Girlsaskguys is not a dating website

When I use to be a long term active member on here before I deleted my old account, I would see some guys ask questions about profile pictures of female users.Girlsaskguys is not a dating website

Some guys accused girls of having a fake profile picture. One male gag user made a valid point that it can be deceiving if a girl uses a picture of someone on her gag profile who is not well known and doesn't let a person know its not her when the guy ask.

However.. This is not a dating website. I'm not saying that only men do this on girlsaskguys because there are women on here who will have a picture and message men online too and harass them.

I have heard horror stories from women on this website of some male users harassing them after they were rejected and I have seen on this website questions some men ask who are looking for a girl.

Yes I know that some people on this website know each other and I do know that a few met each other on here, but this website is used to give and get advice while earning points and redeeming them for cool items in the process.

This is a very unique website and that it seems more connected to the users. It's good that some users take advantage of the features but some go to too far if they get rejected.

If you want to go to a dating website go to an actually dating website.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 19

• Well... time to deactivate... wrong website...

• Agree you...
      But my question to @Asker is what if someone falls for each other on this site 😶?

• true, the purpose is not for dating.

• I am not really on here for dating, but it would be a bonus. It's not likely going to happen though. I am usually on here, because I just like to help other people so there is my answer for the topic here. :).

• In theory this site could aid in dating

• Regarding fake pictures, they can be a misleading if a question has a cultural angle to it. You can look at a person's picture and know their ethnicity and location and make some general assumptions, or suggestions.

If the picture says things about a person that aren't true, they're going to get bad advice based on their own lies.

Maybe GAG shouldn't have profile pictures? What benefit are they vs the problem with not having pictures? Or maybe we can just choose from a pool of default pictures.

• yea gag is not a dating site but if you want to make friends he /she should at least have a real profile pic or show it if they trusted the person they talking too

i had a problem with a profile here she was putting a pic of a girl pretending that she is her but after i showed her that she is fake she deactivated her profile

• Well she was wrong for that

• yes but the problem was she kept on denying lol until i showed her (or him) the proof

• http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/msty.gif
    I have no idea why people try so hard to make this until a dating website. It's pathetic sometimes.

• It's not about what this website was made to do.

It's about what this website can do.

• I know that. I never said people can't meet on here. My take is addressing those users who can't take no for an answer obviously

• Most of the guys here are losers in real life, so they seek some solitude here by hitting on female GaGers, because they don't have the balls to approach women or are super creepy when they approach women... I found most people here (including girls) to be remarkably dumb so I don't even heed their advise...

• horror stories? seriously?

• i don´t see why you shouldn´t date a person you really like. doesn´t matter where you met them.
    i think you´re right that this site shouldn´t be used with the intend of dating but it´s not even suitable for that because most people on here don´t live within reach of each other.

i like to see what a person i talk to looks like even if i´m not going to date the person...

also you got those creeps on every kind of site not just here.

• Harassing someone for pics is not acceptable And if someone is mad because they think a girl and a guy is pretending to be don't one else they should block them
      Which is the beauty of this website

• Faking an identity is not ok either but it doesn't help the situation by getting mad because the person got emotionally attached without ever even meeting the girl in Person

• yeah but i wasn´t implying that, was i? xD

• True just like how dating sites aren't for friends or attention but people do that anyway.

• Besides as big as this site is, user wise, I couldn't imagine anyone finding someone close enough to them anyway.

• a) Even if it were explicitly a dating website, harassment would not be cool.

b) Social media websites like GAG are what their users make them. There is only so much power a site owner has over how people choose to use the site, and that is how it should be, and part of the reason why some sites succeed - because they grow with their users. Hence some users using the site for dating makes it, in effect, partially a dating site, whether that was/is the original/stated intention or not.

• Yes users are free to use gag any way they want. My intention was to tell people who harass others that it's not ok to use the site's features to stalk someone which is what my title and my last sentence was referring to, pretty much those users who can't take no for an answer

• Harassing someone over not liking you back even though you're a total stranger is moronic.

• I support you. I wanna say something regarding this topic but whenever I open my mouth, I get so many downvotes and people say that I am ranting and jealous :(

• Let me first say that I use this site to give advice and receive it as well as debate on issues. I have made online friends on here, but very few. I have exchanged nudes some too. I don't really harass anyone sexually on here.

In fact I've been harassed on here by females mostly. I can tell you stories of things some females have said or done on here. Maybe the majority is men doing the creepy stuff, but rest assured there are females on here who are creepy too. All that said,

I really don't care. It's the internet. People will do what they want. You can't stop them. No it's not a dating site, but let's be realistic. Most of us are spread out. We don't live no where near each other. Hopefully most users know that and aren't seeking to actually date like you make it sound. I don't see anything wrong with flirting or having a couple of friends on here. Maybe it's people who are like minded. Maybe it's someone who loves your questions or you love theirs. Maybe you do think they are attractive, but so what? Let people do them. You do you. If you don't want to talk to anyone don't.

I understand that there are risks though. Sure there are risks. That person you talking to may have fake profile pictures. Someone may send you something creepy. Someone may online stalk you. You never know. However, that's the risk you take when you get on the internet regardless of the site. Everything has its risk.

• I don't think you read my article. If you did you would know that I acknowledged that both men and women have been harassed on this website. I am not telling people what they can and can not do. I even pointed out that the ability to connect makes this website unique I also acknowledged the fact that people have met on this website. I can understand why you might have thought I was telling people what to do as the title is misleading and my last sentence but I did acknowledge that both men and women get harassed so I hope you are not just arguing for the sake of just arguing on gender because I did point out that men & women harass people. Obviously mytake is targeted towards people who use gag's best features to harass people who turn the down and use the community to harass others

• I'm not being defensive you sound like you are taking it personally

• I am because again like I said I'm talking about my experience. My experience IS personal lol.

