The Types of Guys on GirlsAskGuys

Ok, I know I'm going a little crazy with the takes tonight. This one is not really a useful one but something I'm noticing...

The Honestly Looking For Advice Guy

He comes here with the simple intention to get his questions answered. If his question is straightforward, he may get a few helpful very direct answers to his question and move along content to stay away until he needs to advice on something else. Sometimes he'll stay this guy but other times he'll get bored and see if he can help someone else out and instead get sucked into the more dramatic posts. At this point he'll rage quit or suffer through it and find his place in the ecosystem of GaG

The Male Rights Guy

Probably the most cohesive unit on GaG. No one believes me but there's a secret underground system of communication whereby likeminded "redpill" thinkers band together to complete complex agendas of pushing male centric rhetoric usually aimed rather aggresivily towards females and men who support female equality. This guy invented The Female Apologist Girl but since women aren't the topic of this Take I'll leave it there.

The Boy

He's young. He's inexperienced. He barely has any hair on his chest but he wants to get his advice early on. Maybe it will get him ahead of the curb. More likely it will alienate him as too much advice before you're ready can mess with your mind.

The Pretty Boy

For the hell of it, you click on his "How Do I Look" just to see what women respond to and you're like oh c'mon when he looks Zac Effron's younger, tanner cousin. He clearly comes on here for validation. He wants to the prettiest flower and he probably he is. Yet real women don't pluck...they get plucked. He'll learn that lesson eventually.

The Contrarian

He has a well reasoned argument as to why you're wrong. All the time. He never seems to be on your side and you can often see how hard he's reaching just to push you away. You wonder what you did to this guy. He just likes being difficult.

The Suck Up

His sucking up usually isn't gender specific. He'll suck up to whoever seems the most powerful in the situation. He enjoys the drama and being on the winning side of it. His reasons for enjoying them are currently unknown.

The Geezer

Sorry to call these guys out because they're usually sweet men. Sometimes they can come off creepy but the cool ones know how to flow nicely into a younger man's conversation with wisdom and clout. They don't always get the biggest responses, but they seldom get targeted the way most of us guys do when we go against the boss female overseers who enjoy telling us how we're offensive to everyone and apparently brain dead.

The Popular Guy

My enemy. This guy probably has girls tagging him with cute messages as they answer questions about which GaG guys are the greatest. The reason the popular guy irks me is not jealousy, but the fact that he so very often has so little in common with any guy I've actually met in real life. I often think these popular guys are girls given their superhuman ability to have everything they say connect with women on a deep emotional level. They also get female humor (think sex and the city or bridesmaids) with an unnatural clarity for a man. Screw you, popular guys.

The Writing Variations on the Same Take Guy

Not me. Although some might say I do. This guy makes what he finds important in life abundantly clear by writing take after take after take about the same thing as if knowing that you should be consuming 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight and that your body goes into a catatonic state when you sleep so it's important to get some form of casein before bed deserves two separate takes. I know you've got more to you than that, buddy. I'd like to see it.

The Anonymous Guy

Lots of guys go anon but this guy has a specific writing style and point of view that you start to notice a trend and you basically know him as anon guy because he's active but never under his name. I like anon guy. He's shy. Yet, I wish he would be willing to tarnish his reputation on here the way that I do constantly. What's a reputation anyway? Just a story people tell themselves about you that is never accurate but is often entertaining to play back.

The "I Call BS" Guy

This guy sounds like a villian, but he's actually on the general populace's side. Whenever a man claims to be making a billion dollars a year--he'll call BS. Whenever a woman has suspciously perfected pictures of a supermodel--he'll call BS. He has tineye at the ready (a much better site for finding if a photo is faked than google images) and he'll stop at nothing to reveal the truth. God Speed, I Call BS Guy.

The Completely Doesn't Understand Irony Guy

There are a lot of clever girls on here. But even the ones who make it painfully obvious that they're joking will cause the Completely Doesn't Understand Irony Guy to comment on their post with outrage. Even after others try to calm him down and show how she wasn't being serious, he'll still be in a tizzy. He just doesn't understand irony.

