Good News: Only 36% of GirlsAskGuys Members Are - Or Think They Are - Overweight

Good News: Only 36% of GirlsAskGuys Members Surveyed Are Or Think They Are Overweight (Including Obese)!

Recently, I made a poll titled, "Are you underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese?" Exactly 50% of the responders say they are "normal weight". A 14% of the responders say that they are "underweight". A 23% of the responders say that they are "overweight". And a 13% say they are "obese". So, the percentage of people who say that they are overweight (including obese) is really just 36%, just a little bit over one-third of the sample.

Compare these figures to the overweight and obese population in the United States.

In the United States, the percentage of adults (20 years of age or older) who are overweight (including obese) is 70.7% in 2013-2014, according to the CDC.

A Few Comments:

- The GirlsAskGuys community obviously must have access to a computer and the Internet. So, that may limit the socioeconomic status of the sample, who can probably afford a computer, Internet access, spare time on the Internet; and who probably have the ability to purchase healthier food options, like fresh vegetables and fruits (outside of corn, wheat, soybeans, rice, and cattle) that are not subsidized by the U.S. government.

- The GirlsAskGuys community primarily consists of a younger crowd, mostly people in their teens and twenties. The younger people are, the less likely they are to be overweight or obese.

- The GirlsAskGuys community is an Internet community, so Americans and non-Americans can equally participate on any question, poll, or myTake.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

I think 1/3 is high too be honest

maybe amazon needs to sell gym memberships so we can exchange xper to get gift cards so we can buy gym memberships.

I don't have a gym membership, and I still lose weight. I just eat home-cooked meals, stay away from processed food, and do a regular routine of office work/yard work/house work. I adjust my daily caloric limit of weight loss to fit my daily routine. For me, it's very easy. The problem comes when I need to increase the amount of calories in order to maintain weight, and finding calories can be quite difficult in the natural world. :P

Holy Fuck! I'm among 13% ugly/misfortunate people 😨 😱

Dude, you are only 21 years old. Relax. At that age, you still have a whole life ahead of you. That is the perfect time to lose weight. Your mind is still growing. Your body is still in its prime. If you are overweight now, then you should lose weight ASAP by following a whole plant-based diet of minimal oils, fats, salt, and no added sugar. Reduce portion sizes, and drink a lot of water. Check your weight in a week to see whether the weight has decreased, and make changes. :D

Oh, and by the way, obese does not mean ugly. I know this really obese girl who has a beautiful face and voice. :D

Yeah being underweight with belly fat is a sign of low testosterone and that's not good. Lift some heavy shit and get some steak down you quick!

What Girls Said 1

Yeah good thing I'm not overweight. I should be proud of myself for being normal weight. I'm going to stay that way.

As you grow older, your metabolism will decrease, and it may become harder for you to maintain your weight. So, always watch your weight once a week or twice a month as a normal-weight person. :)