A Day In The Life Of An Under 18 GAGer

So it's obvious a lot of people have mixed reactions about GAGers under the age of eighteen. On the one hand some over eighteen GAGers are okay with it and very accepting. While on the other hand many disapprove the thought of GAG being open to anyone under eighteen. Well being an under eighteen GAGer myself I can see where this mixed reaction came from. So I decided to make a myTake on the subject. Here's A Day In The Life Of An Under 18 GAGer.

A Day In The Life Of An Under 18 GAGer

If you're an under eighteen GAGer like me there may be times when you feel like you don't belong in GAG, or that people don't take your opinions seriously because of your age. It's obvious that GAG was more targeted towards adults, and therefore we sometimes feel left out just because we're younger than eighteen.

There are honestly some under eighteen GAGers who aren't responsible enough for GAG, which is probably where most of the discussion started about the GAG age limit.

Many think that the GAG age limit should be raised to sixteen or even eighteen. As of right now the minimum age limit is at thirteen. So is that an acceptable age for someone to start GAG?

I like to think maybe? For example- there are a lot of questions I had when I first started this site about things sex ed class didn't exactly cover, and this site did a good job at explaining things like that to me. And it kind of filled the curiosity I had. Not to mention there are plenty of other things I needed insight to about my personal life that GAG really helped me with. I have really gained a lot of knowledge from this site.

But what do we bring to GAG? Possibly a lot!

Many people older than us might be interested in knowing things about what this generation is like in contrast to what it was like when they were growing up. Those questions are basically built for someone under eighteen.

We bring advice too, of course. Sometimes kids can be just as helpful as adults can be. It's just that at times people don't take us as seriously. But if we were to simply find a way to be born earlier in time they might give us a bigger chance.

As an under eighteen GAGer I'd much rather be judged by the content and advice I bring to this site rather than how old I am.

I know that this isn't for everyone over eighteen, but there are quite a few who aren't fond of the idea of an under eighteen GAGer. And if you're unsupportive of under eighteen GAGers I understand, but I ask you to just give us a chance to show you what we can bring to this site.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 20

• Awesome take.
    I agree, I never even look at the age I only look at the content. I was quite surprised at times to see the quality of some answers written by people who are under 18. Sometimes the younger generation is far more experienced and knows more than the more conservative older generation.

• "Sometimes kids can be just as helpful as adults can be." _ I agree totally about this

• Excellent take just shows what under 18 can bring to the table. I feel that age is no barrier to participation on this site in fact each age group has its fair share of idiots.

• I think there are just two or three underage gagers I really dislike due to their immaturity. One is always getting into arguments and then blocking those who disagree with her, and the other one thinks she's over the rest while she's just pure ignorant.
    The rest underage gagers I actually like, some even show more signs of maturity than the older ones.
    I will always respect the opinion of an underage person, but I'll give it more or less value depending on what the topic is about.

• so nice :P

its time!

• It's all about how and what you write. You write very well and I doubt anyone would take you less serious because of your age. Many others under eighteen does not. I almost throw up every time I see one of those "I <3 4 U like omg totally whatever" posts. That needs to die, today.. And don't RANDOMLY use CAPS. Also use PERIODS and COMMAS, put them anywhere!

• look at all those friends, they look really happy and not at all forcing it.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1387543-why-do-you-hate-on-the-under-18-gagers-so-much Great take + kinda the same thing I said on that question of mine if I remember right ^_^ i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• depends. i don't like kids, but like teens. p

• Holy crap it's a real life talking pikachu :O
    I love you pikachu and I will always choose you.

• I like to think that Gagers under 18 have stinky teen smell, sticky fingers, loud and eat cheesy puffs all day.

• Look here's the deal. I don't mind the underage users coming here to ask questions and learn. What pisses me off though is when they reply to my opinions talking down to me like they could possibly know more than me about anything. When I was in Kindergarten I had an IQ of 160, could read and do algebra, had already read two entire sets of encyclopedias. When I was a teenager I was boxing and beating up entire gangs and living life to the fullest. I've been around drugs, prostitution, fighting, gays, lesbians, politicians, worked in the television industry, done anthropology work for museums, done graphic design work and drawn cartoons for big recording studios, met celebrities and interacted with them on a personal level, become certified to teach a martial art, etc.