The Charismatic Upbeat Black Guy

Tokenism seems to be true on GaG as it is in most American sitcoms. I'm always seeing at least one black dude with a nice upbeat smile on the "leaderboards" of this site. He isn't talking about race issues usually, he's just always upbeat.

The Constantly Complaining that Americans Are Mean To Him Foreign Guy

He'll post a question that isn't really a question demonizing Americans (usually white americans) of not liking him and being mean. He'll say how much better it is in Europe or wherever and the GaG community will experience a mixture of distate confusion and empathy for the poor fellow.

The Looking For a Reaction Guy

This guy will come way out of left field usually with something over the top racist, sex, or violent just to see who will react. He may also say he's taken a lot of pills and isn't sure what to do hoping girls will tell him to rush to a hospital asap. I don't know why he'll say anything just to get a girl to talk to him. The things I like to do with girls are usually better when they're not talking :)

The Try To Hard Borderline Creepy Guy

He turns cute to creepy in a milisecond because he lacks that ability to see the line in between. We like him at first because he's brave but we dislike him when he's made us all feel uncomfortable by saying how he'd like to kiss a girl he's never met and never had a conversation with even over the internet just because they both have the same favorite flavor ice cream cookie :/

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 20

• Oh this was great! I agree with it so much. Also I thought I was the only one who noticed the "The Male Rights Guy" underground group on GAG. I've been blocked by a few of them. 😂

• Haha, I love this so much. 😂 It's so accurate.

• Also there was this guy who blocked me because I was black. 😛 You forgot the lowkey racist guy.

• wow that's pretty crappy. didn't know it was that bad!

also thanks!

• I have been on GAG for nearly Two years very soon, @pavlove and with Guys who I know from Following and Followers and even as Friends, and Yes... Dcks too, I have found that it is Some who Try to be Helpful, Some who try to pick girls up on here, dear, and have some Fun, A Few who are in this 'Mirror has two faces' Gig who are Not who they say they are and represent another horse of another color, Others who are looking for Sex and Sexting and want to see Pix of you or even show themselves, and Of course, just the Ones who just Love being on GAG who want to be part of The GAG Town Team and Meet different people and enjoy the delight of this site.
    Nice Take.
    Good luck and happy Holidays. xx

• lol this was sweet and well written

• Thank you for the upvote, sweetie, and you are so kind.. I am a sharp shooter and a straight shooter and call them as I see them and honest and with this, Happy to share with another great writer. xxoo

• The Completely Doesn't Understand Irony Guy- BLOCKED MY ASS!
    The Writing Variations on the Same Take Guy- I know him hahah!
    The Try To Hard Borderline Creepy Guy-two many of them!
    The Popular Guy- HE a hottie but he really smart I know who your talking about! LOL
    I LOVE The Geezer!
    The Pretty Boy he my enemy I told him str8 up ! HE an ash whole! I also know this other guy ugh... he gross thou!
    The Contrarian- I can totally be this guy! hahah
    The Boy!! hahah too many to know!!
    UGHHH I HATE THESE GUYS! The Male Rights Guy!

The Honestly Looking For Advice Guy <<<< THESE GUY! I LOVE THEM!
    What about the funny crazy guy? MAX!

• lol you would love the Old Geezer

Crazy funny guy? i probably grouped him with the popular guy?

• Yeah I love them! haha But max is so that guy!

• Awesome take 😂😂

• You forgot the "rape manual writer guy".

• A word about taxonomy... when you invent so many categories that each male poster is sui generis, your categories have failed their intended purpose. Cut back to four or five and watch that theory tighten right up.

• Yay male rights guy is the majority of men on this site in my experience... so weird to me and i always end up commenting on their takes, comments or questions i get sucked right into the nonsense. They can come across as subtly bitter jealous and woman hating -_-
    8) I've come across the few black males on this site cause there are very few i agree.
    yeah you and a few other guys definitely write variations on the same take and it is always some overthinking piece about male female interactions lmao, also this guy overlaps with the male rights guy

• well that's just ignorant lol

• I'm not saying u write about male rights I'm just saying some who do write about male rights, write overly analytical (IMO) takes about male female relationships as well. Wasn't saying u fell into that category :(

• the bit about writing variations on the same take. i really try to cover as much new ground as i can

• What, no "the guy with a boner" guy? Tappin keys with one hand & fapping peen with the other!

