10 Things I Would Change On GAG Part II

10 Things I Would Change On GAG Part II

Seems like there are more things I’d like to change except those 10 I mentioned in my previous myTake here:

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/girlsaskguys/a21841-10-things-i-would-change-on-gag

Some of them were suggested by other users as well.

11) A No Comment Allowed Optional Feature In My Opinion Thread (kudos @abundantlyrich )

Sometimes we might not want any further comments in our opinions. And sometimes a Question Asker might become very clingy in some situations to the point he wll be chasing you to keep the conversation going. So you have to stop it somehow.

12) Limit Amazon Gift Card Rewards From 2 To 1 Card Per Month

This sounds harsh indeed. I asked a question about it a while ago and most GAGers disagreed. But honestly I believe it will make no difference if it happened. Simply because everyone here from what I have noticed,never reaches 7000 Xper in one month except one person here. In fact only one user will be affected if it happened, and nobody else.

13) Ability To Edit Our Posts

This has been requested multiple times I believe. Someone could easily have made a mistake on his/her post. So it would be a better option to have the ability to edit his/her post instead of correcting it on his/her update/comment. Also have the ability to click/unclick "Don't allow anonymous users?" box after the question was posted. Some people might wanted to click on this box,but they forgot it.

14) Make The Word “T o r r e n t” Uncensored

I still don’t understand what’s the reason of this word being censored.

15) Have The Ability To Choose Age Range In Our Questions

This has been suggested a few times as well. I have noticed a few Askers complaining about “underage” people leaving an opinion on their questions. So why don’t you let them choose what age range they want?

16) Have The Ability To Choose A Minimum Amount Of Characters Per Opinion In Our Questions (kudos @lemonlimetime )

So if an Asker posts a serious question and wants only serious long-descriptioned opinions, then he/she could avoid short unhelpful/unproductive comments.

17) A Limit For Blocks Per Month

I have noticed there are a few GAGers who tend to abuse this feature as well, just like anonymous feature. Some people block someone just after having a disagreement with him/her. I believe 3-4 blocks per month is more reasonable. After all how many people do you need to block for a reason?

18) Bonus Xper for becoming an Editor, or a Moderator/Super-Moderator/Uber-Moderator/Administrator.

Why not? Honestly I believe those people who achieved such badges deserve their Xper since they offered “something more” than the rest on this site.

Perhaps it would be like:

Editor: +100 Xper

Moderator: +200 Xper

Super-Moderator: +300 Xper

Uber-Moderator: +500 Xper

Administrator: +1000 Xper

19) Earn Rewards By Another Way Than Redeeming Your Xper

We have such a bonus already (for “Moderator Of The Month”), but I believe there are other GAGers as well who really deserve this award, unlike others who just post opinions in order to reach 7000 Xper quicker. Those GAGers cannot reach 7000 Xper as quickly as others, but they are being really productive/helpful and I believe they deserve those rewards as well.

For example we could have a bonus like:

“GAGers who have had a MHO percentage (auto-selected MHOs are excluded) of 50% or above,and posted at least 50 opinions (Someone could post just 1 opinion and get MHO. So it should not be count in my opinionion) within this month, will earn a bonus Amazon Gift Card at the end of the month.”

20) Limit the amount of opinions posted per day

OK, this one might sound a little bit extreme but I believe 100 opinions per day would be a reasonable limit. Think about it how many people here surpass 100 opinions per day without being unproductive? Even if you are here all day long, it would be really hard to surpass 100 opinions unless if you post 10-charactered opinions without spending much thought on it. Then yeah you could reach 1000 opinions per day this way.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 11

• GAG should stop making all the changes, most of them are even unnecessary.

20 is especially ridiculous in my opinion. Some lifeless people like me that stay on gag whole weekend could actually surpass 100 opinions you know, its not that hard.

18 is crazy as well. Editors already have a bonus of +50xper each time they write a myTake because it gets instapromoted. As for the admins, why give them +1000xper just to be admins? I think more crazy people would want to go for admins post then.

