10 Things I Would Change On GAG

10 Things I Would Change On GAG

1) Get Rid Of This +1 Xper Bonus If You Post First From Your Gender

I just don't understand the purpose of this bonus. This is a bonus that helps Xper hunters exclusively. Basically this is the first thing I would change

2) Upgrade Questions Asked Per Day From 5 To 7

I feel often 5 Questions are not enough,so 7 would be better in my opinion

3) Make MHO Percentage Monthly

Seems more accurate this way. Since our style might have changed during our time in GAG.

4) Limit Anonymous Questions/Opinions Made Per Day

Another thing I would definetely change. I would put it like 15 Anonymous Opinions/day and 2 Anonymous Questions/day. Some GAGers unfortunately tend to abuse Anonymous feature posting offensive/unhelpful questions/opinions as a result, without destroying their name repurtation.

5) Add A New Badge After “Master”

After 100000 Xper why not? After some point i believe we'll have too many Masters so "Master" badge will lose its meaning. Guru badge has alredy lost it since most regular GAGers are Gurus nowdays.

Maybe it will be called "Wizard" or "Warrior" i guess LOL

6) Add A Text Box When We Report/Hide/Delete a/an Question/Opinion/Comment

This would be a nice idea, so we could explain better why we Report/Hide/Delere a/an Question/Opinion/Comment

7) Get +1 Xper Per Upvote and -1 Xper Per Downvote

If this happened i believe it will motivate users to be more helpful instead of posting unhelpful opinions.

8) Asker Should Have The Ability To Vote In His/Her Poll

OK I know he/she can tell his opinion on description, but I believe it would not be bad if it was visible in poll's results.

9) Add MHO Feature On MyTakes

I don't see why not. Since questions have MHO feature, why not MyTakes?

10) A User Should Have The Ability To Send Messages After He Has Reached Xper Level 4 And Not Just Xper Level 2

This way we would avoid more creeps, I believe.

Anyway...in how many of those suggestions do you agree/disagree?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 21

• I agree with the mytake mho feature, and limiting anon activity... The level above master =wizard haha!
    Just not the upvote/downvote xper... Haters and trolls, along with certain questions that use upvotes/downvotes would no do any good..

Is it just me or did your diction completely change for this take? XD

• when i write takes... i always use "proper english" ;p

• I'm gonna have to go against 7, I have too many haters that like to downvote my opinions.

• I like the idea of MHO monthly, or else show who has highest MHO in their Xper category (for Gurus and Masters, go in segments of every 5000Xper thereafter). I notice some people with insanely high MHO and they're like, Xper 3, so to me just answering a handful of questions and scoring MH doesn't mean much compared to someone who has a high MH percentage and they've answered a lot more.

Anonymous questions definitely should be limited! There are way too many every day and almost all for dumb reasons. There's not reason why a guy should be posting a woman-hating topic anonymously. If he feels so inclined to feel rotten about women, then show his face. Otherwise, Anonymous should be reserved for those who truly need to talk about something private - JUST my opinion!

I agree, badge after Master. I think a lot of people find a goal on the site to reach a certain Xper and they quit. If there was more incentive to stay, maybe to achieve a new goal or badge then people might stick around to see it through. Don't know how you do it though. You are at the top of the heap and don't seem to be bored yet! :)

Too many Xper 1s that are sock accounts. There should be a way of GaG getting a bit more sophisticated with their software and notify someone when "someone using this IP address" already has an account here. Or something like this. I don't know. I just know that a few Xper 1s have pissed me off because they were people I blocked and all they did was create a new account as a workaround to zero in on the same discussion to harass me. (And yes, reported, found out, and accounts were deleted.) I just wish there was a way even that could be limited.

• 1) ya indeed... i feel my percentage's ridiculously low accordin to how helpful i've been da last couple of months... i never post in a sarcstic manner and i avoid "popular" questions in order to not screw my MHO percentage any further...

2) not only questions... and opinions... basically i care about opinions mostly.. i cannot tolerate this anon/female/18-24 (i'd tell who she's since i know but this would be considered as a "member post" so i won't) anymore... technically she doesn't violate GAG rules... but still she's repulsive and utterly disgusting...

3) nah... my goal's to became an editor (this will happen soon), bring my MHO percentage up to 30% (this will take time) and be an admin (this is ultra-hard but i wouldn't consider it impossible)... being a "Master" isn't anything special at all...

4) but IP can change no?

• 2 - Some people make use of the 5 questions a day... every day. All I see are their questions, most of which aren't too interesting so I wouldn't like to see them post more than that each day! I think the more you let people post, the quality of the questions will decrease. You don't need to post so many questions in one day!

4 - Good idea.