• Whatever.

Here's the thing: people go into coffee shops to buy coffee.
    To the grocery store for groceries.
    To the laundromat to clean their clothing.

But in all of those places, you might see someone and ask them out on a date.

Those are not "dating locations" like "clubs and bars are supposed to be."

But...

FUCK THAT.

IF I MEET SOMEONE I WANT TO ASK OUT, I WILL FUCKING ASK THEM OUT, WHEREVER THE FUCK IT IS THAT I MEET THEM, WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR FUCKING PERMISSION.

Now that we have that cleared up...

Have a nice day.

• I'm sure women are bound to say yes after seeing that statement lol

• I am not telling anyone what to do. Did you even read the article? Why are you getting mad over an article about people who can't take rejection well? Those are the majority of people who I'm talking about. I never told you what to do

• It's pretty obvious that you can not take no for an answer. Try not to take things personal all the time

• No it's not a dating website.
    It's a community where people interact, make friends, make enemies, fall in love, and everything else people do in communities.

Yeah, there's no reason to be a dick if you're rejected.
    And there's no reason to be harassing someone.
    That's why we have the 'block' function and can report users to an admin.

But bottom line, stop telling people what to do within the community.
    If someone wants to date someone they met online, who are you to decide they can't, just because it's not an official dating service?

It's not your call, and not for you to decide.
    Stop trying to control other people.

• If you read what I wrote you would realize that this is about people who harass others. In your head maybe you think I'm trying to control what people do in the community but I wrote that gag is unique because of the fact that it's a community. So quit trying to start a debate when you have no logical arguments

• Just because I explained using my own words in mytake that you are wrong does not mean that I am emotionally invested in mytake. It's just that you never seen a logical argument and you have made no logical points only to call me a little girl because you have no points to make

• Just because I wrote the article does not make me emotionally invested. I believe we are done here. You are acting very childish and you are way too sensitive

• Don't know how it is in the US, but dating sites are usually paid services.

Take that and the option for anon, you will always have desperate guys trying out there luck here.

What Girls Said 14

• Thank yooouuu...

• It's a rate me, how big is my penis, and other neurotic topics site

• People tend to use everything as a dating site. Back in the day I belonged to a Harry Potter forum and people tried to use it as one. It doesn't matter what it is, if you can socialize on it, people will use it as a dating site. I use an app called whisper and even the most innocent Posts will have guys hitting on the women. Guys send sick pics on that app.

• I met my boyfriend on here… just turns out we lived close to each other and decided to meet up. haha. just a coincidence.

Yes I agree with the topics you discussed!

• You hear that creepy heads? This take is just for you creeps! And yeah... This is a great take.

• I don't even have a picture of me available, but I still get guys messaging for dates. I don't mind as long as they're straightforward, but then some try to be sneaky. "Yeah, let's be friends! Butwhatdoyoulooklike?" And as soon as I do show a picture, if I'm feeling optimistic, they immediately switch to "LET'S DATE, I'M IN LOVE." Because I guess I'm not hideous. *eye roll*

It's some bullshit. I want to make friends on here but I never know who I can actually talk to. -.-

• Ah, damnit! Lol

• I forgot to add that the message is directed to users who harass others on this website after they are rejected

• Exactly sometimes I get messages from guys trying to hit on me when I don't even show my face. This one guy only messaged me because he thought that I was Asian (which can get annoying here) sounded like a fetish to me. If you want to get to know me then at least read my profile, I mentioned that I'm black its not even long. I sware people just don't read the ages either, men who are 20+ that come to me for sex are so stupid. I just can not even -_-'

• Lots of men have a weird Asian fetish on here

• I don't understand what the big deal is and why people are so pissy about members meeting and dating each other. You meet people EVERYWHERE in life. This is like saying you can't date a guy you met in a grocery store, because it is a grocery store. Who cares? People can be who they are and date who they want. I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about what OTHER people are doing with their lives. My philosophy is, worry about yourself. It doesn't matter where you meet someone. Just be happy.

• It's just a take. I never told anyone what to do. I acknowledged that people do meet on this website. I was talking about people who harass others after being rejected

• If you are referring to this sentence "If you want to go to a dating website go to an actually dating website" it was directed towards MEN and WOMEN who harass others who they attempt to date online at this website because they can not take no for an answer. I made it quite clear that I know that people have Met on this website I even pointed out the fact that it's good that people take advantage of this.
      "This is a very unique website and that it seems more connected to the users. It's good that some users take advantage of the features but some go to too far if they get rejected." I believe I obviously pointed out that the ability for users to connect is what makes the website unique. I am praising not criticing the website for those features and for users who take advantage of it. however I am criticizing users who use the websites ability to connect to users as a way to harass people who reject them

• Some of the people on this site have serious issues.

• That's for sure. I see so many people post questions about the area they are in and that they are wondering if anyone else is in that area. I mean seriously, I'm sure you could find plenty of people in that area on an actual dating site.

• It like saying, "rap me or stalk me at 12:30pm,", lol. I hate people that catfish.

• I agree gag is definitely not a dating website

• this is why i never use an actual pic of myself on here
    plus, my age is probably a natural deterrent, lol

• Agreed. This isn't the place or time for that shit.

Buuiuuuut what If this did turn into a dating site?

• Sounds like a good buisiness plan