I strongly disagree with 17. There is not only 3-4 harassment I faced each month, and blocking them is a feature I thanked the admins for. What about those people that pm settings are public and they get creeps messaging them whole day? They would want to block them right.

13 is even worse. Imagine someone posting a question like 'would you like to have some pizza' and I bet some would reply with a yes. The QA could then change the question to 'would you like to see my dick' and the entire question is in the wrong direction. Also, some people could post some offensive comment and when the other person replied them, they could just edit their comment and play the victim card.

• face*

thank*

• The edit feature works fine in many other forums though.

• Hmm I can imagine an edit feature would work if you could only edit as long as there were no comments underneath and it had a timestamp with something like "edited at: *insert time* "

• Look Klaatu, you're my friend, and it's great that you have great ideas and all and that you make all these suggestions and I think you've been hear and they keep making all these changes that are not necessary. They should stop making so many changes.

• some changes r needed though... don't u think so? ;)

• Really good post :) I agree with number 13 the most.
    It drives me crazy to think I made an error on a mytake or a question/response. I wish I could edit it.

• I like the edit option. I use this site on my phone a lot during my breaks at work, and sometimes I don't catch the autocorrects. So I would like to be able to fix them.

I do like the no more comments feature as well, but that could be abused the same way the block feature is.

• Edit options is the best possible change here :)

• Can't say any of your suggestions peak my interest.

• 11) this is a pretty good idea. Sometimes the asker will just try to continue the conversation to increase the publicity of the question.
    12) honestly I don't even acknowledge the gift cards so I couldn't care less if they changed this.
    13) I've heard a lot of people complaining about this, but honestly it makes no difference to me.
    14) yeah that's pretty odd, and there's really no reason for it to be censored especially considering there's WAY worse words on this site.
    15) not a bad idea, although as a younger GAGer myself I feel as though some people will totally abuse this power to block out all younger GAGers, but I think it'd be a good idea for them to add this feature.
    16) I definitely agree with this. Although maybe you shouldn't be able to unlock that feature until a certain Xper level or something. I say this because some people might mess around with this and whatnot.
    17) I mean there are a lot of creepers on this site and I know some girls get messages from creepers EVERY DAY. Which if they didn't have the option to block, their inbox would just keep exploding. Although I agree, people are abusing this, if someone doesn't like someone else I think they should have the right to block them out.
    18) yeah I feel like that would only make sense. I totally agree with this one.
    19) I agree with this. It would be cool if they had "Editor of the Month" too or something along those lines.
    20) I'm sorry I really don't agree with this one. Although it's highly unlikely one would surpass 100 opinions in a day, I think it'd be better to leave it as it is. Why change it?

• 20) one user here can do it... and he/she's a pain in da ass...

• Hahaha I guess it wouldn't be dreadfully terrible if they changed this, but still I think it's kind of unnecessary.

• I definitely wish we could edit! Seems like a basic feature that is lacking.

• I definitely wish I could change my post if I made a mistake. It's nerve wracking watching it stuck there and it's so cumbersome having to correct it with updates which are limited and if you have to correct an update you're screwed for another week or having it fixed by a mod. Be much better to just be able to fix it in your own I mo:)

• LOL good thing you don't decide which features get implemented. Your version of GaG would be horribly boring.

I only support #19.

• ya #19 is good... y boring though? do u want trolls?

• Like I said, good thing you don't decide which features get implemented.

• wot'd u suggest then?

• That's a good take my friend, good job! :)

What Guys Said 15

• Again thoughtful analysis but I have a couple of remarks I am happy with (11),(12) and (19).
    I think I am happy with (14) because I am not sure what "Torrent" is.
    I disagree with (13) - It is open to abuse - Extreme example say I post an opinion saying " I don't think age of consent should be lowered to something like 10" loads of upvotes and comments "I agree" then I go back and edit comment " I think age of consent should be lowered to 10" all upvotes and agreement stays. Users have being manipulated.
    (15) I have never been sure about age filter, it encourages to people to lie about age. I know where people are coming from on this but I usually avoid the sex/dating questions so I don't get brunt of it. I will tentatively go neutral on this.
    (16) May frighten people off demanding a min character answer - Anyway a good Xper hunter if they thought "Really really really really really really really" hard about it would find a way around it.
    (17) Totally disagree with this one - It is my choice who I block - I know it is aimed against the pre emptive block in an argument but when a young girl joins this site she is going to need more than 3/4 blocks a month.
    (18) Mods/Editors should be doing job because they love site not because they want extra xper.
    (20) Just a quibble about the number a regular on the How Do I Look topic can easily hit 40/50 opinions in a short period of time. So I would have limit at 150.