5 - It does need to be updated. I don't think GAG realised so many people would reach the master badge so they left it as it was. Now they need to add more badges! Some people are masters and have double the Xper points needed to be a Master, they should have a new badge!

6 - Agreed.

7 - Agreed.

9 - Nooo. Comments on myTakes are simply comments. They're not trying to be helpful, the myTake writer was sharing their own opinion, not looking for one. It's entirely unnecessary.

10 - YES!

• 2. personally i find often 5 questions/day kinda lmited at least in my case... basically askin questions is my only way to break my seriousness a little bit... i don't wanna pass as someone who's cold and mean either u know...

4-7- :D

9: ya u've got a point i guess...

• I really like four the most out of all your suggestions.

I can't tell you how beyond fed up I am with the trolls.
    The more we limit their ability the better this community in my opinion.

The others that I agree with are: 9, 6, and 8.

• Number 5 seems good as well.

But how much people will make it to master?
      This site has been around since 2007 and there are only a few masters.
      That shows that a lot of members don't save long enough to make it to one.

• Maybe... who knows lol.

• I think ur about right.
      Although I'm dreading by that time I would have been a membe for 8 years

• What new features i would like in this GAG website

Add a profile page visited feature

A no comment allowed optional feature in my opinion thread

A feature when we can send a 'gift' to other users if we like something they said or wrote in their take or oopinions.

• Correction. Add a page visit counter in profile page...

• Yeah... it would deduct from our points.

• "I included a correction after that."

^noticed... i agree about this... :)

"Yeah... it would deduct from our points."

^i've already suggested sth similar in da past by the way... ugh guess i should write a part II soon...

• Love all of these except the downvote thing. I have some haters out there!

• thanks :)

well #1 doesn't xist anymore... glad... :)

• "9) Add MHO Feature On MyTakes

I don't see why not. Since questions have MHO feature, why not MyTakes?"

I don't know. I'm just assuming maybe it's because on MyTakes the asker isn't asking a question.

• yes, I agree there should be more badges.

• I like a lot of these but I don't agree with 7. Some people already randomly downvote people as it is. If they don't like someone, they'll downvote them even if that person didn't deserve it. They'll also just downvote the opinion because they don't like it even if it's a good one. There are a lot of people who ask a question, and if they get an opinion they don't like they'll downvote them even if it wasn't a bad opinion.

• Very much agree what you said about point 7. The point of asking questions itself should be to know about several view points from several different people (whether it's pleasing to hear or not), and find the best possible solution/ answer to one's own questions. I see so many frustrated people simply venting out their frustrations/ whining and many people asking questions which they themselves know that no one can give them a proper answer (as if they just want others agree with them whatever they are telling) -- so whoever tells them an answer that's like an "unpleasant truth", they just down vote.

• I agree with number 4 and 6. I've received a fair amount of anonymous bull shit and think that we should be able to give a detailed response as to why we are reporting s certain comment. We should also limit the amount of anonymous answers on this site so it's like a daily thing where you have a limit. (I'm not sure if it's just me but I think everyone at one point who uses this site regularly has gotten anon hate... It's just unneeded when everyone should be able to state their hoe st opinion or ask for an honest opinion)

• yup i've reeived "anon hate" when i used to allow anon answers in my questions... now i don't ;)

• The only thing I don't agree is 7. But great ideas. I hope they change some things.

• 9. Takes are basically like articles. You don't need a "most helpful comment" or "best comment". The take poster is not asking for anything, so MHO is pointless.

What might be a good idea though, is to bring back the "is this question helpful?" So we can also upvote and down vote on questions. Cause seriously, some questions are just either trolling or simply really idiotic. And if I remember correctly, in the old version of the site, you get xper pts if people think your question is good

• "So we can also upvote and down vote on questions. Cause seriously, some questions are just either trolling or simply really idiotic. And if I remember correctly, in the old version of the site, you get xper pts if people think your question is good"

^nah... it'll vlaue xper hunters in my opinion

basically as time goes by GAG becomes better on this part... xper r not given like candies now

• I agree with some of these. I think we should gain 1 Xper for every up vote but I don't like the thought of losing Xper for down votes. Haters would be too pleasured.
    Also I kind of like the thought of first gender answer gives you another Xper point or whatever. I don't know why but I just always liked it lol.
    As for the MHO on myTakes I COMPLETELY disagree with that sorry. For one you have the option of not wanting opinions on myTakes and two it just sounds like a really bad idea to me. To me myTakes are supposed to focus on what the person who makes it has to say rather than the opinions others give on it.
    Number 10 is a good idea. It'd definitely chisel out some creeps.
    Number 8 I'm kind of neutral on. To me it wouldn't make much of a difference.
    Number 5 I completely agree with. Maybe not another badge after Master but I think maybe one between Guru and Master? I don't know I'm just afraid that once I reach Master I'll have no motivation for GAG anymore so whatever they do I just hope they give us more to work on.
    Great myTake by the way ;) you'll be an editor in no time!

