• Ask
  • myTake

129,000,000 people will lose their healthcare under the Affordable Care Act?

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period." "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan, period". -Barack... Show More

Thank you all for your answers. Sleep well.

Most Helpful Opinion

• Obama's a big liar and it looks like people are finally noticing.

• It's pathological.

What Girls Said 6

• "in a 49 state analysis of the country"So... which state got ignored?

• I don't know, but they only analyzed 49 of the 50 states for whatever reason. If it were all 50, it wouldn't matter. Plus you're Canadian so it doesn't affect you.

• Show Older
    • link Again, what does it matter which ONE state wasn't included?

• Well, I'm sure the people who live in that state feel slighted. It is like they are being singled out.. And maybe in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.. but it did pique my curiosity...

• Obama and his pals are nothing but a bunch of socialists, even if they have to lie and lie BIG, they will, as long as they can advance their agenda. Not a fan.

• You took a HUGE step backward in NYC with the election of Bill de Blasio, because he is a true ultra progressive.

• Cannot help how the rest of the people vote here, not my choice, LOL.

• ugh I am so tired of all this.. I am 21 about to have no healthcare (my dad is retiring) and I have no clue what to do... I make very little money so I should quality for something?

• I am sure you'll qualify for one of the 4 big plans, but be ready to open your wallet.

• If you make under 40 grand, you'll at least qualify for some degree of subsidy. If you're under about 135% of the poverty line, you should be covered completely.

• under about 135% of the poverty line?

• I will lose my health insurance because the plan won't be legal under new regulations but I will qualify for better insurance--meaning a lower deductible and premium--under the ACA. Thanks, Obama.

• Better insurance? Lower deductible? Lower premium? I'd read what you were offered again. There are very few states which will actually see a reduction in costs, and overall there is a 41% increase in individual costs. My point is that originally the president said everyone could keep their plan. Then 3.5 million lost it almost immediately. Then it was predicted that 96 million total would lose it because of revisions, and now it's up to 129 million. It's all a big lie. You are the 1% who save.

• Show Older
    • LOL @ Harvard. I don't believe I insulted you anywhere in my responses, but you sure threw some insults at me. That's what you liberals do when you're backed into a corner and have documented information thrown at you. Since you can't accept that you're wrong, you all belittle the correct party in order to make yourself feel better. Being someone with a "Harvard" education and being 33 years old, you should be able to have reasonable discussions.

• LOL at you! I am 33 and I graduated from Harvard 10 years ago with a degree in art history. If you find that implausible, that speaks to your ignorance. I haven't been "wrong" about anything and if I weren't initially interested in having a "reasonable discussion" I wouldn't have responded to your post. I checked out when you insulted my intelligence first ("Am I speaking too fast? You're clearly under educated." ) Sounds like an insult to me and more bullsh*t from you. Get over yourself, troll.

• I'm a student, and was not eligible to be on my parents healthcare. I work at a job that charges $100/paycheck for high deductible insurance (10,000 deductible). This has left me uninsured for the past two years. Under Obamacare, I will have affordable health insurance. I will be able to go to the doctor when I'm sick. There are pros and cons to both sides. Obamacare is certainly not perfect in any aspect, but there are some people who are in fact benefiting from it.

• I can't help but feel like you've double-posted here. You need to research the plans available to you and what your cost out of pocket will be. Also depending on what state you're in, if it's a "red state" you will pay higher premiums as a result of voters not supporting the president and his plan. It's Chicago politics at it's finest and every day that passes more and more lies about the program are coming to light. I think in the end, the program will collapse as a whole due to financials.

What Guys Said 6

• The end result is single payer. This was the plan all along. It's simple. Obama's supporters are suckers and I really question their intelligence level.

• Last time I checked, the jackass in the White House had a popularity of around 47%... that was three weeks ago that I checked. The fact that Obamacare is causing this much trouble for millions of Americans is most likely to absolutely devastate his approval rating among the American people.Knowing the kind of person Obama is, I knew he was making up a huge pile of bullsh*t when he made those asinine claims he promised the people. I knew all of this would happen, as well as many of my family and friends knew this stuff would happen under Obamacare.That man in the White House is a filthy liar, as well as his friends like Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Biden (a complete tool, by the way). I will never believe anything they say when they try to make claims. We all know they're lying at the end of the day.

• 39% approval rate! He's a narcissist. It's amateur hour in the White House, and it shows.

• Show Older
    • They can't handle the truth! It's like A Few Good Men!

• YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH :P

• Oh, don't criticize the chosen messiah, if you disagree with something he said, evidently you're either a racist or an idiot who cannot understand his greatness. The messiah cannot lie or be mistaken, comrade! Truth simply has yet to change to accommodate his truth!

• I was pissed when that clown was elected once, and then when he was elected again, I knew we were all screwed, we had a chance to get out of all this crap if you liberals would have woken up and not voted for the guy who thinks he is cool, as opposed to the guy Romney would get this county back on track. Obama is horrible president he doesn't care about America he cares about himself, forcing us to get this crap healthcare, and trying to ban guns, sinking our wonderful country into further debt, more and more job losses, and wiping his ass with our constitution. Just wait guys everything is going to go up in price, and so will your healthcare premiums. I hope they Impeach him, but then we get Bidden, really he's even worse. Why do you think we had a shut down, why do you think that one senator spoke for hours and hours trying to get this damn thing to fail, they all knew we were screwed, yet the liberal media and rich off their ass celebrities criticized and spun the truth, and here we are SCREWED!

• I completely agree with you. If you look at the ins and outs of this plan it is a terrible plan. The idea is a wonderful thing to have everyone covered with healthcare but the cost to the national debt and the tax penalties are going to make people realize several years from now how horrible this whole thing has been. I think that he has done some good things and I have praised him when he has done good stuff and I say something when something isn't working. Once everyone fully understands this then it will certainly get repealed. Wait until you get an almost 1000 dollar penalty on your taxes after the first few years of the plan.

• They need 7 million people to be enrolled by March for it to work, and they are so far off the mark now with the website being down. This is going to be the epic collapse of the United States. His approval rating is currently at 39% and falling. All I can pray for is an impeachment.

• This sh*t ain't personal . People already despised him because he's of African descent And Conover also said that people COULD not WOULD lose their insurance . No plan is perfect. Your buddy Bush 43 was a coke head a drunk , cheated to get elected, lied about weapons of mass destruction etc. You can also thank the republicans for Obamacare. He got the idea from a republican named Mitt Romney. link

• Sorry I stopped reading immediately after you threw race into this.

• Show Older
    • Well, at least I have the courage to post with my username, coward. You show your typical Leftist cowardice on this thread, as well as what Liberals typically do: disgusting name-calling.What disgusts me most about the leadership we have is that people literally WORSHIP this guy in the White House. He's no god; he's a Socialist scum with terrible ideas of leadership!How about you evolve from middle school insults? You sound like a 13 year old with the way you insult, anonymous.

• LOL.