Now honestly, do you think any of the smartphone addict 14-15 year olds on this site have had the time or experience to learn near as much as I have? I highly doubt it, I mean it's possible, but they'd have to have an IQ of 300 and work for the CIA or something to even be able to compete with me, I've actually had the CIA try to recruit me. But soon as I say something like, "People aren't born gay." or "There is geological evidence to support the great flood in the Bible." I got these bicurious 15 year old girls talking down to me like they are some kind of science professor and I'm just a dumbass. What pisses me off is I know they have zero life experience or education besides their government funded liberal indoctrination and playing around on the internet which is a cesspool of liberal propaganda.

• After all, its all about maturity.

• So that how my gag life would had been like

• I get the feeling this myTake was inspired by this :p

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11419-under-18-doesn-t-mean-dumbass
    By the way when you said "There are honestly some under eighteen GAGers who aren't responsible enough for GAG, which is probably where most of the discussion started about the GAG age limit."
    I actually see more over 18 GAGers asking dumb questions and giving dumb advice than over 18 ones. Like this a question I saw yesterday about a girl 18-24 asking if anal sex was still considered cheating. Anyway good take.

• More over 18s giving dumb advice and opinions than under 18s*

• Oh haha yeah it was partially inspired by that ;) and what I kind of meant by some under eighteen GAGers aren't responsible enough is those ones who post pictures of themselves naked and crap 😝 but yeah I get what you're saying. And thanks!

• Pikachu liked this take
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...4f31-8c3e-7db932adbea1.gif

I'm interested in the opinions of under 18 users. They tell us and give us an idea of how our future generation will be. A lot of smart people lie in (generally) over 35 and (most of the) 25-35 category. The real problem is my age group 18-24. I need to take their opinions seriously because this group is the one I interact with the most in my life and they are in majority even on this site. But unfortunately, they are only legally and physically adult but mentally, they still act like kids. But the situation is not that bad as my words sound :D
    I've seen a lot of ingenious under 18 users here. Yes, they lack 'experience' for sure but intelligence is an integration of a lot of things.
    The only thing I dislike about under 18 (& some 18-24) is that they are VERY aggressive and bold. They tend to take bad decisions sometimes. But not everyone is like that :)

I #Support under 18 users. I wish I had some experience of using this site as under 18, that's why I am a bit jealous of you right now :D

I want to give an advice to under 18 users that if you want to be happy and anyone tries to harass or criticise you, be the one like that :-
    27.media.tumblr.com/...m1mo1wzFiu1qbubzqo1_400.gif

• Blah blah blah. Spending only 4 months as someone 18, I can generally say this shit doesn't apply to me. I have never once been looked down on when I joined this site 2 years ago. Hahahahahahahahaha!

• In the US (and probably in most places), things haven't changed that much since the late 1950s for bourgeois adolescents. There is nothing inherently special about adolescents simply for being adolescents, and there never has been. The culture of being a "teenager" was invented in the 1950s. Before that, adolescents were just seen as young adults. There is nothing unprecedented about adolescent angst, dating drama, flirting or any other adolescent issue you can think of. The same things were happening to adolescents in the 1950s, in varying degrees. The point is that the mentalities were essentially the same then as they are now. So I don't really need insight from teenagers to understand them. All I have to do is observe events and put what I know of mentality in context.

So basically, I would agree that it might help some young people to get insight from older people (for whatever it's worth), but I don't really see the reverse happening. And if it does happen, it's on an individual basis unrelated to the person's age. This is the only website I visit where people's ages (or at least the ages they write in) are shown. Most of the internet is completely age-agnostic, and in discussion sites people stand or fall by the substance of their commentary, not their age. I have no problem with things being that way.

• I like this take. Good job 👍. It's actually true, people take opinions of gadgets under 18 very lightly because they think they are just a kid so they don't know anything! They should not do this.

• Age is just a number, some under 18 people are very wise, I have seen people here who are 14, 15 or 16 and they are very smart and have really good views and opinions. I have also seen people who are 30+ and they are fucking idiots.