• "I agree with some of these. I think we should gain 1 Xper for every up vote but I don't like the thought of losing Xper for down votes. Haters would be too pleasured."

^then nope otherwise Xper would be given like candies... it used to happen actually (gettin +1 Xper/upvote and +3 Xper/opinion)... glad it was stopped

"To me myTakes are supposed to focus on what the person who makes it has to say rather than the opinions others give on it."

^ya... i guess... so forget about #9

"Number 5 I completely agree with. Maybe not another badge after Master but I think maybe one between Guru and Master? I don't know I'm just afraid that once I reach Master I'll have no motivation for GAG anymore so whatever they do I just hope they give us more to work on"

^my point was after a few years will possibly have ~100 masters and it's gonna lose its meanin...

"Great myTake by the way you'll be an editor in no time!"

^thanks :D hope so...

• Lol you're welcome

• I agree with #4 and #6. I don't agree with #7, sometimes we get downvotes for no reason, it wouldn't be fair to lose Xper points because of it.

• Ya many disagreed wid #7 actually... but wot can u do to motivate people to not post BS?

• let's tag 'em all then:

@tolga
      @menguc
      @xhoneyxbeex
      @redrain

• Good idea! Maybe they will see it and agree with us. @Klaatu51

• in my opinion #4 is the best of your suggestions.

• thanks... ya i believe it's awesome hope it'll become true soon... can't wait :)

• seems many users liked it... but i wonder y... after all age's mentioned next to each asker o_O

• It's more for searching through past questions then the live feed.

• Yes I agree. Good job sir :)

• Yes, I agree with most of them

Especially, the wizard one! Sounds and looks quiet cool! 😎😇

• yeah indeed :D

• I think they shouldn't have any Xper Levels. I have more than two questions to ask.

• Xper levels isn't da problem actually... but awards... hm..

• not sure about the upvote/downvote one being linked to xper. an answer could be very helpful to the asker but get a lot of downvotes because people might not necessarily agree with it. plus, i think it might discourage people from expressing their true opinion about something in fear of receiving downvotes. like a form of censorship

• hum... ya u r not alone... many people disagreed wid this downvote thing :|

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 17

• I really agree with point 1, 4 and 9!! But the other ones aren't bad.

• I would be for all of those definitely

• I totally agree with 1,6,9 and 10 (Lose first Xper, Text box for Reports, MHO for Takes and Level 4 messages) also agree with 8 Asker can vote on their own poll.
    I have issues with
    (2) Raising question level good for decent people but also becomes available for the Are black women ugly and Is my cock big enough users.
    (3) MHO percentage totally false with autos and randoms I am riding about 10 points higher than I should be through sheer activity.
    (4) Anonominity is important to some users for valid reasons.
    (5) Public display of levels and Xper totals should be scrapped in my view. All users are equal in my eyes.
    (7) As I said other day get a crew together go from question to question giving each other upvotes or hammering someone.
    (8)

• Ignore bottom (8)

• 2) ya indeed... but those r not so annoyin unless if a GAGer asks this question on a daily basis
      3) so better abolish auto-selected then
      4) but how many times someone have to go anon for valid reasons?
      5) they can be fun sometimes though
      7) hmmm sure... but wouldn't some admins notice dat someone gets downvotes without a reason for xample?

• The only thing I think they should change is some aspects of the private message option. For example they should only aloud short invitations at first if the person is a stranger and if that person is accepted as a friend give them the option to send larger messages.

I almost miss out this one. When it comes to post questions they should give a special a option that aloud 18+ users to make invisible their questions for underage.

• "The only thing I think they should change is some aspects of the private message option. For example they should only aloud short invitations at first if the person is a stranger and if that person is accepted as a friend give them the option to send larger messages. "

^good idea... :)

"I almost miss out this one. When it comes to post questions they should give a special a option that aloud 18+ users to make invisible their questions for underage."

^i'm indifferent about it tbh...

• they should make an app. It would be very helpful.

• indeed :)

• they think about startin one actually...

• Ik everyone is like there should be an app for everything but for this why not? It's like the perfect candidate for an app.

• Sounds sterile and boring.

• I like some of these suggestions, especially 2, 5, 7, 8 and 9 :)

• 1. I know what you mean. Some people give short, pointless one line responses to complicated questions because they're rushing to get the first answer in. On the other hand, it helps motivate people to answer first. Maybe any questions that haven't had a response from a gender after 24 hours offers a +2 Xper bonus to one who does answer. That might prevent questions from just drifting while avoiding Xper hunters who give a bad answer and just move on to another from getting a bonus.

