Why It's Okay To Be Anonymous

There has been strong stigma against people who become anonymous for a question, myTake or opinion. I want to show you the good reasons why it's okay for a user to be anonymous.

Wikipedia says...

GirlsAskGuys community is like an experienced, trusted and anonymous best friend of the opposite sex, where users feel safe and comfortable asking for feedback and opinions, no matter if it is personal, embarrassing or just something they’re curious about.

Still Unknown With A Username

Unless you have met the person in real life, you don't know who they are so it doesn't make a difference whether or not you can see their username. S/he could be a catfish for all you know.

Why It's Okay To Be Anonymous

However people who are anonymous tend to give the most honest opinions. If a person decides to be anonymous then there is no point for them to lie or catfish. In fact, anonymous surveys have been effective in getting the most honest responses.

The Asker or MyTake Owner Allows It

If one will be anonymous for a question or myTake then it automatically allows anonymous opinions.

For a myTake...

For a question...
But if one shows his/her username then s/he has the option of whether or not to allow anonymous opinions.

For a myTake...

For a question...

If the asker or myTake owner allows it then it's okay for you to give an anonymous opinion and it's none of your business if there is someone else who gives an anonymous opinion. If you ever allow anonymous opinions on your content then don't get mad if you receive one because you allowed it.

Low Profile

People may dislike what they learn about you for whatever reason. Being anonymous is a good way to avoid haters going against your username.

The Internet can be a dangerous place. Stalkers can learn a lot about you by the opinions you give. Without showing your username, no one can stalk you by the opinions you give because they can't associate anything you write with your username. They could only associate it with one of these pictures...

Sincerely,

The girl who is almost always anonymous

#AnonymousLivesMatter

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

A I rarely allow anonymous answers or opinions, since I'm not interested in rants and racist put downs that you get from anonymous cowards so often.

Also, anonymity means that no one can contact you for advice or invite you to answer their question, because we don't know your Gag 'identity'.

It's true a user name is still anonymous.. but what is the logic in your position? Since you are still essentially anonymous, why the devil are you afraid to post even under your user name?

I don't use it to make rants or racist put downs. I don't use it to be a bitch. I honestly hate it when that happens and it's the admins job to remove those. I don't want to be contacted for advice or invited. I stated my logic, I don't want someone to find out who I am by the opinions I give. There are stalkers here that could harass me. People can give me a racist comments if I talk about my race without being anonymous. You could get haters if you are not anonymous even if you are not a bad person.

I have seen people give rude comments with showing their username. They are still cowards who hide behind the computer.

I used to hate anons but now I understand why people go anon on here. I don't care anymore. People can be rude with and without a username. Hey I'll probably use the feauture once in a while but I'll be nice as usual.

Funny hashtag at the end.

Anyway, I've had too many people troll me or not give serious answers or even just be down right direspectful going anon,. so. I don't allow it on my questions anymore.

Yaaaay anons unite~

Anon, whether blue or pink, is the biggest hypocrite on this site. If you understood that, which I doubt you did, then you wouldn't post anon in the first place.

I just think if you're an asshole or a troll at least stand up and be associated as such. That way the rest of us decent people can either block you or take what you say with a massive pinch of salt. You say you dont? I bet you do... you see? There is no way for me to know without knowing you and what you post, based on the majority of anons here, i'm going to assume you are.

lol i dont judge anons. but i dont feel the need to go anon either. i used to at first but these days i dont go anin anymore

I have never been anonymous, or allowed anonymous opinions here.
    Like you said, I already am anonymous with my username showing.

I also mever go anonymous because I keep it real. And whenever I do contribute, I don't allow anons to reply rither due to those scumbags who use it solely to abuse the site.

What Girls Said 2

I do not go ANON very often but find at Times if I wish to Vent about something on here, dear, I Will... Go Incognito.
    Many people on Gag are very Opinionated and I believe that Others with More of a Pointy Finger, Promote This More in Store, with Why so many Gaggers feel it is Best from the Rest to Hide Behind the Computer Curtain.
    Good luck and Great Going here, dear. xx

Yea, that shit gets annoying when people keep complaining. Like why is who a stranger, who will always be a stranger, so important to you? Even if I have my username, they still don't know me and I still wouldn't talk to them so essentially I'm still anonymous.
    It's stupid, people think this site is Facebook or something.