for you. You shouldn't take it personally, there are certain people that are meant to date because they're personality match up like puzzle pieces. If their is no one that matches you it isn't your fault. I didn't really date in high school either. You could try looking in other grades or at guys outside your clique. If you want my honest opinion it might be a blessing in disguise that you don't have a boyfriend, boys are very time consuming, stressful and often pressure girls for sex before they are ready. Take this time of your life to enjoy the friendships that you have and time spent with family and hobbies, and everything thing else knowing you are free from being in a relationship. Having strong feelings for some one can be a burden and a distraction because it can take up a lot of you time and energy.

• College will have plenty of guys