3 Types Of People You Should Avoid On G@G!

Types Of People You Should Avoid On G@G!!!

1.People who resort to name-calling

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates

One of the things people notice about me is that I focus on the arguments that someone presents and not the person; also known as playing the ball not the man. Of course, I’m not perfect but I do make an effort to stay civil in what I write.When a person is name-calling, they have abandoned intelligent conversation in favor of emotional outburst. In an indirect way, they are informing you that they are not interested in problem solving, compromise, personal improvement, meaningful debate or mutually beneficial conversation.

Experience has taught me that not being civil almost always derails any rational exchanges. I find this behavior highly offensive and have to stop myself from responding with the same tone of the original poster. I've always believed that people use name-calling as an argument when they cannot support their point of view and wish only to intimidate their opponents.Name-calling is one of the most common tactics people use to hurt others or disparage them. It often occurs when someone has an emotional argument to make with little or no supporting logical argument.When people don't have any substantive arguments, they resort to name-calling.

2. Trolls

I have to admit some of the troll questions are hilariously funny and I often enjoy them. But the majority of them are blatantly racist and often sexist.

3. Racist People

If the first words out of your mouth are to cry ‘political correctness!’, … chances are very, very high that you are in fact part of the problem. - N.K. Jemisin

Language has long played a role in race relations. The words one uses have the power to offend others or honor them. Given the importance of language, it’s no wonder that in the 21st century, Americans still debate whether slurs such as the N-word should be used, the appropriate labels for racial minority groups or which expressions to avoid because they have roots in racism. Using inoffensive language isn’t just about political correctness, it’s about valuing others and building bridges with people from a variety of ethnic backgrounds.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

There is only 2 kinds of people to avoid in here:
    Men and women.

Tell me about especially when they call you ignorant for your own opinions

Your take is a good call if you engage but over my time here I find myself very rarely venturing into discussion the longer I am on GaG - I will give my opinion alright and if someone supports it, I will say "Thanks" but if they discussion gets intense even it is polite I will say "Agree to disagree" and if rude I will disengage. The only thing that can describe is you get GaG spidey senses (like Spiderman) and you get the feeling this won't end constructively. I may be wrong 7 times out of 10 about potential arguments but usually stick to this is my view, that is your view let other users read them and make up their own mind.

If someone stirs an emotion in you, there's a good chance that you stir the same emotion in them, albeit from the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of point of view. So yes, by being aware of that, you can stop arguments from happening in about 99% cases. Lao Tzu: "Because he (the Sage) opposes no one, no one in the world can oppose him." Of course, most people enjoy the sport of it. But usually it does harm in the long term: It takes a lot of mental energy, negative emotions and a sense of opposition, and thoughts and counter arguments occupy your mind.

You can get right the heck out with political correctness. Some people are too overly sensitive and need to learn how to ignore something they don't like or agree with.

Amen!

great take!!!

I've seen a few of those people here, I always avoid them.

Thanks brah. Feel like I can now safely browse the interwebs.

sounds good

What Girls Said 7

Amen to this.

You forgot sexist women or sexist men lol otherwise great take :)

Lots of sexism here too from some guys who can't get laid

What about guys, who never get laid but aren't sexist?

Block buttheads and buttholes.

Don't forget about 4. Catfish.

Great take but Trolls are unavoidable --.--

Not only on GaG but real life too.