Phobias Made In GAG: Do You “Suffer” From Any?

Like people in real life have various phobias, GAG people have phobias in their internet life too:

(In alphabetical order)

1) Anonymophobia: A person, who never allows Anonymous users in his/her questions. For his/her own reasons. But personally I believe they should give them a chance.

2) Creepophobia: Those are usually women. Perhaps they’ve been hit on multiple times in Personal Messages, and possibly as a result, they call any guy here a creep, if they start being a little bit more saucy than usual.

3) Editorophobia: I don’t know if tthis is the correct name, but there are certain people here, who avoid writing more than one sentence in their posts, or posting a MyTake. Usually, they have only a very few questions on their inventory.

4) Followerophobia: There are certain people, who never follow anyone at all, except maybe the two default ones. Guess for their own reasons? Too bored to click follow? Or they just haven’t discovered how you follow someone, yet.

5) Grammarophobia (aka Grammar Nazis): There are certain GAGers (usually the sarcastic ones) , who will correct every single grammar mistake you make, that not even your teachers in your school would do.

6) Giftcardophobia: If there’s one thing in GAG that I dislike, is that some people believe Amazon Gift Cards don’t work for their countries. The only thing that change, are the shipping costs. Well even if you think so, why don’t you give it a try since you have nothing to lose? You won’t regret it, trust me.

7) Guruphobia (coined by YourFutureEx) : This was given to a certain member from here, who had multiple accounts, and he used to delete them before he reached Guru status. Hench the term “Guruphobia”.

8. Masterophobia: Same with Guruphobia. But this time, they delete their account before they manage to reach to Master status. Although there are not such cases here, many people tend to be Masterphobic, since they find the Guru badge cool, and they don’t want to lose it.

9) Minorophobia: There are unfortunately certain people, who discard any opinion coming from an Under 18 year old person. Silly if you ask me, because those people were once minors as well. And sometimes minors can give better opinions than adults.

10) Publicophobia: I guess this is where I belong. It’s about a person who goes always Anonymous, and refuses to post with his/her name.

Do you see yourself somewhere?

74

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• I guess I fall into the followerphobia category. I personally don't have Facebook or Twitter or other social media outlets because I feel like people can get addicted to the instant gratification of having likes and adds and whatever you can get on whatever site you're on. But then a lot of people also get depressed when they don't receive these digital affirmations. I don't get the point of following strangers I don't know in real life

I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi when my friends text me, but I try not to point out grammatical errors online unless the lack of grammar causes the statement or question to be unclear or if someone is asking for grammar corrections and editing. I had a friend tell me he was going to a white castle and I got really jealous until I realized he wasn't going to a real castle and was too lazy to use proper punctuation. (White Castle is a fast food restaurant.) Stuff like that annoys me

• Hahah 😂 Like your post !

• 1. GAG badges are not cool. How pathetic does your life has to be to think so highly of something that is nothing but a word?

2. People who ALWAYS post anonymously are cowards. They never want to take responsibility for their actions and they will never grow up and be adults.

I'm a blue anon-ophobia. Fucking hate those worthless piece of shits. Mostly weirdos and virgin misogynists.

• I'm publicophobia. Don't even know why tbh

• i have all of these phobias except 4, 9 and 10 lmao
    *ESPECIALLY* the 1st and 2nd

• A little publiophobia and followerphobia

What Guys Said 3

• Interesting list. Closing accounts before reaching Guru or Master level? Why?
    - I might fall a little into the Followerphobia. If I choose to follow someone then I feel like I'm being creepy or something. Kind of like I'm trying to hit on them or spy on them. So I rarely follow others.
    - And maybe a little into the Grammarophobia. I'm just trying to teach others how to spell and write sentences properly. Not trying to offend anyone.

• Followerphobic here. I've never really thought about following people- I don't have any other social media so I'm not really used to it you could say. I mean, if I follow one person, I think I'd probably be pressured into following everyone that messaged me :/

• I guess I'm "anonymophobic". The anonymous feature is just an invitation for trolls and assholes, and really, we already are anonymous here. I never allow it on my questions.