3 Things GAG Should Consider

**Advice to GAG from Chico_Brah**

1) Reputation System

Thumbs up and thumbs down should contribute towards reputation. The more reputation a user has, the more power his or her thumbs up/down are counted towards other users reputation. I think this will give users prestige subsiding from solely MHO. The reason MHO is flawed is because GAG offers to close the question without selecting an MHO. Most users on here randomly let GAG choose their MHO after a month passes.

I think users would think twice before posting a lot of the things they do before posting. It would encourage frequent anonymous users to stop hiding and get involved as well. A lot of users add value on this website in other ways than typing out novel level advice. There are some users on here that absolutely crack me up with some of the things they say on opinions. We have this on bodybuilding misc and it works.

2) Being Able to Edit Opinions, Questions, and myTakes.

I understand the reasoning as to why they don't carry edit options, but I can't tell you how many times I've made grammatical mistakes and would like to edit them. Sometimes I forget to post a link associated with my question, and it's just a waste of a question at that point. I think an edit feature should be available for 5-10 minutes after posting your content.

3) Being able to "Quote" others opinions

There is always debate going on in gag and it seems like you're constantly having to refer back to a text and manually copy/pasting what they said, and quoting it yourself. We already have a quote feature on myTakes, it shouldn't be to hard to integrate the code to make this possible on questions.

(11:26AM) Fearlessbanana: Sloots gon sloot bro

Thanks boyos...

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

• 6d

well written take

#makeG@Ggreatagain

1. no. Gag is already a cesspool of circle jerks, popularity contests and drama. You motherfuckers would just downvote those you don't get along with.

2. I agree because I've left out links too and then made my takes or questions incomplete. this has more effect on the takes.

3. Don't get what you mean

There would be a limit on how often you can downvote the same user.

Duck yeah you have writing skills ahhhhh😍

What Guys Said 7

• 27d

This... this is good!

I support 2) and 3)

1) would be exploited too much and is not worth it because somewhere on the planet there will always be some SJW, feminist, MGHOW, religious zealot, lifeless basement dweller, extremist, politically-correct, apache helicopter, haters and misogynist/misandrist, who will get offended by my opinion on the internet. So no thanks.

I don't get 1 and 3... Maybe cause I just woke up from a nap and kinda disoriented, but whatever. I just don't see the point in the 3rd. If people wanna quote, that's their prerogative. The thing is, when people quote, they're quoting what op said. I'm pretty sure most people know what they said... Then again, a lot of people on this site aren't too bright so maybe it would be necessary for some

I really like the reputation idea.
    I don't think they will ever add the options to edit opinions and stuff. We have been asking for that for a long time

I support this

Couldn't agree more, it's like you took the words right out my mouth

I agree with editing opinions, but I think we should have a time limit and all moderators that can hide the content can see the edit history. I also would like a quote system.