To all of you under 18 GaGers, enjoy your time here and always feel free to give your opinions.

That was a very nice myTake :)

What Girls Said 16

• I agree, age doesn't matter at all! I've actually seen some way more mature comments and opinions from 13 and 14-year-olds on this site than the 30 and 40-year-olds!
    Not always, but sometimes...
    We're a different generation, so we bring a different viewpoint, that's surely a positive right?

• Actually the age limit was once 16 and above.
    GAG changed it to 13 and over.
    I never heard about age complaints on this site until then.
    Some of the users are pretty much still in middle school and are trying to tackle complex adult issues.
    Sure, some teens are mature.
    But what I find is some sound rather rehearsed and will say something that sounds correct/socially acceptable.
    Although the answer is still good, something that some of the underage lack is quality in their answers because of this. When someone has actual experiences that they have been through they tend to advise better than someone saying something that is generally correct.
    Experiences help give you better insight and mold your decisions accordingly.
    Since typically younger people don't have this their advice can only go so far.
    This is my view---of course there are exceptions! (Those who have been through a lot).
    I have no problem listening to the underage and respecting their opinions.
    Also, even though 20s- 30s (mid-early) is a huge age gap compared to you , but those ages are still young enough to relate to the younger generation.
    Time flies so fast and it only seemed like yesterday we were teens so we vividly remember. We are aware of all of the trends taking place.
    An age gap doesn't mean you are oblivious.
    But anyway good take !
    No one should treat you differently because of your age.

• I like this take. I've never been the type to judge people by their age on here. I have met many quite intelligent under 18 users and many over 18 users who weren't very bright or were just plain rude. I haven't had any issues with the under 18 user base here. Hopefully you can still enjoy the site and just ignore the people who act that way towards you.

• I love this take :)

I hate it when people (not just gag) in general ignore our opinions just because we're so called "underage". Like seriously? I've seen people over the age of 30 (both on here and in real life) and is still being idiotic, and I've also seen teens around my age that are wiser than most people their age.

• i am against judging by age and am open to learning new things from people of all ages

• I'm surprised it's set at 13. Why not 12. The idea, I thought, was to give guidance to youngsters with limited life experiences. Also as one comment said, to understand more about how youngsters feel about their lives and their futures.

• I agree with this take - people should be judged on the content they bring, not the age next to their username.

Having said that, when an under 18 person says something dumb to me, I will call them out just like I would any other person and hope that their ignorance is down to their lack of life experience rather than their actual level of intelligence

• I hate it when some 30 years old guy tells me I'm immature😅 It's all about "sex", "how do I look" and "does he like me" questions anyway

• Good take! :)

• If gag was to close to underage gagers I'll just create a fake profile over 18.

• Couldn't have said it better myself :)

• Maturity is key in online communities.

You get under 18s that contribute good things, then you get those other ones that can't spell for shit and act like babies.

• Nice take :)

I don't really look at age when it comes to responses honestly, if the advice is good then who cares lol

• The over 18 people on this website need to realize that they don't own this website. This website was made for everyone over the age of 13 and only the creators can change that.

Like fuck off, you can't tell us to get off of here. You don't own this website! You don't make the fucking rules, so get out of my fucking face!

Lol

• Yeah, who cares about your age? You'd be a ridiculous twat either way.

• there's plenty of smart 14 yr olds on here. Wish I knew decent ones when I was that age.

• Well said. I agree. I made a myTake on this subject a long time ago but I feel it was ignored majorly. No opinions and it was never promoted and I still have people beating on me for being so young. I realize a take has nothing to do with the disrespect but I've been here long enough that surely the ones criticizing me would see that I'm more mature than they think.

Hey, adults, I have enough sense in my head to be some wise old owl that works at a library to whom everyone goes for advice. Those aren't even my words--they came from my brother's wife's grandpa. Those words go for plenty of other teens while there are still teens that are dumber than a post! Save the generalizations for the other bigots of the world cuz we don't want to hear it.

And also, we can't help it that we're young. We don't control the year of our birth. We don't control our physical age. Physical age has VERY little to do with maturity, anyway. So I suggest picking up a lick of sense before degrading the younglings of the world.