What’s myTake? FAQs & More

Wondering what the heck all of this “myTake” talk means? You’ve come to the right place!

We’re thrilled to announce the introduction of myTakes to the GAG Community. As a Community of highly-curious guys and girls, we love hearing different takes on everything from dating and relationships to fashion and fitness - more importantly, we love hearing your myTake.

Your trusty GAG team has spent weeks collaborating and brainstorming, and is finally ready to roll out the myTakes feature. Now that myTakes are up and running, we wanted to address a few of the most common questions that have rolled in from the GAG Community.

What’s a myTake?

Similar to a community blog post, creating a myTake provides you with the opportunity to share your thoughts on a variety of topics and ideas. For example, maybe you’ve got a lot of great tips on maintaining a long distance relationship, or perhaps you’re an aspiring fashionista with an eye for the hottest styles, anything you want to share your take on with the opposite sex, we want to hear all about it, and so does the rest of the GAG Community.

Who is an Editor?

Editors are GAG users who have consistently written informative, interesting, or helpful myTakes. When a user is awarded Editor status, all of the myTakes they write will be instantly promoted. Like always, 50 xper points will be earned for every promoted myTake and 150 xper points will be earned for each featured myTake! The admin staff still reviews the published content and then will make the decision to "feature" it on the homepage or un-promote the myTake. To become an Editor, keep writing great myTakes!
For more information on Editors, please read:
Become an Editor for GirlsAskGuys!

How Are myTakes Different Than Questions?

Questions on GAG are designed to provide users with access to a plethora of quick and helpful solutions from their peers, while myTakes serve as an outlet for users to demonstrate their skills and expertise on a particular subject. For example, rather than posting a question about what to get your boyfriend for their birthday, users can create a myTake about the “Top 5 Birthday Gifts for Guys.” The difference is in the content: a question is inquisitive, while a myTake is informative.

What Format Can myTakes Be In?

myTakes can be in article or list format. While a minimum of one embedded image is required in every myTake, you're welcome to embed up to 15 images and/or videos. For example, perhaps you’re sharing your take on the Top 5 Spring Break Destinations - this would be a great place to embed multiple images or videos. Including embedded media in your myTake provides endless creative opportunities to express yourself. Check out these examples:

List: Top 10 Fall Fashion Trends for Girls & Guys

Article: Dating for women over 30 or 40

Video: 25 Ways to Wear a Scarf

Image: Best Halloween Costumes for Girls & Guys

How Do I Create a myTake?

You’re going to love how easy this is! To create a myTake, follow this three-step process:

• Step #1: Click the myTake icon on the GAG homepage and enter your myTake title; click the orange button after creating your title. Remember, the title of your myTake should be descriptive, enticing, and free of grammatical errors.
  • Step #2: Use the myTake Details box to enter your text, build your list, embed your image, or even add a video. After entering your text and image, choose a topic for your myTake, then click the orange button to preview your myTake.
  • Step #3: Review your myTake. If everything looks great, click the orange submit button. If your Take still needs some work, you may either edit, delete, or save as draft to post later - the choice is yours.

How Many myTakes Can I Create Everyday?

Just like with questions, the amount of myTakes users are allowed to create is dependent upon Xper Level. Xper Level 1 users may create a maximum of one myTake every 24 hours. Xper Level 2 users may create a maximum of two myTakes every 24 hours, and Xper Level 2+ users may create a maximum of three myTakes every 24 hours.

What are Promoted myTakes?

Just like questions, really awesome myTakes are praised in the GAG Community. If your myTake is really awesome, GAG will let you know by promoting it. Instead of the gray lightbulb that myTakes have, it'll have a blue (guy) or pink (girl) lightbulb. If your myTake is promoted, you’ll receive an additional 50 Xper points and your myTake will appear in the Site Feed, Popular Feed, and also on the myTakes list pages (Recent, Popular, No Opinions, and By Topic). Read more about Promoted and Featured myTakes

What are Featured myTakes?

