Top 5 Most Annoying Types Of Questions On GAG

Nick Young's face here ⬆️ describes what I look like when I come across these types of questions.

Not only is it annoying and funny, it buries all the good and fun questions from being more visible.

1. Rant Questions

It's not really a question because it doesn't ask for advice or for more information. It looks like a Facebook status or a tweet complaining about something. It might sounds like a rhetorical question that does not really have an answer. For example, "why do (certain) people do...?" It's just a rant and it welcomes users who agree with them to share opinions. God forbid, if you disagree or call them out on it because they might block you or insult you. It might even make them more bitter towards you. They are generally upset about something they just came across.

2. Mind Reading Questions

Sometime rant questions do sound like mind reading questions also. For example, "why doesn't he like me?" These questions ask you to read someone else's mind. No one is a mind reader. Barely anyone here knows who you are talking about and most of us don't know you either so we can't make an accurate prediction of what they are really thinking because we aren't familiar with the whole picture. For example, the most common question on here is "Does s/he like me?" and then there is details about it. If the details make it obvious that s/he likes you or doesn't like you then why would you ask this? If it sounds confusing, we are confused too because we don't have access to his/her brain.

3. Google-able Questions

These questions can be Googled. Users on GAG are not the Google search engine. Why waste our time by trying to make us Google something for you? I can't believe you would waste your question limit on something that can easily be googled. For example, "how long is the average penis?" can be searched up on Google.

4. Repetitive Questions

My answer won't change, no matter how many times you ask the question. It's annoying if you have to answer a question multiple times. These questions are generally asked about preferences. For example, "boobs or butt," "tall or short girls," and etc. People's preferences are not going to change every time you ask the question over and over again. Before you ask a question, please use the search feature on GAG to look up the question and the answers for it.

5. Ignorant Questions

These questions show that the asker didn't use any common sense before asking the question. Sometimes, they answer their own question without even realizing it. Even rant questions and mind reading questions are ignorant too because they didn't bother coming up with all the possible reasons on their own. For example, "Can white girls rap?" Seriously, do you honestly think race has an effect on rapping?

Bonus

Is it Normal or Weird Questions

Normal and weird are definitions made up in an individual's mind. What someone calls weird might be normal to you or vice versa, so you shouldn't ask us what we think is weird or normal.

#Rant

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 12

I agree.

Please don't leave. ;-;

Lol true

hah! "can white girls rap?" saw that question

I'm so guilty of #3, I solely do it to engage on this site. I know Google is the best source to get my answer, but I still want to know what users can come up with.

Thank you. This was well needed.

4 point- you can add "what do you think of Turkey and Turkish people" questions to the list.

In how do I look section, many girls with perfect bodies ask questions like 'do I look fat?' I mean seriously? This is another level of insecurity/low self esteem.

Gosh... I couldn't agree more with EVERYTHING you wrote.

Some other questions I also find very annoying that weren't listed above:
    - Am I pretty?/ Do you think I'm fat? --> Read: Seeking attention/ fishing for compliments
    - Which girl/guy is the prettiest/most handsome/cutest, etc? --> Like, srsly... who the F cares? The Asker does, apparently.

You forgot Turkey questions, how could you? 😂

Nice Take though! AGREED.

They definitely fall under the repetitive questions lol. Thank you 😊

I hate the "Do You Think I'm Pretty/Hot" questions...

OR

(won't say names lol) questions that are just *really* to brag.

I do the last one. This was a great article. :3

This is so true

What Guys Said 8

How could you forget the Turkey questions?

Don't forget the vaunted "what so you think of turkey/Turkish people?" questions 😑

I don't think you should have included
    #1 Google-able Questions
    &
    #2 Repetitive Questions

#1 We KNOW about Google and that's how most of us found this site. If we had to Google, we'd not have signed up here. We want "personal opinions & conversations" & want their "perspective" to solve our problems which is out of Google's league.

#2. Every person has same problems/difficulties directly or indirectly. We are not here to use the search bar. We want to ask it ourselves so that we'd further reply for deeper issues. Yes, same person asking same question is annoying but different people asking the same question isn't.

ok if i google what diapers are good for my babies i will get 10 diff results saying they are the Number 1 brand. now if i come on here and ask it possibilities of an actual mother/father answering a good brand is possible.

In this case, yeah your question is acceptable. But sometimes people here don't have a good excuse.

What is the question?

I see what you mean

Very true, nice take

This is why I'm about to leave this place.. I already got a warning for being rude to them.. Nick Young's face is on point!