Girlfriend smokes weed behind my back.

So, I've been dating my girlfriend for approx. 2 years now. Before we met, she went through some "dark days" (her words, not mine). She would smoke weed everyday but eventually quit after her grandmothers intervention. When we met she would only smoke cigarettes, but has quit since. Recently she's been giving me little hints now and then that she wants to smoke weed again. I have to admit I'm not a fan of weed, although I have nothing against people who do. I am a police officer in training, and I have made the personal choice to never do drugs. Recently I have caught her smoking weed behind my back. (she accidentally texted me instead of one of her friends). She knows that I don't care for the drug, and that I don't like it when she did smoke. What makes it worse is that she is trying to hide it from me. She knows how I feel on the issue, obviously because she is hiding it from me. I'm afraid she will fall back into her old habits of smoking it daily. I know this sounds... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't sound harsh at all. I would tell her straight out that you are aware that she is smoking again and that you are not going to be around if this is what she chooses to do. Not only that but it's against the law and it puts you in a bad position with your job. Don't feel bad about what you are saying because it's completely legitimate.