Why do people say you have to let the girl find you, let her come to you, that you should stop looking for one?

Also, when people say other phrases or quotes like "You just have to let it happen naturally" "Good things come to those who wait" "If you want a... Show More

Or am I not interpreting those quotes, advice, and phrases the right way? do I have the wrong viewpoint of it? Well I am 21 and I have never had a girlfriend, always been single, still a virgin, I am not single by choice though.
I really would like to have a girlfriend right now, I wish I could have one as soon as possible, because I don't want to still be single when I am 30 or 40. But I don't if I am looking too hard, being desperate, or just not enough?
How do I know if I am obsessed, thinking about it too much, desperate, looking and trying too hard? Which obviously turns girls off, how do I know if I am that way? If I am, how can I undo it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't overanalyze things, I for one pick men who are easy-going... and you are right some of those sayings are really outdated! When I was reading those I was thinking about the 1940's where a boy asks a girl to split a Coke and talk to the soda jerk.

This is the main part that people get wrong: dating follows a law of "don't ask, don't get." If you don't ask a girl out, you won't get her to date you. Dating is risk taking, I hate to say it shy fellas, but it really is. Take it from me, I ask men out a lot because I realize that you should never let a good thing slip through your fingers.

Get out there and ask some hot chicks out!

• So seriously you have taken the initiative before?

• Show Older
    • Its easy, after you have been talking to her for a while and she looks interested just flip open your cell phone and say "Hey I'm ready to get out of here, we can keep this conversation going later, whats's your number." You don't seem clingy or despirate, and you literally told her that you liked sitting with her.

• A girl asking a guy for his number has never happend to me and probably never will, obviously because you girls expect and want the guy to initiate everything in the beginning. Also why are girls that have boyfriends already, more receptive and more talkative in conversations, like when I approach one and talk to them, they engage me in the conversation, they reciprocate, I hate it because it makes me think they are interested in me, eventhough they will not break up with their boyfriend for me.