2. I probably ask too many questions so this would just further my addiction. :P

3. Interesting idea. Both could be displayed (I'd imagine) which would be interesting.

4. I'm not sure of this. Personally, the worst responses I have gotten have been from posters who didn't post anonymously. As long people report the bad ones and admins/mods know who's doing it, I'm not sure if it matters.
    There could be a counter that displays how many of your posts have been removed and why even if it was anon, just like it shows how many myTakes you've done, anon or not.

5. That will never apply to me. :P

6. Good idea. I don't know much about the moderating process but it sounds good.

7. Helpful =/= popular. Some people just go through questions and downvote any who disagrees. I'm not sure they should be punished for that. Maybe +/-1 Xper for every 5 upvotes/downvotes?

8. Yes.

9. Yes! Some posts under myTakes are great.

10. I've never had too many problems with creeps so I don't mind this.

• 1) guess wot? #1 was abolished!!! :D
      2) i always found 5 questions pretty much limited tbh...
      3) yup!!
      4) actually i was mentionin this coz there's a certain anon who clutters "no opinions" section... hope now dat "+1" bonus from postin first of yer gender's gone... she'll limit her activity...
      5) -
      6) ya... sometimes opinions i hid myself've been put back... coz i couldn't xplain da xact reason...
      7) now after da recent update.. we get "+1" if Asker upvotes yer opnion...
      8-9) many people disagree about those 2 thugh...
      10) many gals ahve though... :|

• I agree with everything but the "Asker should be able to vote, too" thingy. Because the Asker asks US. That means HE wants to know what WE think. And thats why its unnessesary to let the Asker vote too. If he wants to share his opinion, fine do it in the description box at the end of the day I dont care. I wouldn't even care when he WOULD be able to vote but it just doesn't make sence since he is asking us.

• The elite badges club wish I was part of them

• I only disagree with 9. Since mytakes are just our opinions, MHO would always go to the people who kisses the writers ass.

• I honestly agree with all of these, except for number 9. It would be kind of redundant to have a Most Helpful Feature in an myTake, since its not asking a question that needs to be answered - its more of an article or a debate column.

• And the ability to add a link even if ur xper level is less than 2.

• this is nice as well

• I just thought of it and i think that they do that bcz some people create new accounts and start advertising their shit so i think that that is the right thing to do actually...

• #7 is not right because we often voice opinions we think are correct and yet get downvoted.

People often downvote over the stupidest things. It already makes me die a little inside. We don't need to lose Xper additionally.

• I disagree with 10. What if a person makes friends or meets someone interesting while below level 4?

• Indeed... but wot about da creeps who want to message others asap?

• That's the block button for.

• The only one I strongly disagree with would be 7. This would be perfect for haters to lower your exp by downvoting everything you say.

• thanks!

ya u've got a point there... so #7's both bad/good

• 1) Actually, it lures the gender which didn't participate in the discussion yet. So, it's good. We shouldn't remove a good feature just because it's misused. For example if you ask "how does a girl feel like down there after a session", guys will answer it but girls tend to ignore this question.

2) 5 questions are already enough for an average person. And xper hunters will spoil the site feed with dumb questions.

3) Full #support. If G@G implemented this, I'll give two gift cards to admins.

4) I #support 15/2 seems reasonable too. Good one 👍

5) No because having so many badges will deride the value of the badges. And there are only 188 Gurus + Masters including the inactive users.

6) Full support. There are some anonymous admins who very naive in doing moderation. I have to save the links in my notepad and memo and check them out if they're really removed or not. Sometimes I find it out that they reinstated ~30 simultaneous troll/antagonistic/offensive posts and when I ask them why, they apologise and say it was human mistake. This is happening so much that I started to hate this site and its guidelines which are so unclear too.

7) this used to be here but it was misused. People will start voting on their friends' post. And they can make duplicate accounts too
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...46e9-8495-e1e5d7cf7eb5.jpg

And some people like me who are being harassed and trolled will get unreasonable downvotes. (For example, Indian hater)
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1561122-what-kind-of-gag-user-are-you

8) N/A

9) Well, takes are a form of opinion. The OP isn't wanting "help"

10) I #support

• 1) but most of da times it's being misused
      2) personally most of da times i wanna ask more than 5/day :D
      3-4) :D
      5) still being a "Guru" nowdays isn't so "special" as it seems
      7) yup but how could we avoid Xper hunters?
      10) :D

• thanks! ya hope so...

by the way, if i remember well weren't u against #1?

• I'm just meh regarding #1.

I'm against 2, 5 & 7