Features myTakes are docked on the homepage feed. So, these are really really awesome myTakes that the GAG editors liked alot and decided to feature them on the homepage. Writers of Featured myTakes receive an additional 150 Xper points, so the total bounty comes up to 200 Xper points for a Featured myTake. Read more about Promoted and Featured myTakes

What’s the Difference Between Regular myTakes & Popular myTakes?

myTakes that are not promoted can become a popular myTake, according to the unique algorithm used to measure engagement on the site.

myTake Support

To learn more about myTakes, click here. In the meantime, start thinking about what you’d like to share your myTake on. As always, the GAG team is here to help. Whether you have questions about a myTake topic or simply need some help with using this new feature, don’t sweat it; send a message to the "gagTake" user.

gagTake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• It's good to have this option when you want to make general comments about situations.. You will be hearing from me a lot

• I am somewhat confused on what exactly determines that a myTake is ought to be selected and made into a gagTake. How does that work? What defines "awesome"? :P

• The admin team will look at the quality of the content and the response it gets, and determine if it's something we want to feature as a gagTake to reach even more people and award them 100 Xper points for adding such great content to the site. The same process we had before when we promoted Stories to Articles. :)

• 27d

I was thinking of creating a Mytake to give advice for older virgin guys that were all stressed out about their virginity issue (I'm an old married guy, by the way). I was also going to write about my own virginity issues from long ago, but was wondering how explicit I could be in describing how I first had sex. Is there any limit on this?

SO, why is mytake NOT being submitted?

• Good write up

• Technology destroys most things. Relationships included.

• Wow lol this mobile site... It changed my page somehow this was for another question

• I just created mytake and submitted it but its not showing up in the main list where peope can see questions and takes... Why?

• Where did my live feed go?

• I was waiting for when GaG brings this back to us. So we can write articles and stuff. I'll probably write one when i get time! Might be a while though haha

• TLDR version it's articles

• Ahh right, I was a bit dhocked when I got on here and saw the changes haha, but it's good :) I understand now, great idea guys :D

• Ohh noice update

• MIND = BLOWN

• So it's a hipster name for article.

• I like it. I

What Girls Said 24

• This is basically the article feature, but returned. Finally, I can get back to what I did before, seeing as I lost the ones which weren't turned into gagtakes before!

• It appears that pretty much any take is being turned into a gagTake. I've seen takes a paragraph long which are more of a vent which are turned into a gagTake which I think is a kick in the teeth for those who spend a long time working on their myTake to make it as informative as possible, as well as nice to read.

• They seem cool

• Can I troll?

• How do you disavow mytakes?

• You can disavow myTakes by going to your myTakes page on your profile and clicking the broken link symbol beside the myTake you want to disavow :)

• The "GAG" community XD

• How do you become an editor, and what does this mean? Do you have to be an editor to be featured? Are editors paid?

• Hi, does anyone like boys love?

• How do you make your text bold?

• Where are your take drafts located

• Can you add videos to take?

• Can you put a picture in a question?

• Hey I'm new to this

• I'll give it a try :)

• cool will try

• Aren't myTakes basically the same as the old articles? Anyway, I think the name is good, much better than the ones which were proposed before.
    Is there a way though, to not make my opinions on takes appear first on my opinions page? I don't really want to scroll down a list of old comments make on articles/ takes until I reach my recent opinions?

• When we updated the site, it put those opinions and comments on top. Now, it should order them by most recent, so myTake and gagTake opinions/comments should not be on top any longer after you've shared on questions.

• It seems it's working now. Thank you!

• Great, happy to hear the fix worked for everyone!

• One of the few good improvements to the site!

• "this is gonna make me famous!" jk jk kudos to everyone who gets where that quote is from. this is awesome!

• Like articles or it's articles in new way :3

• This is actually a really nice add on; it's like a little mini blog/tumblr!

• Oh okay! Sounds good a bit complicated though

• More from Girls
    4