August's Editor of the Month: Here's Who Impressed Us Most

Yes, we were winding up the first GaG Battle Royale so apologies on getting this done a little later than normal. :)

For July, the Editor of the Month honor went to @LittleSally and now we get to choose a new winner for August. As always, we look at a number of things...with "number" being a determining factor in each case: Number of total myTakes, the number of myTakes that got Featured, the number of total views garnered from both members and users, and the number of comments. Of course, quality, consistency and variety matter as well, so there's always plenty to consider!

We also like to spread the love, which is why we really don't give this award to the same person twice in a row (though great Editors could certainly win more than once over time). And yes, I'm well aware that some of you have come very close and near-misses can get frustrating, but with nearly 60 active Editors at any given time and only 12 months in a year...well, the competition is stiff!

Anyway, for August, we've determined that the winner is:

@MissMc3

She wins a $25 Amazon gift card for her efforts, which were much appreciated! Here are 3 of her Takes that did especially well; we like to list these, not merely to pay homage to the winner, but also to show other Editors - and prospective Editors - the types of articles that tend to perform well. And remember, when we say "perform," we're talking about total views in addition to the number of comments.

How Being a Conventionally "Pretty" Girl Has Affected My Life

5 Reasons Why I Have Rejected Guys (It's Not All About Looks, You Know)

Dear Dad, 9 Things I Will Never Forgive You For

And for those of you who think only sex and controversial topics do well on the internet, you should know that last article up there was huge, and bigger than most any other myTake posted in August. Great personal stories have immense trending power online!

So congrats to the winner and as usual, let's take a peek at the other Editors who contributed great stuff during that 31-day period:

@BeeNee

@Defecation

@W31rd0

@smahala1991

@Waffles731

@LittleSally

@ManOnFire

@Luci92

@Stacyzee

@zombiebabe

@pavlove

@legs_n_sheets

@JRICHARDS1996

@ikissedtheskyonce

@RainbowFanGirl

@RJGraveyTrain

@loveisbeautiful

@pervertedjester

@SovereignessofVamps

@Cccgala

Fathoms77 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 8

@Fathoms77 You just didn't want me to post that gif again... Fine be that way http://i.imgur.com/x4LfZHp.gif

good job
    One of these days that title will be MINE

Congratulations @MissMc3. I just read the three Takes linked here and they are all indeed excellent. I bookmarked the one about rejecting guys. I also wonder if anyone checked with you before "outing" you as the author of the anonymously posted one about how being conventionally pretty has affected your life?

Thank you very much! :) No, nobody notified me but it's really fine, I appreciate the recognition although the original intention wasn't for it. I'm really happy when people gain something from my posts, it means a lot :)

Congrats, i enjoy reading your work @MissMc3

A female wins it?

Why am I not suprised despite my short time here?

Congrats to her though...

Congo Mc girl.

Those who didn't win, don't worry. You'll certainly win in under 3 years :P

Wow, Another pink font won. that's a shocker lol

I'd say 2/3 of our most active Editors in any given month is female. It's called math. :P

However, that percentage IS changing. We're seeing more and more quality Takes from guys.

Girls get more attention. I don't think it's admins' fault, it is just how the things work, even in real life :D

@YourFutureEx Yeah, I know that get more attention.

Oh shit, I was almost 100% sure I would win this month...

But I'm second after pavlove. He has 209 and I have 178 MyTakes in total.