A Guide to Writing a Good myTake

A Guide to Writing a Good myTake

Writing helpful/informative myTakes is beneficial, not only for other people, but also for you. You have the chance of becoming a GAG editor, getting your myTake promoted, or even getting your myTake featured (which gives you 50 or 150 XPER points, respectively).

So, how exactly do you write a good myTake? Here are some tips.

Pick a controversial topic.

The reason myTakes are called "myTakes" is because they are your opinion, or "take", on a topic. Picking a controversial topic, possibly from recent news events, will attract readers and give them a good insight on the event.

Use correct grammar.

No one likes a lazy writer. Be sure to use correct grammar/mechanics. No one will want to read your writing if you don't use the right grammar and spelling. Read both of these sample introductory paragraphs:

Why cats make the best pets

who says that dogs are mans best friend? cats are way better. they have good companeonship..... and they are also very affectinite!!!

Why Cats Make the Best Pets

Who says that dogs are man's best friend? Cats are way better. They are great companions and are very affectionate!

The second paragraph is much easier to read. Honestly, if I clicked on a myTake and saw that it was written like the first example, I would just leave.

Use lots of visuals.

Adding pictures, graphs, and other visuals to your myTake will spice it up and make it more interesting and definitely more eye catching. Look on the internet or create your own!

NEVER disable the opinions!

There is an option to disable opinons from one gender or from everyone. It is NOT a good idea to do this. People get frusturated when they cannot share their thoughts. It ruins the whole myTake experience if the readers cannot contribute their opinions on what you wrote.

I hope my tips help you to write a helpful myTake! Good luck!

-Catalie

Catalie is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• Indeed, when I write up clickbait that people will get upset about, the comments and opinions flow in.

• Pretty much.
    I personally just write what I like, I don't care if it's popular or not.

• everyone's takes get's featured as long as they have ok grammar and essay structure. that's about it.

• i don't think the take has to be controversial, but it doesn't hurt. the 1 thing you forgot is being well thought out. i see a lot of mytakes that just give out shitty advice overall. it's just a bunch of words that don't usually say anything or say the complete opposite of what it should be or wrong completely. but a lot of people pass it over as a good take pretty much because they are reputable gaggers and/or admin/editors or they wrote a lot of words and used pictures

• Yeah that's true. If it isn't well thought out, it doesn't really do any good

• Nice Mytake, good advices.

• 1. Talk shit about something you know nothing about. Be sure to do ZERO research.

2. Get some GIFS. The fewer clothes or stupider the image the better.

3. ?

4. Promoted Take.

• Rule #5 : Never post as an anonymous user. It makes you look retarded.

• Perfect. Last point is for Xper hunters, no? :P

• I agree with most of your take except the first one - You can write a controversial take if you want to get a lot of views or attention but sometimes on my old account, I used to write about things I felt passionate about - I would put a lot of time and effort into them because I felt strongly about it - If only 10 people read it and enjoyed it, so be it - There came a time when I had so many points that points were no longer an issue and I could write for enjoyment - It was a very beneficial and creative time for me on GaG

• Yeah that's great! Writing about something you are passionate about can be even better then a controversial topic because it is something you feel strongly about. Then it has more meaning to you.

• Controversial takes will be easily promoted even if the content is not that solid.

What Girls Said 2

• Sadly grammar and spelling is my weakest points. :(

The only mytake I've written that got A LOT of replies, was when i wrote about the difference between Europe and the USA.

Guess people like to prove the person who wrote it wrong and a bunch of other things. So in a sad way it's like you have to piss people on gag off to get them to reply and to have a mytake become extremely popular.

• Yeah sadly that's how it works most of the time

• It's easy to use topics that will piss people on gag off. Since A LOT of them are extremely sensitive.

• Meh but I don't like controversial topic! There mostly boring hahah!