• "because I am not sure what "Torrent" is."

^https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

"May frighten people off demanding a min character answer - Anyway a good Xper hunter if they thought "Really really really really really really really" hard about it would find a way around it."

^indeed... like quotin da full question then post a small answer underneath... it won't work... :|

"Totally disagree with this one - It is my choice who I block - I know it is aimed against the pre emptive block in an argument but when a young girl joins this site she is going to need more than 3/4 blocks a month."

^about creeps u mean? hmmmm she could set her profile private though...

"Just a quibble about the number a regular on the How Do I Look topic can easily hit 40/50 opinions in a short period of time. So I would have limit at 150."

^150... hmm... pretty decent then... :)

• "Limit the amount of opinions posted per day"

I REVOKE YOUR KING STATUS!

• ""11) A No Comment Allowed Optional Feature In My Opinion Thread""

Feels like literally blocking everyone, doesn't it?

""12) Limit Amazon Gift Card Rewards From 2 To 1 Card Per Month""

I always redeem them two by two, so I would not be too happy.

""13) Ability To Edit Our Posts""

Yes, a versioning system like on Stack Overflow would be amazing.

""14) Make The Word “T o r r e n t” Uncensored""

It is a dictionary word, so I agree.

tor**** ˈtɒr (ə) nt
    noun
    a strong and fast-moving stream of water or other liquid.
    "rain poured down in torrents"

an overwhelming outpouring of (something, typically words).
    "she was subjected to a tor**** of abuse"
    "he directed a tor**** of abuse at me"

""15) Have The Ability To Choose Age Range In Our Questions""

Limiting opinions based on sex was already a horrible idea, I'm pretty sure this would just make it worse. Add a FILTER for opinions that allows that, but don't restrict content.

""16) Have The Ability To Choose A Minimum Amount Of Characters Per Opinion In Our Questions ""

Maybe. That could be useful, unless people just start adding "fillter filler filler" to their posts.

""17) A Limit For Blocks Per Month""

The block happy people would be enraged. I don't block anyone personally, so I don't really care, but this is like closing away all alcoholic beverages after 8 PM. The people who indulge in it will get pissed!

""18) Bonus Xper for becoming an Editor, or a Moderator/Super-Moderator/Uber-Moderator/Administrator.""

I think adding XPER to Admins for being Admins is just weird. I also think Editors already get enough bonuses for posting myTakes that get insta-promoted.

""19) Earn Rewards By Another Way Than Redeeming Your Xper""

If the site doesn't go bankrupt from people blocking the ads that take up enough memory on an Android device that it kills the keyboard, sure.
    (IF YOU WANT ADS, THEN MAKE AN APP WITH RECYCLERVIEW! There is no other way!)

""20) Limit the amount of opinions posted per day""

You just want to eliminate the competition and prevent people from becoming masters, don't you. :p

It would benefit the individual, but I'm not sure if it would benefit the website.

• "Feels like literally blocking everyone, doesn't it?"

^never said dat... but sometimes there r cases when an asker could be REALLY clingy (see anon female 25-29 who asks about gettin back to her X in break-up & divorce topic)

"I always redeem them two by two, so I would not be too happy."

^do u really get 14k/month? i don't think so... only one user gets more than 14k lately... and u know who he/she's... ;)

"Limiting opinions based on sex was already a horrible idea, I'm pretty sure this would just make it worse. Add a FILTER for opinions that allows that, but don't restrict content."

^but some people say they don't want "underage" opinions... so?

