GaG Writing Contest Winners Announced!

GaG Writing Contest Winners Announced!

We gave novice writers everywhere a chance to flex their literal muscle with May's "first story" writing competition, and we've now decided on the winners.

As previously explained, we wanted pieces that were of good quality, that engaged the community, and that could spread far and wide. In addition to artistry and creativity, we also wanted to see really interesting premises that would appeal to a large number of people; i.e., universal concepts. We saw a great many submissions and some of them were fantastic, which is why this wasn't an easy decision. The good news is that if you didn't win, you can always look forward to the next writing competition (which might kick off in June).

So anyway, I know you're all anxious to know who won, so here are the winners of the first, second and third prizes:

3rd Place: +500 XPER

Girl: And Then Two Dark Pink Lines Appeared... by @ScorpioMoonChick

Guy: The First Time I Ate a Meatball: A Truly Harrowing Story by @QuarterNote

2nd Place: +1,000 XPER

Girl: My First Panic Attack: The Day I Thought I Was Going to Die by @MandyRuth

Guy: My First Time Watching Someone Die: Oh, the Frailty of Life by @OlderAndWiser

1st Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card

Girl: My First Gripping, Existential Crisis: Her Name is No-Face by @karahiri

Guy: What It's Like To Be Homeless For the First Time In Your Life by @ManOnFire

Congrats to all the winners and we hope even more of you will participate the next time around! If you just keep writing and expressing yourself, everything will get better. ;)

Fathoms77 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 13

Congrats to all the winners. You guys wrote some amazing stuff. I hope this contest continues because I can't wait to read more.

• Thanks so much! And a big congrats to all the other winners! What an honour :)

• Congratulations to all the winners. It was interesting to read these Takes. I hope the contests becomes a regular thing. It definitely gets more people writing.

• @ManOnFire Congrats!! U deserved it, since ur mytake was so awesome!

• Congrats to All the Winners Who Worked Really Hard to Make it in the Spotlight! I Wish I had Found the Time to Really Concentrate on the Contest, But Everyone here, dear, Already knows my "First time" Story in Egypt with a Fairy Tale Marriage to a Muslim Man. lol
    Good luck and Great Going, @Fathoms77 xx

Congo to all the winners 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 all these girls and guys are well-deserving people.
    Once again, Congrats🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

Iesha Ahmed
    Miss Universe Teen 2016

• Congrats to the winners! all were such great takes.

• Congratulations guys! Your writing talents put mine to shame 😱
    g.mastergreetings.com/congratulations/010.gif

• ahhh!!! thank you so much!!! :D :D :D :D :D

• Awesome job everyone. Congrats!

media.giphy.com/media/oBsRsvl2EfHMI/giphy.gif

• Congratulations!

• Congrats to all the winners, you guys deserved it! Don't think I'll be putting myself out there again, I tried something new but it wasn't to be I don't think, oh well.

• I liked yours

Negative feedback? People seem to like it. Well...
      It's your personal choice.

@YourFutureEx well it was half and half on comments from the handful of people who bothered to read it but yeah I also got some PM's too. Which is the downfall of posting as yourself. It also was very personal to me and brought up some old feelings. But at the end of the day, the world isn't going to be missing out on my 'talent' because I don't have any, what's the point in trying when you're not good enough anyway.

• Oh my goodness congratulations @ManOnFire I'm happy for you!!

• Me too! This is such great news to walk in the door and see, lol.

What Guys Said 12

• @karahiri YOU WON!!! I KNEW SHE WOULD!!

• Everyone who has written something well done, esecially the 6 winners

• OMG, I wasn't sure I would win, I can't believe it! Thanks so much GaG community and staff!!!

• congrats to everyone and good job

• karahiri's writing makes the rest look elementary

• Congratulations to all of the winners :D

• Congrats to the winners, though I think there were women myTakes that had better ones that were submitted.

• What the- Wha? I'm so honored; I honestly didn't expect for my story to go anywhere!!! Thank you!!!

• Not surprised to be honest. I'm no match to most writers here.

• Not surprised.

So much talent.

• Oh yeah right... there was such a thing.
    .. well congrats.

• Too bad I didn't have time to read all theentries :'(
    Just reading the titles gives me goosebumps.

Congrats peeps :) keep writing awesomeness 👍