Thank You for Being Nice

Thank You for Being Nice

I found my way to GaG this year because I liked the concept of being able to openly ask questions or share ideas with other people and to get almost immediate feedback from people who generally don't know you or have their own agenda with you as it pretains to your personal life. It was nice to hear when you'd given advice and someone was really appreciative or you felt as though you may really have helped this person. I've had my share of ups and downs in this life and a huge part of my life is about sharing what wisdom I may have with others and passing along that knowledge. I found GaG fun and enjoyable for me, until like most people at some point, I began to run into people who only wanted to troll, or make fun of a topic or responders, down vote just to downvote, or just throw around whatever sexual inuendo they could for even the most innocuous of topics. It was and is frustrating especially when I see this in response to people who I know just came to get help with an issue or problem that maybe they aren't able to get help from in their off the internet lives.

All is not lost, however, because there are many many of you on GaG, too many to list, who I continuously see giving good advice, being supportive, lending an ear, and even when you disgree, you never make it ugly or personal, but rather you have debates and discussions about the topic at hand and end the conversations in friendship. There are people in my life that have shown me the utmost kindness and care, and when I see sparks of that on GaG, it really does remind me of my friends and that there is still hope in this world and there are still people who care.

Thank you guys for being so very nice. Thank you for waking up and deciding to be more friend, than foe. Thank you for helping someone out, more than you may even realize. Thank you for taking time out of your day to respond with well thought out answers and for sometimes even shutting down others you see who are trolling or being completely rude or nasty. I hope that you take that spirit with you into 2016 and with you always, even off GaG to help or advise someone in your own lives who may need your help.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Mother Teresa

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• Great post. Thank you! :D

• Wow thanks so much.

• You're welcome, Ms. Anonym. 8-)

• Nice take - I think it shares most peoples' view of GaG thankfully

• Kudos to you b/c you're definitely one of the people who inspired this post.

• Aw that is a very nice compliment

• There are many nasty people on this site, but you are welcome :]
    I hope you don't cross paths with them. Haha

• I think that she did a really good job for being anonymous. It shows that those are not the feelings of just one specific GAGer, but pretty much everyone else around here. We are here because we are happy to be here. We help because we were helped. We advise because we were advised. We love because we were loved here <3

• Thanks for your comments. Very nice comment about GaG and it's helpful people, and very true.

• Good post!

• Very thoughtful Take... I think GAG is a much better community with people like yourself acknowledging genuine people!

• well honestly I m not nice... strait with ma intentions

• Yay, more insults...

• I believe most people are decent once you get past their quirks. If they feel like they are being listened to they can be supportive (even when they disagree). As for the trolls out there... they are just angry at the world and themselves.

• Good "thank you note." Some on here really do want to help.

• No, Thanky YOU for being such an amazing community member!

• Thanks you, and thanks to you as well ;)

• Reveal yourself , fair lady , as this is a great post. Yes , I'm a hardcore cynic & also on the aloof & distant side , but your words are true , I deal hard with bullies & dickheads in real life , as well as online , I'm only harsh towards those that deserve it !!

• You are very welcome, nice Take :)

• Why post something so wonderful anonymous? Beautiful take.

• Very nice take. It was very warm, nice and inspirational. It was also touching and very sincere. Their is always still nice people on their. I met many online and in real life.

What Girls Said 6

• Well thank you too.
    I actually try to help and I always give honest opinions/answers.

• Love this, its so thoughtful of you to make a take to all the gagers out there!

• You seem really nice yourself :)

• HAHA I wrote a song for my boyfriend and "Thank you for being nice :)" was part of the lyrics o_o

• Wonderful Take! Shame you are in anon because I'd have followed you. I get downhearted when I answer a question to give advice thinking I'm helping someone , but it turns out to be a troll question. I don't lose hope though because at least some genuine soul may see my opinion and make use of it

• Yes, it's sad that the trolls have nothing else to do but bother everyone else, but it's refreshing and wonderful to read takes where everyone is being helpful and chiming in, or someone gave some really stellar advice definitely worthy of MHO.

• your welcome 😊