"Maybe. That could be useful, unless people just start adding "fillter filler filler" to their posts."

^only one "filler" is allowed... problem solved... ;)

"The people who indulge in it will get pissed!"

^we block someone for a reason... not just after a disagreement... :|

• then how this user can be stopped?

• I know nothing about the user you mentioned.

• I would allow more nudity and change the name of the site to "Sexy Action G@G".
    I hope some people will take my suggestion seriously.

• 11.) I agree with this idea. I can't see it being good.

12.) This doesn't really affect me since my xper rate isn't too high. I'm pretty indifferent to it. I can see the reasons you stated, but what stops the person from just storing up the points for later dates and getting it from there?

13.) Hmmm... maybe, but only with regulations. I can see it working only if they had something like an edit timestamp. That and if anyone posted a comment underneath it or upvoted/downvoted it (or maybe just small timeframe?), you couldn't edit your post anymore. It's a good feature to have, but there needs to be ways to prevent the trolls from taking advantage.

14.) I heard there was a reason for it. Something to do with it popping up on google when you type that word in or something. I don't know. I saw a post on it one time.

15.) Good in theory, but I can imagine problems in practice. One being an older creepy perv making a sexual question and only allowing under 18 people to answer.

16.) That's actually a cool idea. Granted, things may last longer under the "no opinion" section -- only a handful of people on the site are willing to write extra long opinions, but this is a good idea. I would support it.

17.) I disagree with this one. There are creeps and pervs on the site. I could make my profile private if I was getting harassed heavily... but I don't want to have to change MY way of life because of someone else's annoying actions.

18.) Ehh... I mildly disagree with this one. I don't think it would make much of a difference, but I feel it would be almost promoting moderator/admin stuff for the wrong reason. You should want to do it to help the site, not to get xper. However, I can see becoming an editor getting points since that is an additional extra-effort sort of thing. It's not the same type of position as a mod.

19.) I'm indifferent to this one. I can get behind it though.

20.) Lemme think... 24 hours in a day... 6 hours for sleep... 2 hours for doing toilet stuff, eating, other stuff... 960 minutes... 960 minutes / 100 = 9.6 minutes per question. Assuming you spend 2 minutes to read the question and 2 minutes to think about it, you'd get 5.6 minutes to write an opinion. That is pretty doable for a decent opinion...

But enough jib jab aside, I see what you mean. However, I would not want to put limits on opinions. While I do not promote xper hunting, I feel like there are better anti-xper hunting steps to be taken and this is something that shouldn't be touched

• I agree with some of these, but not the age range one, even though it won't affect me for long because I'm almost 18. We shouldn't feed those judgmental older adults' assumptions that young age automatically means bad advice. That would promote agism here.

I agree with most others that you posed however.

• #13 is a good idea actually the best one out of all of them

• My biggest one is how sluggish the website runs because it's so loaded down with bullshit. I have more browser crashes on GaG than I do with porn, and that's saying something.

• 11) I don't agree. It's really frustrating when you're trying to make a point to a fucking arsehole and they just comment and then block you so that you can't refute what they said — I don't think this'll be positive.
    12) I'm not on here for the gift cards but I understand that many people are, I'd be okay with this since I'd never reach that much in a month.
    13) YES. YES. PLEASE.
    14) Why the fuck is it censored? Tor ren t s are very much legal and very useful if you don't use them for illegally downloading content.
    15) I don't know if ageism is a word (well I just Googled it, it is) but that is just a prejudice. Not everyone at a young age is unable to help out.
    16) Serious ≠ long, if I can make a decent point in 30 characters I'd rather not have to add an awful lot of slashes at the end for no real reason.
    17) I'm for this, calls back to #11.
    18) Fine, doesn't concern me since I don't aspire to become a moderator.
    19) I don't really care.
    20) Why? If you're really active this isn't an inachievable number, then you're just stuck. I don't see why.

• 11) but some askers go really clingy... there's a certain anon female 25-29 who asks about her X in break up & divorce topics very often... and when she does she keeps on askin u "wot should i do now?","wot should i say","but wot if?"... basically she's xpectin u to "feed" her like a baby... :|

12) only one does this lately... just check Xper/week and u'll see who's this person...

