What I Vow To Never Do In A myTake

There are three types of GAG readers on here:

A) The person who reads the entire article.

B) The person who skims through the article.

C) The person who only reads the title and scrolls down to comment.

Usually, person C is the one who creates the most conflict because they are only going off of what they "think" the article is about rather than what is actually being said because they failed to read it.

These types of people create war in your comment section, and almost make it seem as if you have to censor yourself to protect their fragile feelings.

So, to those who like to give many a difficult time on here I will say, that I will never:

1. Sugarcoat myself

Writing is a form of self expression. When I write, I like to put my thoughts out there. I love seeing other opinions because we all come from a different part of the world, which makes the comments that much more interesting to read. Each and every single one of us have a different view point due to our cultural difference, age and experience. I am open to reading other peoples outlooks, however I will not silence myself just because someone has a difficult time tolerating a view that differs from their own.
I promise I'll always be real with myself and others.

I'll never say what's socially acceptable because it seems to be the trend or the popular view.

I am a one woman army and I am strong enough to stand on my own without back up.

I will never sugarcoat!

Well, maybe just my cereal perhaps.

2. Lash out at users before they do so to me

I've seen so many different takes where the writer includes a paragraph explaining themselves to users and their potential "haters". The whole paragraph is usually filled with animosity because they know a lot of angry people are coming their way.

It's almost as if they have to put their battle defenses up before any one enters the war zone.

When myTakers include paragraph's like that in their article, it sets the tone of their writing in a negative light.

They accuse people of being sensitive to words (due to rude responses), but if a writer is already setting this tone in the article aren't they sensitive as well?

Just put your view out there, and be brave to take the backlashing if there is any.

I value my opinion, and others, and don't feel the need to explain myself to any one.

Those who know me very well, will know I never mean harm.

I just have a strong opinion and will stand behind it.

Let those who take offense fire away!

I'm ready for war!

All comments cannot be lovely, that'd only be possible in a perfect world!

Ever writer should know this, and should be prepared for it!

3. Steal other peoples ideas without crediting them

Most writers have inspiration. Sometimes they will read an article and then it will give them an idea on a topic they should write about. If you're going to write something strikingly similar to what the original writer wrote then give them credit.

It's only fair!

You'll never catch me stealing any one else's ideas.

As someone that has written well over 100 myTakes all of my ideas are original and those that interested me. Self expression has often been a hobby of mine, so often I am my own outlet; unless privately messaged to cover a topic by those who take liking to my writings.

You'll never catch me stealing anyone's idea. Even if I were to draw inspiration from someone else, I'd credit them for it.

I bring originality, confidence, and non-sugarcoated outlooks!

I wouldn't have it any other way!

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• "What I Vow To Never Do In A myTake"

You're right, it's better not to post porn in a mytake, lesson learned.

• Stacy, this is so spot on! And so like me! I have definitely noticed all 3 of those kinds of people who respond to Takes, and I love to put them on the spot and ask, "You didn't even read the whole Take, did you?" It's so true, they are no better than the Anon trolls. I don't think most people on GaG even read full Takes, they usually just want to respond in opposition or malice.

And it's true, everybody here is a group thinker, trying to ride the waves of someone else's writings. And I get so sick of everybody posting "5 Things" this or "10 Reasons Why..." I NEVER put numbers in my Takes or try to make them list-like, it's overdone and really very boring like something any of us could read in Cosmo or GQ.

My motto is to stay real, and I try to help other people do the same. I don't run from people here, I don't ever post Anon, I don't hide and don't have a reason to. When I have something to say I say it and show my face and don't care who doesn't like it or who blocks. I can face my battles.

This was awesome, I've wanted to write something similar but you pretty much covered it all.

• Well said! :)

• Cool

• I am person C and I went to commenting here right away as well. The only things I will never do in a myTake is read the whole thing. OK kidding.

• Sugar-coated cereal? Ew! XD

• Very good take.
    But would you lash out at users if they lash out at you first? :)

• 1|1
  • They all seem very fair points to me - Well done

• Can i add something to your list?

• Sure , I hope I approve however :)

• Yes, please link me to it.

• Beyonce gif + Profile picture + this sentence "I bring originality, confidence, and non-sugarcoated outlooks" x this whole take = 2sassy4me

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

Also I'm pretty sure that you've got a gun haven't you?

• I don't sugar coat shit. Even my cereal. In fact most cereals have too much sugar to begin with #havetokeepthemabs

• I am finding that very vague headlines that don't contain any controversial words make for better, fewer, more relevant comments. I will endeavor to avoid the words "feminism" and "Trump" in all future myTake headlines.

Also, Corn Flakes taste best without sugar. No hate, just IMHO. ;)

• I'm usually b or c (I was a this time 😛), but what did that have to do with the rest of this take, exactly?

• Good deal.

What Girls Said 6

• Very true. And I concur. =)

• If I'm writing a Take that's controversial, I will always include a sentence or two stating that I won't answer any excessively rude or nasty comments. I'm all for healthy debates and well aware that my opinion on something isn't the only one out there. There are some people that go out of their way to hateful and I won't waste my time on that.

• Love that first point! #nofilter

• Lol I guess I'm person B 😁

• nice my take 😊

• Very good mytake :)