• Omg this is so true, I loooove the anon guy too. (If you're talking about who I think u are)

• For some reason I like those questions asked by guys (or girls) that are sexual but also strangely pure and innocent. I'm scrolling through questions that are racist, sexists or just plain stupid and there is always that one question like
    "Do girls like it when you gently bite their butt?"
    "What kind of foreplay do girls enjoy?"

Bless you "guy that genuinly cares about their partner's pleasure" bless you

• I laughed out loud at the "constantly complaining that Americans are mean to him" 😂 I've answered quite a few of those questions.
    Dude, the males right guys are too numerous here. Everywhere you go there's a bitter woman hater (see what I did there)
    Lol, those don't understand irony people are the worst. They kill the mood of fun all the time.

Great MyTake!

@OrdinaryGentleman which are you?

• OMG I loved this so much, made me laugh several times ahaha. Come across every single type you wrote down. 😂😂😂 Please make a Girls on GAG take if you know enough about them. 😋

• I have been on GAG since 2008 and yeah pretty much.

• This is hilarious :)

• Ha funny Take! I have encountered some of these before so I might know who you are referencing.

• Funny take. Do us girls now!

• Nice Take 😀 I also wanna know which guy (s) were you thinking of when you wrote this !
    P. S: which category would you like to place yourself?

• how thorough. now i want to know which users fall under which categories according to you. :D

What Guys Said 34

• I'm a mix of "The Honestly Looking For Advice Guy" and "The "I Call BS" Guy"

• Hahaha!!! Good stuff
    I'll be fighting ass kissin' wks now

• can't decide which of these i'm supposed to be, but i sure know which ones i'm not lol

• So which one are you? lol

• I must be the "charismatic upbeat black guy"!

Although I do talk about race topics and other 'controversial' topics. :-P

• I dunno where I fit into this. I'd guess I'm a "whatever the fuck" guy. I mean, really. Like, whatever.

• Good take - There is an element of truth in a lot of those groups

• You've got a take for every individual guy on the website nearly lol.

• I'm not so sure which one I am.

• I really can't figure out what category or "type" of guy I fit in according to your entire list of different types, that is if I actually even fit in any category at all according to your list.

I think I'm the 'I Really Don't Give a Fuck Anymore' type of guy, well from my perspective of myself anyway. I don't think I even fit any of those categories you have stated at all if any at all.

• I use to be the popular guy on here. Then i got really busy with life. Coming back on now I am annon guy. Not shy for those who know me. Just like the mask and mystery that is all.

• isn't it all a mystery though given it's still an online thing?

• True.

• Which one am i?

• Lookin' forward to types girls on GAG.

• "The Charismatic Upbeat Black Guy"

the fuck

• Don't forget the "I'm not good enough. Girls will never like me" guys

• So, I'd probably be a mix of the contrarian, the honestly looking for advice guy, and, well I'm not an MRA (they're too whiny), but I'm not afraid to call some people out on their bullshit.

• So I'm shy.
    In real life I actually am tbh.

• You missed a couple and this is the majority of men on gags:

1. The White Knight- This guy will make ridiculous mytakes of how awesome girls are and spend his time messaging random girls, attacking guys who form an opinion that differs from any female, and will respond gleefully to any female that leaves a response to his oppinion on a mytake or question.

2. The sellout- A variation of the white knight with the added feature of bad talking his own gender and saying majority of guys are shit. Any male/female gendeer based question will have a guy like who thinks by bashing his own gender and getting females to respond positively to him will one step make hi closer to getting a girlfriend/laid.

3. The I'm different guy - This guy is a variation of the sellout but with the added characteristic of making it clear that he is different from other guys and therefore special. This guy will insult his own gender and attack males on gender base question and make a point that he is not like "typical" guy and therefore girls should see him as special and unique and should date him. He doe this sneakily though and uses snide remarks, passive aggressive responses at males at gag to get his point across.

• Laughed at "female equality". Good take though :)

• Female equality, what? Equality among females? Other than your male rights guy's conspiracy thing it's all fine. You sound like a tinfoil fedora feminist when going on about conspiracy BS.

• More from Guys
    14