For many years on GaG we have been unable to delete our questions, for no apparent reason whatsoever. I could hypothetically see many scenarios where I would like a question I have deleted, or at least edited, but no scenarios in which I would want us not to have that freedom. Many have requested this fundemental right, but to no avail, the dictators or GaG have supressed, and silenced the views of many! THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEDOOOOOM!!! BROTHERS, COMRADES, AND SISTERS ALIKE(you too otherkin) WE MUST RISE, IT IS OUR TIME! TIME FOR REVOLUTION! When dictatorship becomes a fact, revolution becomes a right, and revolution is no apple that falls when it is ripe comrades, no, revolution sparks when YOU take action. So I encourage you all to fight the good fight. You deserve better, hell YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SINCE BIRTH TO HAVE BETTER! TAKE UP ARMS WITH THE HASHTAG #letusdelete AND FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!

Let. Us. Delete. #letusdelete

8

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 3

• I mean you can make them anonymous but I think you should be able to delete them, I don't see the harm.

• Gag says that you should think before posting, so that you don't end up posting something stupid.

If you do post something stupid anyway, you always have the option to make your questions and opinions anonymous.

Gag doesn't want to delete because someone else might find your question helpful. It bumps up site views and activity.

• Lol I agree we should able to delete questions

What Guys Said 8

• Just take a second and write better questions.

• I'll rather have an edit option, delete is nice but an edit option is better.

• I disagree. We should think about what we post before we post it. Not to mention we have anonymous button if we feel ashamed of our post. Then, in case we feel anonymous wasn't enough, we have a disavow button which we can use. That will make it so it deletes the question from our profile and we don't get any more notifications for it.
    If it was a bad post, the popularity will die in like a week or so at most anyway. Then people will hardly ever see the question again. This right is not fundamental by any means. Not even the big answer-question based website -- Yahoo Answers has a "delete your question" button.

If we added this "feature," I'm sure people would find a way to abuse it. Like what happens to all the people who put their effort in the opinions? They're just screwed over? I would be absolutely pissed off if I was in the middle of writing an answer for just a normal question, and the OP got cold feet and deleted the question before I could submit. Now I just waisted my time writing a response to help them. Not cool.

A better solition is for the OP just to think before they ask.

• And what if I post a something that I want in the question, but not after the question has received feedback? Don't participate in the site at all? Seem counter I tuitive to the website's intent.

• @Armory29 So you want to add something, like an extra detail in the question? Make an update. They have an update feature. People clarify stuff all the time in it-- that's what the feature is for. It basically is making a comment box for your question.

If you have an opinion that needs changing, make an update via a comment. Put "edit: [insert what you want to clarify]... or you can put " *[insert spelling mistake]" if you make a spelling mistake.

People do it all the time on here.

• What? The problem is the inability to remove things once added. How does the ability to append stuff fix that? I'm aware of the feature.

• All in favor say ayee!!

Ayee mate. #letusdelete

• They'll be forgotten after a few days. Why else do you think people ask the same friggin' questions time and time again?

• #Letusdelete
    If they let us delete questions wouldn't there be more room on the servers or something? And then we would able to post 5 questions a day again? o. o

• I'd feel better if I knew how they keep our data secure. You don't know what's stored where. Deleting questions doesn't necessarily save us.

• This dude agrees.