13) on 2nd thought... nope... check @thisdudehere opinion...
      15) agree...
      16) personally if i was askin a serious question and someone gave me a 10-charactered answer... then i'd definetely tell him/her "read first" (a polite way to say "fuck off")
      20) if u r really active AND u post shit then yup... i spend 2/3 of my day here in and out and i post ~25 opinions on average... sometimes more sometimes less but i hardly reach 40... i used to post shit as well and there were a couple of days where i hit 1k opinions/day!!!

• Makes sense. About the edit thing, maybe limit to 20 characters so that you can only use it for spelling/grammar

• And only the post, not the title, and put somewhere that it's edited in a clear way

• #13 I like.

• actually on 2nd thought this might be bad... see @thisdudehere opinion

• That makes sense. Anyway, what do you think about ability to edit our opinions? With ability to see edit history. Today I made little mistake in my opinion. I had to comment on it thrice to properly present my opinion.
      Edit history can also be used on posts.

• "Anyway, what do you think about ability to edit our opinions? With ability to see edit history."

^not bad... :)

• I second the age range thing. I really don't need teenage try-hards to answer my questions when they haven't had a single relationship yet. It would however exclude the major demographic of this site so I guess they wouldn't want to separate the users so much.

• Good changes you suggested there! Did you bring it up to an administrator?

• admins had read it i guess (since it was promoted)... so who knows? ;)

• Great, post, especially about editing/correcting questions, opinions and takes :D

• "A No Comment Allowed Optional Feature In My Opinion Thread" neat idea but I don't care if it gets implemented or not.

"Limit Amazon Gift Card Rewards From 2 To 1 Card Per Month" don't care at all. I'm not here for that stuff.

"Ability To Edit Our Posts" I disagree with this one. It could be abused in many ways. Imagine an troll asking "Would you offer an umbrella to a kid in a heavy rain?" and most people would answer "yes, I would absolutely do it" and then the asker changes the question to "would you suck my dick?". And then he gets to screenshot the question and answers and there you have it.

"Make The Word “T o r r e n t” Uncensored" I would assume it's censored because GAG doesn't support internet piracy.

"Have The Ability To Choose Age Range In Our Questions" we already have the option to separate people on the basis of gender and now you want them to do it based on age? Why not then just increase the required age to join? I mean, those underage users will still be able to read the question and all of it's answers - with all of the adult material inside. This won't make underage users stop answering question, this will make them make new profiles with a boosted age.

"Have The Ability To Choose A Minimum Amount Of Characters Per Opinion In Our Questions" a good idea.

"A Limit For Blocks Per Month" all of the harassed users will disagree strongly with this one, @Klaatu51 . Very strongly in fact.

"Bonus Xper for becoming an Editor, or a Moderator/Super-Moderator/Uber-Moderator/Administrator." Why do you need even more exp? Who cares. It's just exp. You're here to give opinion n shit, not to accumulate exp.

"Earn Rewards By Another Way Than Redeeming Your Xper" don't see the point in rewards. But that's just me.

"Limit the amount of opinions posted per day" dude, don't get me wrong, I don't really mean to be offensive but this most applies to you above all. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing but the truth is that you saturate GAG with content that is just plain silly all of the time. I'm talking about questions, not opinions but still... :|

• "Why do you need even more exp? Who cares. It's just exp. You're here to give opinion n shit, not to accumulate exp."

^not me.. but generally.. there r users who deserve more these rewards than others... ;)

" dude, don't get me wrong, I don't really mean to be offensive but this most applies to you above all. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing but the truth is that you saturate GAG with content that is just plain silly all of the time. I'm talking about questions, not opinions but still... "

^but i was talkin about opinions... U KNOW who's da one who does this 24/7... so he/she'll be limited once this happens...

• 11 I #Support
    12 I #Support
    13 No, please no.
    14 N/A
    15 N/A
    16 I #Support
    17 N/A
    18 N/A
    19 I #Support (deep topic)
    20 I #Support