5 Reasons Why Having Internet Friends is Amazing

Internet friends, a good idea or not? If you ask me, I wouldn't hesitate in saying yes. it's easy to bond and make connections with people on the Internet. These people, who are more than a few states away or even countries away, can become a very important part of your life. Internet friends are just as good to have as a real friend, and they have their own perks with it as well. Here are 5 reasons why having internet friends is amazing:

1. They get your obsessions

Let's be honest, you probably met your internet friends by bonding over something that is your secret love. When everyone else doesn't care that your favorite YouTuber put out a new video, or what happened in the latest episode of your favorite show, or when your favorite singer has new music; they pretty much get you. They're there to cry and freak out and yell about it with you, and that feels awesome.

2. Great moral support

This is my favorite thing about having internet friends. Internet friends care about you and accept you the way you are. They're always there for you to make your days brighter. You can expect text messages from them, full of bright emojis and smileys to make you feel better and smile. You can always count on feeling better after talking to them.

3. You can tell them everything

Sometimes there are things that you just cannot tell your closest real life friends because you fear they'll judge you or tell other people in your life. This is a different thing when it comes to Internet friends. They are your own personal human diary, they understand you because they might be dealing with the same issues you're dealing with.

4. You can talk to them when no one else is up

Time zones are the worst! I absolutely hate time zones! Yes, they can be a pain sometimes, but sometimes they play to your strengths. When you're the one ahead, and you're having a sleepless night, they're available. And if you got up too early, they'll be up waiting to hear from you. They will be zombies with you, that's for sure!

5. You have a dream of meeting them

It is only fair that after all the shared stories and long Skype calls, you want to meet them in person. You just cannot wait to hug them and tell them how awesome they are for being your friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it! These are only 5 short reasons why it is amazing to have internet friends. I hope you enjoyed reading this!

* I want to dedicate this myTake to a special group of people I've met here on GAG. They've been with me through sad and happy moments. I want to take a minute thank them for dealing with my crazy self! They know know who they are no need to tag them. I love you guys! 😘

Do you have internet friends? Have you met them in person?

Clarisa_ is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• I'll agree with you half way. I personally do not try to create friendships through the Internet anymore, though I have many people that I consider "friendlies": I like them, I like talking to them, and I'm friendly with them, but I wouldn't say friends. I really don't like calling people I've never met my "friends" even if we may get along like that. I think I stopped doing that a long time ago.

True, the Internet brings people together in some pretty amazing ways, but for me, until I actually meet you face to face and continue a relationship with you that way, I don't consider you my friend. And really though, there are too many instances of things going downhill with people you meet online. From murder to relationship drama with a third party. So for me while I like talking to people on the Internet, I still prefer to make real friendships and build relationships in real life with people I know I can see and get intimate with (not meant sexually), and not have to worry about long distance or anything like that.

• 3|0
  • I agree but I like my real friends just a bit more, but I mean once I know you y'all for like 10-20 years then we can talk about you being moved up the list.

• Be my friend :D?

• For sure!
    @awilliam360
    @whatthehellamy
    😘😘😘😘

• whoa that girl, long time no see

she used to ask questions everyday haha

• @awilliam360 @whatthehellamy
      you two are awesome. Kisses for you both 😚😚😚😚😚😚 haha

• Awww thank you wolf xx

• A couple people here helped me jot down my trip to Bangkok for this Summer, we also made plans for meeting up :)
    A person gave me real good advice when I was having life troubles, thanks for that, if you know who you are ;)
    A handful of people I talk to almost daily or used to talk to, admire you all :)
    Nice buds.

• But my real friends are like internet friends... Seriously you should see the shit my roommates and I share when it's social night. It's all of the same geeky/ absofuckingloootly fucked up grain :P

• Internet friends are awesome, my best internet friend I have known for almost 10 years now. I went over to the US to meet her back in 2010, it was one of the best times of my life.

• Haha wow, nice myTake. I have a best friend over the internet, and that was really nice to read.

• Thanks for article can i be one of ur enternet friends 😉

• I'm friendless both in internet and in real life... even if I have friends for some certain period of time I'm unable to keep friendships alive... but why should I care if they don't like ma personality? I use 'em as much as they use me... then it's all over...

Anyway I really liked those cartoons in number 2... dunno who are they... but I liked 'em...

• The real-life friends and internet friends pics are funny! *laughs* True that almost before one can finish "I am sad," someone will be there (in chat anyway)!

• I agree with you. Good take.
    Yes I have internet friends. And no I haven't met them :(
    Internet friends - this is the reason I'm here on gag :)

Whenever I hear this phrase, it reminds me of this track :D
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPslvBVqJp8

• i like actually doing shit with people and not looking and feeling like a butthole :|

• and they can never touch you down there!

• since I was isolated from my IRL friends by my exgf for a very long time, I ended up talking to guys who played a mobile app I was probably addicted to. we've met on a forum and we left that place because we didn't want to get banned for going offtopic, then we all joined a group on Line and now we're just talking to each other. by now nearly all of us stopped playing that app, we found new games and new things to talk about. there are folks from different nations there and I think we're really good friends by now. what really sucks is I don't think we're ever gonna meet each other but still, they're some of the best people I know and I'm glad I met them, even if it happened on the internet. and honestly this is my biggest inspiration to become somewhat wealthy so I can meet all of them at least once in my life.

• Very true take especially 2,3, 4 and maybe 5 - I am fairly new to the whole internet and social media thing to be honest GaG is the first real good go I gave online friendships - Before that any online connection I had was with people I had met in person before - I have changed a lot on GaG so maybe I will come around to your thinking on 5, I am definitely more positive about it now than when I first started on GaG possibly because I am not a very sociable in real life, I mean in the classic way but in my own way I am, just from society's point of view I would be seen as very quiet and preferring my own company, an introvert.
    thedailyquotes.com/.../...tes-sayings-pictures.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...bc1e0f3983.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...227ee892d6.jpg

• This makes me think twice

What Girls Said 13

• Love this! You have some excellent points here, and that's why I love my Internet friends as well. :)

• I love my internet friends!
    A lot of the ones I've known for years online have my instagram and stuff.

• I think having internet friends is great !! I have one & i really want to meet him oneday...

• I wouldn't say I have made internet "FRIENDSSSSS" but I like that the internet or people here on the net, specially in GAG have provided such support to my questions, that is pretty nice I find :-) Although I haven't made "internet friends" per say, I have met people who have similar interests and understanding, which is pretty cool. Nice Mytake :)

• yes! i have a friend from Australia that i've been talking to for about 6years. she knows more about me than my friends and gives better advice. and i have a friend from germany that im going to know for a year soon. also, it makes you more likely to travel to their country or state and learn new cultures.

• I enjoyed reading it nice take

• In my opinion internet friends are more of an illusion , a product of todays society , though of course there are exemptions. The best is real, genuine, loyal friends that will be there for you ( next to you) when you need them and help you when you need them. Sadly this is rare, fake friends are way more than real friends

• I met someone who is on the Internet and irl and that person hates me

• I LOVE INTERNET FRIENDS!😄😄❤❤🙌🙏

• I never met any of my internet friends in person but I do have a few online who have had the same problems Iv went through and the same interests as me

• *looks at picture on no. 2*

I feel like... The purple like.. Reminds me of someone. XD lmao

• This is all very true but I also I to turn them into real friendships and not just online friends

• This is so true I love it!