• Ask
  • myTake

Have you ever been too late in going out with someone because another person beat you to them?

I have. it sucks, I guess I just have to act sooner or something.How many times has it happened and how do you react?

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes.Long story short, there was a girl that if you were with a bunch of guys & her name was mentioned each guy no matter what age would say "oh man she's hot" I had a chance & didn't take it because "she's hot" One Valentines day I ran into her, said happy Valentine's day & said I didn't even get a card or a paycheck. She said she didn't get a card but got a paycheck. I wanted to send her a card & flowers but I figured she was too hot for me. I saw her many times in between but about a year later I noticed she had an engagement ring on her finger. I said congrats "he's a luck guy, wish it was me" She replied "you never asked me out"I think I just stood there. I don't remember anything else but her smiling & walking away.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure. I suspect it happened with one guy, who I seemed to be getting close to. We exchanged lots of texts, he said he wanted to take it slow and eventually be my boyfriend, and hung out a few times. Then, he fell off the face of the earth after making excuses not to hang out, then came back with a text a few months later. I suspect he found someone else, then came crawling back to me when it didn't work out. No sir, I don't want to be your second choice.

• lol I've never had this happened but if I thought me and him were a better fit id tell him lol

• lol uuuhhh

What Guys Said 2

• This happened a lot in high school and in college. It seemed like I was always getting 'outbid' by older guys with jobs and cars and money to spend on girls.This didn't seem fair, so I stopped formal dating totally, and I've never regretted it!

• so what do you do now?

• I met women working together, or in lectures or common interest clubs.. I met fascinating women traveling, iocluding the Venezuelan I'm married to!