Thigh Gap Or Not You Are Still Beautiful

Okay so let me begin on the topic of...

Thigh gaps

So I know this topic is so overused and cliché, but I got this idea to write this by this one blog I read.

Pretty recently I came across this thing called a thigh gap. Of course, I already knew what this was but apparently there are girls out there who are obsessed with getting one, and guys out there who are obsessed with them for whatever reason.

So I bet must of you already know what a thigh gap is, but for those of you who don't thigh gaps are basically a space between your thighs. It's not something that you can get, it has to do with your bone structure. Keep in mind that thigh gaps are not a determination of weight.

What I find so horrible is that there are actually blogs out there that all are about How TO become anorexic to get a thigh gap.

Here's the Wikipedia definition of a thigh gap:

"A thigh gap is a space between the inner thighs of some women when standing upright with knees touching. A thigh gap has become an aspect of physical attractiveness that has been associated with fragility and femininity."

Hell no thigh gaps do not determine your beauty.

Thigh gap or not you are beautiful.

I put together a list of reasons and sayings to why you don't need a thigh gap to be beautiful:

"No thigh gap No problem"

Marilyn Monroe's thighs touched and she was adored by thousands.

I found this funny, something Andrea Russet said in quotes:

"Why are thigh gaps a thing?"

"What are thigh gaps?"

"Why do people want a thigh gap?"

"My thighs are friends, they like to be close together."

You know at the end of the day do you think that you will be happier, prettier, or smarter if your thigh gaps don't touch? Probably not.

So I hoped you enjoyed this Take. This is for all the girls out there who don't think they're beautiful without a thigh gap. I honestly find thigh gaps so overrated they're literally just a space between your thighs it makes not difference what so ever if you have one or not.

99percentangel is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

• That top picture is just awful. How does anyone find that attractive? That person is clearly ill.

• Yup, I agree. Thigh gaps are a complete nonissue for me. I couldn't care less if a girl has them or not.

• Cliche? I've never even heard of "thigh gap" as a metric of beauty.

• In the "define beauty" picture, the one on the left is literally also a thigh gap.

And I've never heard anyone talk about thigh gaps in real life.

• Lol no the girl on the left does not have a thigh gap her legs and thighs are close together.

• She has a tiny space on the top part of her thighs but that is not considered a thigh gap. A thigh gap is a space between the inner thighs.

• Lol you get what I'm talking about?

• I must admit that I really like thigh gaps, but those occurring in girls who are naturally quite skinny (not induced by an eating disorder -- that top picture looks very bad). The two women I dated who had them included a ballet dancer and another really into yoga, both extremely flexible, and extremely energetic.

That said, thigh gap girls tend to not have such round and shapely derrieres. Girls who kind of fill the gap often do, and I like them round butts too. So I think there's merits both ways.

In any case, people with an eating disorder are generally unattractive. You can see how their appearance is kind of a cheap imitation of the real deal. There should be more love for healthy physiques of all shapes and sizes, provided that they're healthy.

The biggest emphasis on beauty should be, above all else, health -- thigh gap or not.

• Yeah. I still don't get what's so attractive about thigh gaps but you know that's your opinion, and I agree with the rest of what you said.

• For me, since my body is kind of shaped for power and high-intensity activities, I find it interesting to see a body shaped by flexibility and more graceful kind of motions. That said, I find girls who are muscular and have a similarity with me there to also be appealing -- so there's appeal in both similarity and contrast.

• Yes -- just like that. :-)

• GUYS DONT CARE !!!

in my 24 years on this planet i have never once heard any of my mates refer to a womans thigh gap like " here pal, you see that bird Sarah she was well fit but her dam lack of a thigh gap dosney do it for me. It makes be boke" * in a scottish accent*

most of us guys are more intrested in yer dam arse or whats between yer legs !!!

all im done

media0.giphy.com/media/oFNzV4sEhuezK/giphy.gif

• Did you see one of the girls comment? She said a guy refused to date her just because she didn't have a thigh gap. Smh I'm so done right now.

• To be honest, id take a girl with thick meaty thighs over thigh gap any day, especially a soccer players or dancers thighs

• Do not like thigh gaps unless they are your NATURAL body type
    And no one had that naturally

• Agreed. Just embrace, love, and do what you can with what you got.

• Sorry. Incorrect. You're only beautiful if you have a thigh gap.

• Of course you can be beautiful with a thigh gap, and you can also be beautiful with one. Stop trolling and trying to start a argument. All I have to say is that if you really care that much about thigh gaps you are artificial and not worth my time.

• Without one*

• Open your legs and everyone has a thigh gap

• I honestly hate thigh gaps and only hurt of them on here. I think its stupid and idiotic thing that this generation has come up with as far as attractiviness. Great take tho!

• I love thigh gaps but I don't require a girl to have one. A girl can still be beautiful without it.

• In the myTake you didn't state whether or not you have a thigh gap so I was pretty suprised with your response to me. I didn't think you would be upset over my liking and I didn't intend to make you mad. I don't intend to make people mad on here either. I just read all the opinions on this thread and it looks like you and people here are shaming thigh gaps and people who find it attractive so that's why I said "you people make me feel like I'm crazy".

Just to let you know, not everyone who has a thigh gap is anorexic and is over excercising. There are inner thigh exercise to get a thigh gap. Some people have it naturally. Personally, it's the not the first thing I look at. I personally wouldn't be upset over what people like in a guy and other guys' appearances. it's not a good thing to compare yourself with others. You are fine just the way you are 😃

• I don't get what's so attractive about thigh gaps. I have one, but I don't see what's so special about them. Like mytake owner said they're literally just a space between your thighs.

• Is that really a thing? I never cared if a girl had one or not.

What Girls Said 11

• I feel like thigh gaps are attractive to some guys but never a dealbreaker. I have no desire to have a thigh gap. I just want to be a certain jean size.

• I'll take my thick thighs any day. :)

• :( but I have one... now what?

• It's fine that you have one! Lol Like I said on it with or without one you're beautiful!

• Thank goodness my thigh gap is almost non existent now. I hated having it.

• My dad used to say i have turkey thighs. Some girls dont need to be super skinny to have a thigh gap they just have wide pelvis structure. Me i dont have the bone structure to have thigh gap.

• I actually had a guy refuse to date me because I didn't have one. As far as I'm concerned, the trash took itself out.

• I am relatively skinny... Relatively as in different people have a different perception of my weight (skinny, average, slim, etc.) and I don't have or want a thigh gap. On some girls it admittedly looks good but ehh. Nah

• The first pic is insane. I'm a skinny a lot but not in that point. I had a friend who was almost like the first pic girl and he was natural and I found her in my school bathroom cutting herself in her hands and arms bcs she didn't like her thigh gaps.

• Ugh, nobody irl even cares about that shit.

• I personally have a thigh gap and I don't really like it, don't hate it either but I agree with you I don't see what's so special and attractive about having one.

• I have one and DO like them on other girls :)

• You're making me jealous. I don't have one 😞.

• I mean I find thigh gaps attractive too but what I mean is that you don't have to be attractive and beautiful.

• Beauty is always subjective but unwanted attention I can do without :)